|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Angela Davis's neighborhood called Dynamite Hill?
(a) Because it was a center of race riots.
(b) Because black families' houses kept being dynamited there.
(c) Because it was near a blasting zone.
(d) Because it had 'dynamite' views.
2. Who was with Angela Davis when the book begins?
(a) Jonathan Jackson.
(b) William Christmas.
(d) James McClain.
3. What was the border between black and white neighborhoods where Angela Davis lived with her family?
(a) Houston Street.
(b) Mulholland Drive.
(c) Center Street.
(d) The Seine.
4. What did Angela Davis decide at a young age?
(a) That she would become a doctor, and provide for her family without getting into the race problems.
(b) That she would show white people that blacks were just as capable as them.
(c) That she would stay in America and fight for race equality.
(d) That she would run away from America and its race tensions.
5. Where was Angela Davis going at the beginning of the book?
(b) Main County Courthouse.
(c) Echo Park.
(d) West Adams.
6. What was the atmosphere in the Davis home after they moved when Angela Davis was four?
(a) Constant vigilance.
(b) Consistent harassment.
(c) Comfort and prosperity.
(d) Racial tolerance.
7. Where did Angela Davis meet her friends in Europe before going to Helsinki?
(b) St. Petersburg.
8. How did Angela Davis and her friends show support for the organization her parents belonged to?
(a) By studying hard and getting good grades.
(b) By refusing to go to the back of the bus.
(c) By giving money to the poor.
(d) By eating in white-only restaurants.
9. What did Angela Davis say she researched in the library during high school?
(a) African history.
(c) Literary criticism.
(d) Ancient mythology.
10. Where did Angela Davis go when she left Birmingham?
(a) American Friends high school.
(c) Parker High School.
(d) Fisk University.
11. What organization did most of Angela Davis's friends in Germany belong to?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The German Socialist League.
(c) The Black Liberation Movement.
(d) The NAACP.
12. Whom did Angela Davis go to see in Chicago?
(a) The Soledad brothers.
(b) David Poindexter.
(c) Gerald Lefcourt.
(d) Hattie and John.
13. How was the raid on Franklin and Kendra Alexander's apartment related to the deaths that took place immediately before the moment the book opened?
(a) Angela Davis was trying to free Franklin and Kendra Alexander from the courthouse when the people were killed.
(b) The drugs confiscated were found in the police station.
(c) The propaganda booklets they had printed had been the trigger for the shootout with the police.
(d) The guns confiscated at the raid were used at the courthouse.
14. Describe Angela Davis's return to the U.S. from Helsinki.
(a) She returned without incident.
(b) She was questioned by police.
(c) She was arrested.
(d) She was questioned by the FBI.
15. What kind of lessons did Angela Davis take as a child?
(a) Trombone and saxophone.
(b) Ballet and piano.
(c) Violin and voice.
(d) Debate and rhetoric.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Angela Davis join the communist movement at her college?
2. How did some students react to the Cuban Missile Crisis?
3. Where did Angela Davis study for her junior year?
4. Where did Angela Davis's family move when Angela Davis was four?
5. Describe Angela Davis's freshman year.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)