|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Angela Davis study for her junior year?
2. Who did Angela Davis feel closest to in college?
(a) Black students.
(b) Foreign students.
(c) White students.
(d) Her teachers.
3. Whose family did Angela Davis spend time with in New York as a child?
(a) James Jackson.
(b) Margaret Burnham.
(c) Herbert Marcuse.
(d) Reverend and Mrs. Melish.
4. Where did Angela Davis go to college?
(a) Brandeis University.
(b) Fisk University.
(c) State University of New York.
(d) University of California.
5. What was Angela Davis's perspective on the Birmingham church bombing?
(a) That the race conflict was really a class conflict.
(b) That the best response to violence was compassion.
(c) That the perpetrators must be found and made an example of.
(d) That the whole of society was guilty of murdering the girls.
6. Where was Angela Davis going at the beginning of the book?
(a) Echo Park.
(b) West Adams.
(c) Main County Courthouse.
7. What was Angela Davis's family's class status?
8. Why did Angela Davis choose the major she chose?
(a) Because language is an easy barrier to remove.
(b) Because literature fosters compassion and understanding.
(c) Because studying other cultures brings understanding at home.
(d) Because politics is the study of power.
9. Why was Angela Davis's neighborhood called Dynamite Hill?
(a) Because black families' houses kept being dynamited there.
(b) Because it had 'dynamite' views.
(c) Because it was a center of race riots.
(d) Because it was near a blasting zone.
10. What was Angela Davis doing when the book begins?
(a) Hiding from the police.
(b) Organizing a revolt.
(c) Moving to Chicago.
(d) Organizing a sit-in.
11. What was Angela Davis's mother doing in New York?
(a) Working for the Communist Party.
(b) Fleeing from McCarthyist persecution in the South.
(c) Working on her masters degree.
(d) Organizing workers.
12. What was Angela Davis's personality like in school?
(a) She was bookish and shy.
(b) She always stepped into confrontations.
(c) She was aloof and solitary.
(d) She was dabbling in different occupational tracks.
13. What was the purpose of the rally Herbert Marcuse held?
(a) To get the government to enter dialogue with Castro.
(b) To get the government to end its nuclear weapons program.
(c) To get the government to withdraw its threats.
(d) To get the government to hold firm against Castro.
14. How did the church bombing in Birmingham touch Angela Davis?
(a) She was friends with the girls who died.
(b) She knew the people who bombed the church.
(c) She didn't have any connection to it. She just heard about it in the paper.
(d) She knew the minister at the church that was bombed.
15. Why had Angela Davis lost her teaching position?
(a) Because of her radical opinions.
(b) Because she was wanted by the police.
(c) Because of her Communist Party membership.
(d) Because of her association with Franklin and Kendra Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Angela Davis feeling when she was waiting to leave her location at the beginning of the book?
2. What conclusion did Angela Davis draw after her trip to Helsinki?
3. What organization did Angela Davis join in high school?
4. Whom did Angela Davis go to see in Chicago?
5. Who had been killed two days prior to the moment when the book begins?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)