|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Rocks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Franklin and Kendra Alexander charged with?
(a) Inciting a revolt.
(b) Armed robbery.
(c) Conspiracy to commit murder.
(d) Conspiracy to commit robbery.
2. What did Angela Davis learn about Birmingham when she was in New York?
(a) That she could pass a white.
(b) That it is impossible to live without racial tension, even in affluence.
(c) How segregated Birmingham was.
(d) That blacks in New York were as poor as in Birmingham.
3. Where was Angela Davis's high school?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(c) South Side Chicago.
(d) Birmingham, AL.
4. How was the raid on Franklin and Kendra Alexander's apartment related to the deaths that took place immediately before the moment the book opened?
(a) The drugs confiscated were found in the police station.
(b) The propaganda booklets they had printed had been the trigger for the shootout with the police.
(c) Angela Davis was trying to free Franklin and Kendra Alexander from the courthouse when the people were killed.
(d) The guns confiscated at the raid were used at the courthouse.
5. What did Angela Davis do with the money she stole as a child?
(a) Saved up to escape Birmingham.
(b) Bought books.
(c) Donated to the Communist Party.
(d) Bought food for her poor classmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Angela Davis's personality like in school?
2. Where did Angela Davis go when she left Birmingham?
3. Whom did Angela Davis go to see in Chicago?
4. What did Angela Davis say were the two levels of prison existence?
5. Why didn't Angela Davis leave the country?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)