|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Babette learn to cook for the two women?
(a) Simple chicken.
(b) Chicken broth.
(d) Simple fish and soup.
2. Where does Saufe live?
3. Who goes to Soerensen distraught and weeping in "Tempests"?
(a) Madam Ross.
(d) No one.
4. What happens after Thusmu visits Saufe?
(a) Saufe is never seen again.
(b) Saufe soon leaves Shiraz.
(c) Saufe goes to Shiraz.
(d) Saufe leaves Sirah.
5. What item do men dive for at the bottom of the ocean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Soerensen's relationship like with Madam Ross's daughter in "Tempests"?
2. How old are Martine and Phillipa?
3. What does the letter in "Babette's Feast" discuss?
4. What story does Mira Jama hear on the seashore?
5. Who helps Soerensen recover his lost items from his ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thusmu.
2. What does Malli realize about Ardnt?
3. How does Paul react to his night with Virginie?
4. What happens to Lispeth and the infant?
5. Describe the French Catholics, according to "Babette's Feast- Part I, I- VII, pp. 21-41".
6. Discuss the role that champagne has in "Babette's Feast- Part II, VIII- XII, pp. 41-59".
7. Describe Rosenbad.
8. Who is Mathias?
9. Who is Kurt?
10. How is Mr. Clay defeated by Paul?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)