|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons did Angela Davis take as a child?
(a) Debate and rhetoric.
(b) Trombone and saxophone.
(c) Ballet and piano.
(d) Violin and voice.
2. Where did Angela Davis meet her friends in Europe before going to Helsinki?
(b) St. Petersburg.
3. What was the consequence of the Cuban Missile Crisis at Angela Davis's college?
(a) James Baldwin's lectures were cancelled.
(b) Herbert Marcuse's lectures were cancelled.
(c) Communist students were expelled.
(d) School was closed.
4. Who did Angela Davis feel closest to in college?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) Black students.
(c) Foreign students.
(d) White students.
5. Where did Angela Davis grow up?
(a) Birmingham, AL.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) Los Angeles, CA.
(d) New York.
6. What was Angela Davis's family's class status?
7. What was Angela Davis's perspective on the Birmingham church bombing?
(a) That the race conflict was really a class conflict.
(b) That the perpetrators must be found and made an example of.
(c) That the best response to violence was compassion.
(d) That the whole of society was guilty of murdering the girls.
8. What were Franklin and Kendra Alexander charged with?
(a) Conspiracy to commit murder.
(b) Conspiracy to commit robbery.
(c) Inciting a revolt.
(d) Armed robbery.
9. How many other freshmen were Black in Angela Davis's college class?
10. What organization were Angela Davis's parents members of?
(a) Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
(b) The NAACP.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) Students for a Democratic Society.
11. Who had been killed two days prior to the moment when the book begins?
(a) Franklin Alexander.
(b) Robert Lohman.
(c) Kendra Alexander.
(d) Jonathan Jackson.
12. Why did Angela Davis choose the major she chose?
(a) Because literature fosters compassion and understanding.
(b) Because language is an easy barrier to remove.
(c) Because studying other cultures brings understanding at home.
(d) Because politics is the study of power.
13. What did Angela Davis do with the money she stole as a child?
(a) Donated to the Communist Party.
(b) Bought books.
(c) Saved up to escape Birmingham.
(d) Bought food for her poor classmates.
14. What was Angela Davis trying on when the book begins?
(b) A wig.
(c) A dress.
15. How old was Angela Davis when the Civil Rights movement began?
(a) Entering kindergarten.
(b) Entering grade school.
(c) Entering college.
(d) Entering high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Angela Davis been teaching before the time the book began?
2. What did Angela Davis's teachers tell her and her classmates?
3. What was Angela Davis doing when the book begins?
4. Where did Angela Davis steal from as a child?
5. Where did Angela Davis go to college?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)