|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Walls.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did some students react to the Cuban Missile Crisis?
(a) They went about their classes.
(b) They moved to Canada.
(c) They published threats against the Russians.
(d) They marched on Washington.
2. What did Angela Davis learn while she was waiting to be transferred to the courthouse?
(a) The California Supreme Court had upheld the death penalty.
(b) The California Supreme Court had refused her appeal.
(c) The California Supreme Court had abolished the death penalty.
(d) The California Supreme Court had agreed to hear her case.
3. What was the purpose of the rally Herbert Marcuse held?
(a) To get the government to withdraw its threats.
(b) To get the government to hold firm against Castro.
(c) To get the government to enter dialogue with Castro.
(d) To get the government to end its nuclear weapons program.
4. What was Angela Davis's perspective on the Birmingham church bombing?
(a) That the best response to violence was compassion.
(b) That the race conflict was really a class conflict.
(c) That the whole of society was guilty of murdering the girls.
(d) That the perpetrators must be found and made an example of.
5. What did Angela Davis major in after her trip to Helsinki?
(b) Political thought.
(d) English literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Gus Hall?
2. Where did Angela Davis's family move when Angela Davis was four?
3. What status did Angela Davis obtain in order to get out of solitary confinement?
4. Where was Angela Davis moved to when her legal team requested a change of venue?
5. What did Angela Davis say she researched in the library during high school?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)