|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Madam Ross teach her daughter about in "Tempests"?
2. What does Babette's friend from home buy her every year?
3. Why are Papin's voice lessons ended?
4. What arrives at Martine and Phillipa's home that upsets the two women greatly?
5. Who is Ardnt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the Blue Boar tavern?
2. What does Paul admit to Virginie?
3. Describe how Babette stays connected to France while she is physically away.
4. Who is Ehrengard?
5. What happens at the end of "Ehrengard"?
6. Where does Herr Cazotte plan to take Lothar?
7. Who is Virginie?
8. Describe who Prince Lothar is.
9. Why does Malli faint?
10. Describe Ardnt.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism of Lise's wedding ring in "The Ring" and how it is merely seen as an object and holds no value of her love for her husband within it.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elements of comedy and tragedy in "The Immortal Story" and which you feel classifies the overall action and theme of the text best.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze Saufe's character as a dreamer in "The Diver" and how his dreams threaten order in his town.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)