|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Babette's friend from home buy her every year?
2. What does Saufe do with the bird feathers?
3. How old is Ardnt in "Tempests"?
4. Who becomes very upset from the news of Ferdinand?
5. Who is Saufe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cazotte think he is winning in his seduction?
2. What does Herr Soerensen do?
3. What does Mr. Clay want Elishama to do?
4. What helps Malli survive the shipwreck?
5. Who is Mathias?
6. How does Paul react to his night with Virginie?
7. Describe Thusmu.
8. Describe Rosenbad.
9. Describe Malli.
10. Who is Ehrengard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thinking of the cowfish from "The Diver" compare and contrast the desires and emotions of man and fish.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elements of comedy and tragedy in "The Immortal Story" and which you feel classifies the overall action and theme of the text best.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe Herr Soerensen from "Tempests" as an artist and what seems to be his driving motivator.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)