|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Martine and Phillipa?
2. What is mentioned about the Hosewinckel's house?
3. What destroys Soerensen's ship?
4. Where does Papin visit?
5. What does Babette's friend from home buy her every year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Virginie prepare for her role?
2. Describe the sisters' reluctance to let Babette cook the birthday feast.
3. Describe Babette.
4. Who is Kurt?
5. Who is Mira Jama?
6. Who is General Loewenhielm?
7. Describe Elishama.
8. What does Mr. Clay do?
9. Describe the setting of the beginning of "Babette's Feast- Part II, VIII- XII, pp. 41-59".
10. What does Cazotte watch every morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe Herr Soerensen from "Tempests" as an artist and what seems to be his driving motivator.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe how the French Catholics are presented and perceived in "Babette's Feast" and what you feel this presentation suggests about the religion as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain how the differences in social classes are presented to the reader in "The Ring" and why this information is important for the reader.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)