|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject was Angela Davis tending toward during her term abroad?
2. Who had been killed two days prior to the moment when the book begins?
(a) Robert Lohman.
(b) Kendra Alexander.
(c) Franklin Alexander.
(d) Jonathan Jackson.
3. Why were students protesting at the Sorbonne when Angela Davis was there in 1962?
(a) The Algerian war.
(b) Communist expansion in Asia.
(c) The Cuban Missile Crisis.
(d) Nuclear proliferation.
4. Where did Angela Davis go when she left Birmingham?
(b) Fisk University.
(c) American Friends high school.
(d) Parker High School.
5. What was attractive about Fisk University?
(a) It would let Angela Davis escape from the race tensions.
(b) It was fully-funded.
(c) It had a pediatrics program.
(d) It was closer to home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Angela Davis arrested in Berlin?
2. Where did Angela Davis grow up?
3. How did Angela Davis feel attending high school?
4. Describe Angela Davis's return to the U.S. from Helsinki.
5. Where did Angela Davis's family move when Angela Davis was four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Angela Davis's trip to New York for school.
2. With whom did Angela Davis hide while she was running from the police?
3. What conclusions did Angela Davis reach as a result of her time in Helsinki?
4. How did Angela Davis communicate with her family during her flight from the police and then her imprisonment?
5. Where was Angela Davis kept when she was in prison, and when was she moved?
6. Describe Angela Davis's experience at the Helsinki festival.
7. Describe Angela Davis's childhood experience of racism.
8. Describe Angela Davis's high school.
9. Describe Angela Davis's relationship with her fellow prisoners.
10. Why was Angela Davis in hiding at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)