|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Bridges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Howard Moore leave the pre-trial motions to other lawyers?
(a) He had to make concessions to the local legal team.
(b) The defense team could not raise enough money for his fee.
(c) He had been de-barred in California.
(d) He was committed to a case in Atlanta.
2. When did Angela Davis return to the U.S.?
3. Where did Angela Davis want to be tried?
(a) In New York.
(b) In State court.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) In federal court.
4. What did the People's Tribunal Committee do after the murder of Gregory Clark?
(a) Try the policeman in a mock trial.
(b) Arrange round-the-clock demonstrations in front of the police station.
(c) Break into the police station to avenge the murder.
(d) Assassinate the policeman who had killed him.
5. What happens when Angela Davis and two other women take over the Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee LA chapter?
(a) Men in the Black Liberation Movement feel undermined.
(b) Men in the SNCC form their own organization.
(c) Women members withdraw from the SNCC under pressure from the men.
(d) Men in the Black Panthers harden their sexist rhetoric.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Angela Davis been imprisoned when she was finally released on bail?
2. What was Angela Davis's mother's occupation?
3. How was Angela Davis received by the black movement in San Diego when she arrived there?
4. What did Angela Davis learn while she was waiting to be transferred to the courthouse?
5. What concession did Angela Davis's lawyers win at the arraignment hearing?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)