|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elishama give the ladies on behalf of Charley Simpson in "The Immortal Story" part V. 'The Mission of Elishama"?
2. Why is Virginie left to grow up in poverty, according to Part VII. 'Virginie'?
3. How old does the sailor think he and Virginie both are before making love?
4. How long was Paul, the sailor isolated on an island, before going to bed with Virginie?
5. What does Virginie spend a lot of money on, in "The Immortal Story"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Prospero and Arial from Shakespeare's "The Tempest" and Soerensen and Malli from Dinesen's "Tempests" parallel and reflect each other.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the way Ardnt's fears of potentially causing harm to another woman he cares for, foreshadows the events that unfold in "Tempests".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain how Elishama proves his love to Mr. Clay in "The Immortal Story" and the significance these actions have on the content of the story as a whole.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)