|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first charge against Angela Davis?
(b) Harboring criminals.
2. What caused Angela Davis to be moved to a new cell?
(a) Nation-wide protests.
(b) The murder of other political prisoners.
(c) Death threats from other inmates.
(d) A petition to the court.
3. What did Ruchell Magee do when his petition for removal was denied?
(a) Pursued it.
(b) Prepared a case for federal court.
(c) Worked with Angela Davis.
(d) Separated his case from Angela Davis'.
4. How does Angela Davis explain the press's coverage of herself and her co-defendant?
(a) She thinks they are intent on building up their radicalism.
(b) She things they are trying to paint them as lunatics.
(c) She things they want to destroy any solidarity between them.
(d) She thinks they are trying to reduce them to hysterical women.
5. What was Angela Davis supposed to be wearing when she met the people making the demands that disturbed the trial?
(a) A black scarf.
(b) A black hair wrap.
(c) A black dress.
(d) A white dress.
6. Where did Angela Davis have lunch when the jury retired?
(a) At the prison.
(b) In her cell.
(c) In a private dining area.
(d) At a diner.
7. How did Angela Davis treat her trial?
(a) As a platform for her opinions.
(b) As a chance to catch the system in its lies.
(c) As coordinated with the movement in the streets.
(d) As a chance to promote herself within the Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
8. What did Angela Davis say about Jonathan Jackson in her opening statement?
(a) The difficult life he had had as a child.
(b) The harmful effect George Jackson's imprisonment had on him.
(c) The difficulties he had because of his brother's imprisonment.
(d) The legal costs he had borne because of his brother's imprisonment.
9. Why was Angela Davis's legal team dissolved?
(a) She had won a mistrial.
(b) She had been released on bail.
(c) Charges against her had been dropped.
(d) The pre-trial work was complete.
10. In what way did Angela Davis identify with the Black Power movement?
(a) Her style of clothing.
(b) Her political views.
(c) Her hair style.
(d) Her philosophy.
11. What concession did Angela Davis's lawyers win at the arraignment hearing?
(a) A relocation.
(b) A dismissal.
(c) An adjournment.
(d) A continuance.
12. What status did Angela Davis obtain in order to get out of solitary confinement?
(a) Legal assistant.
(b) Member of her own legal team.
(c) Mental patient.
(d) Legal investigator.
13. How was Angela Davis received by the black movement in San Diego when she arrived there?
14. What criterion did Angela Davis insist her lawyers agree on?
(a) That the trial be based on the facts of the case, not politics.
(b) That the trial was political.
(c) That the justice system was corrupt.
(d) That there was bias against blacks in the justice system.
15. What did Franklin Alexander do after Gregory Clark's murder?
(a) Quiet the crowds calling for blood.
(b) Organize the protests calling for a trial of the policeman.
(c) Convince the protesters to disperse.
(d) Incite the crowds to call for blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Angela Davis go after being released on bail?
2. What options did Angela Davis's legal team have after the second day of the trial?
3. What was the purpose of the two West Coast meetings of the Black Liberation Movement?
4. What was the jury's verdict on the second charge against Angela Davis?
5. Who summoned Angela Davis to the courthouse on Sunday morning for the verdict?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)