|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Angela Davis after she was arrested?
(a) Jonathan Jackson
(b) Robert Lohman.
(c) Gerald Lefcourt.
(d) David Poindexter.
2. Where did Angela Davis meet her friends in Europe before going to Helsinki?
(a) St. Petersburg.
3. What was the atmosphere in the Davis home after they moved when Angela Davis was four?
(a) Comfort and prosperity.
(b) Consistent harassment.
(c) Racial tolerance.
(d) Constant vigilance.
4. Whose family did Angela Davis spend time with in New York as a child?
(a) Herbert Marcuse.
(b) Reverend and Mrs. Melish.
(c) James Jackson.
(d) Margaret Burnham.
5. How old was Angela Davis when the Civil Rights movement began?
(a) Entering kindergarten.
(b) Entering college.
(c) Entering high school.
(d) Entering grade school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Angela Davis travel to high school?
2. What did Angela Davis decide at a young age?
3. Where had the deaths of McClain and Christmas and the other person taken place?
4. What was the consequence of the Cuban Missile Crisis at Angela Davis's college?
5. What was the border between black and white neighborhoods where Angela Davis lived with her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What movement had Angela Davis been involved in when she went into hiding from the police?
2. What conclusions did Angela Davis reach as a result of her time in Helsinki?
3. What was Angela Davis's personality like when she was young?
4. With whom did Angela Davis hide while she was running from the police?
5. What was Angela Davis's relationship with America while she was in Europe?
6. Describe Angela Davis's experience at the Helsinki festival.
7. Describe Angela Davis's travels in Germany.
8. What was Angela Davis's experience of the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement?
9. Describe the decision that led Angela Davis out of Birmingham.
10. Describe the conditions of Angela Davis's arrest.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)