|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most successful ocean diver of the area in "The Diver"?
2. What role does Madam Ross's daughter get cast in, in "Tempests"?
3. What is Soerensen's relationship like with Madam Ross's daughter in "Tempests"?
(b) Father- daughter.
4. Who is Mrs. Loewenhielm bringing to the anniversary dinner?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her grandson, the General.
(d) The General, her nephew.
5. What anniversary are the two women celebrating in "Babette's Feast"?
(a) Their late father's 50th birthday.
(b) Their late father's 100th birthday.
(c) Their anniversary of being widows.
(d) Their 50th birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thusmu tell Saufe in her visit?
2. Who is Thusmu?
3. What story does Mira Jama hear on the seashore?
4. What is the name of the first course of the meal in "Babette's Feast"?
5. How many years go by before Papin writes a letter to the two women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Shakespeare's influence in "Tempests".
2. Describe the sisters' reluctance to let Babette cook the birthday feast.
3. Why does Mr. Clay want to enact the story of the sailor?
4. How does Cazotte think he is winning in his seduction?
5. Discuss the role that champagne has in "Babette's Feast- Part II, VIII- XII, pp. 41-59".
6. Describe Elishama.
7. Who is Virginie?
8. What does Mr. Clay want Elishama to do?
9. Describe the cowfish.
10. Describe how Babette stays connected to France while she is physically away.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)