|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned and operated Angela Davis's high school?
(a) The teachers.
(b) The parents.
(c) The state of Alabama.
(d) The state of New York.
2. Who did Angela Davis feel closest to in college?
(a) Foreign students.
(b) White students.
(c) Her teachers.
(d) Black students.
3. Who had been killed two days prior to the moment when the book begins?
(a) Franklin Alexander.
(b) Robert Lohman.
(c) Kendra Alexander.
(d) Jonathan Jackson.
4. How did Angela Davis feel attending high school?
(a) Like a despised minority.
(b) Like one of the gang.
(c) Like a valued contributor to the school's culture.
(d) Like an outsider.
5. What was Angela Davis's father's occupation?
(a) Manual laborer.
(b) He was unemployed.
(c) Elevator attendant.
(d) Gas station attendant.
6. What kind of scholarship did Angela Davis get for college?
(a) Full scholarship.
(b) Work-study funding.
(c) Partial scholarship.
(d) No scholarship.
7. Where did Angela Davis study for her junior year?
8. Why was Angela Davis arrested in Berlin?
(a) She had become a member of the Communist Party in East Berlin.
(b) She had contraband from the East.
(c) She had lived with agitators in the East.
(d) She had not gotten clearance when she moved.
9. Where was Angela Davis sent right before Christmas 1970?
(a) The mental ward.
(b) The general prison population.
10. What was Angela Davis's reason for traveling to Helsinki?
(a) To hear Malcolm X speak.
(b) A conference on the Algerian conflict.
(c) The World Festival for Youth and Students.
(d) To explore.
11. What conclusion did Angela Davis draw after her trip to Helsinki?
(a) Social solidarity can be as oppressive as racism.
(b) People are divided by superficial barriers.
(c) Each nation or group has to fight its own battles.
(d) Solidarity is more effective in bringing about change than individuality.
12. Where was Angela Davis arrested?
(b) New York.
13. Where did Angela Davis go to college?
(a) Fisk University.
(b) State University of New York.
(c) University of California.
(d) Brandeis University.
14. How did the church bombing in Birmingham touch Angela Davis?
(a) She didn't have any connection to it. She just heard about it in the paper.
(b) She knew the minister at the church that was bombed.
(c) She knew the people who bombed the church.
(d) She was friends with the girls who died.
15. How did Angela Davis and her friends show support for the organization her parents belonged to?
(a) By eating in white-only restaurants.
(b) By studying hard and getting good grades.
(c) By giving money to the poor.
(d) By refusing to go to the back of the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Angela Davis doing when the book begins?
2. Whom did Angela Davis try to free from the police?
3. Where did Angela Davis go from Chicago?
4. Where did Angela Davis do her graduate work?
5. How was Angela Davis involved in the police raid on Franklin and Kendra Alexander's apartment?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)