|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had been killed two days prior to the moment when the book begins?
(a) Robert Lohman.
(b) Jonathan Jackson.
(c) Franklin Alexander.
(d) Kendra Alexander.
2. Where was Angela Davis when the book began?
(a) West Adams.
(c) Echo Park.
(d) Main County Courthouse.
3. What was Angela Davis's reason for traveling to Helsinki?
(a) The World Festival for Youth and Students.
(b) To explore.
(c) A conference on the Algerian conflict.
(d) To hear Malcolm X speak.
4. What were Franklin and Kendra Alexander charged with?
(a) Inciting a revolt.
(b) Armed robbery.
(c) Conspiracy to commit murder.
(d) Conspiracy to commit robbery.
5. Why didn't Angela Davis feel she could identify with Malcolm X?
(a) Because she was not militant.
(b) Because she was not Muslim.
(c) Because she was not male.
(d) Because she was not poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other freshmen were Black in Angela Davis's college class?
2. Where did Angela Davis go from Chicago?
3. Where was Angela Davis sent right before Christmas 1970?
4. How was Angela Davis involved in the police raid on Franklin and Kendra Alexander's apartment?
5. Why was Angela Davis's neighborhood called Dynamite Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom did Angela Davis hide while she was running from the police?
2. Describe Angela Davis's experience at the Helsinki festival.
3. Describe the decision that led Angela Davis out of Birmingham.
4. Where was Angela Davis at the beginning of the book, and where was she going?
5. What was Angela Davis's experience of the Birmingham church bombings?
6. What conclusions did Angela Davis reach as a result of her time in Helsinki?
7. Why had Angela Davis lost her teaching position at the University of California?
8. What was Angela Davis's relationship with America while she was in Europe?
9. Describe Angela Davis's relationship with her fellow prisoners.
10. Describe Angela Davis's trip to New York for school.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)