|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Flames.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization did Angela Davis join in high school?
(b) Students for a Democratic Society.
(c) Communist Party.
(d) Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
2. What was the level of involvement in the Civil Rights movement in Angela Davis's high school?
(a) There were non-violent protests.
(b) There was very little interest.
(c) The students organized racial cooperation.
(d) There were race riots and sit-ins.
3. Who had been killed two days prior to the moment when the book begins?
(a) Robert Lohman.
(b) Franklin Alexander.
(c) Kendra Alexander.
(d) Jonathan Jackson.
4. What was Angela Davis's mother doing in New York?
(a) Working on her masters degree.
(b) Fleeing from McCarthyist persecution in the South.
(c) Working for the Communist Party.
(d) Organizing workers.
5. What kind of scholarship did Angela Davis get for college?
(a) Work-study funding.
(b) Partial scholarship.
(c) No scholarship.
(d) Full scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Angela Davis trying on when the book begins?
2. What happens when Angela Davis and two other women take over the Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee LA chapter?
3. What was Angela Davis feeling when she was waiting to leave her location at the beginning of the book?
4. Who owned and operated Angela Davis's high school?
5. Why was Angela Davis's neighborhood called Dynamite Hill?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)