|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the two West Coast meetings of the Black Liberation Movement?
(a) To organize for future regional unity.
(b) To oppose the Vietnam War.
(c) To demand Huey Newton's freedom.
(d) To demand a trial for the murder of Gregory Clark.
2. How was Angela Davis received by the black movement in San Diego when she arrived there?
3. Why was Angela Davis's legal team dissolved?
(a) She had won a mistrial.
(b) She had been released on bail.
(c) Charges against her had been dropped.
(d) The pre-trial work was complete.
4. Who came to see Angela Davis shortly after she was booked into jail?
(a) Tamu Ushindi.
(b) Carolyn Craven.
(c) Charlene Mitchell.
(d) Franklin Alexander.
5. What were Angela Davis's jail conditions like after she was first moved to her new jail?
6. What caused Angela Davis to be moved to a new cell?
(a) Nation-wide protests.
(b) Death threats from other inmates.
(c) The murder of other political prisoners.
(d) A petition to the court.
7. What was Franklin Alexander's response when the verdict was read?
8. What were the Soledad Brothers accused of?
(a) Killing three inmates.
(b) Harboring the Black Panthers.
(c) Murdering a prison guard.
(d) Attacking the Marin County Courthouse.
9. In her opening statement, what did Angela Davis say motivated her action?
(a) Desire for George Jackson.
(b) Desire to abolish the prison system.
(c) Desire to end repression.
(d) Desire to establish race equality.
10. What was the second charge against Angela Davis?
(b) Harboring criminals.
11. Why was the door suddenly guarded by police when Angela Davis was having lunch while the jury was out?
(a) A juror had been attacked.
(b) A plane had been hijacked in Seattle.
(c) The judge had freed Angela Davis.
(d) Someone had tried to escape from the prison.
12. What demands were conveyed to Angela Davis and the court?
(a) The juror's attacker wanted Angela Davis to be freed.
(b) Journalists demanded to be let into the courtroom.
(c) The prosecution demanded a conviction.
(d) The hijackers wanted her to meet their plane.
13. What did Richard Arnason do for Angela Davis?
(a) Eased some restraints on her imprisonment.
(b) Prevented her from writing about her trial.
(c) Set bail.
(d) Returned her to solitary confinement.
14. Where was Angela Davis the representative for the Black Panthers?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(d) San Diego.
15. What did Stokely Carmichael say to disappoint Angela Davis at the Los Angeles rally?
(a) That blacks should resort to non-violent forms of protest.
(b) That blacks would never assimilate with whites in America.
(c) That violence was going to be necessary in the Civil Rights Movement.
(d) That Marx was irrelevant to the Black Liberation Movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angela Davis conclude from the LA police's methods in inciting conflict after the assassination of Martin Luther King?
2. Who was included in the lunch that Angela Davis had when the jury retired?
3. What did Franklin Alexander do after Gregory Clark's murder?
4. What was Angela Davis's relationship with Rap Brown?
5. Whose hands was Angela Davis holding when the verdict was read?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)