|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Angela Davis travel to Helsinki with?
2. Whom did Angela Davis go to see in Chicago?
(a) David Poindexter.
(b) Gerald Lefcourt.
(c) Hattie and John.
(d) The Soledad brothers.
3. Why were students protesting at the Sorbonne when Angela Davis was there in 1962?
(a) The Algerian war.
(b) Nuclear proliferation.
(c) Communist expansion in Asia.
(d) The Cuban Missile Crisis.
4. What organization did most of Angela Davis's friends in Germany belong to?
(a) The NAACP.
(b) The Black Liberation Movement.
(c) The German Socialist League.
(d) The Communist Party.
5. When did the situation that brought Angela Davis to the circumstances that open the book begin?
(a) Three months earlier.
(b) Two days earlier.
(c) Two years earlier.
(d) Six months earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Angela Davis's return to the U.S. from Helsinki.
2. Why had Angela Davis lost her teaching position?
3. What is Angela Davis learning when she made her trip at the beginning of the book?
4. What was the consequence of the Cuban Missile Crisis at Angela Davis's college?
5. Where did Angela Davis want to go during her last year of high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Angela Davis study in high school?
2. What was it like for Angela Davis during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
3. What was Angela Davis's reaction to Malcolm X?
4. What was Angela Davis's experience of the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement?
5. Describe Angela Davis's trip to New York for school.
6. Describe Angela Davis's high school.
7. With whom did Angela Davis hide while she was running from the police?
8. What did Angela Davis's teachers tell her about hard work, and what was Davis's response to them?
9. Why had Angela Davis lost her teaching position at the University of California?
10. Describe Angela Davis's childhood experience of racism.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)