|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Soerensen's relationship like with Madam Ross's daughter in "Tempests"?
(c) Father- daughter.
2. What does the letter in "Babette's Feast" discuss?
(a) France and the war.
(b) War and suffrage.
(d) The weather.
3. What do Martine and Phillipa realize at the end of "Babette's Feast"?
(a) Babette's talents as a chef.
(b) Babette's devotion to them.
(c) Babette's idiocy.
(d) Their love for Babette.
4. Where does Saufe live?
5. What does Madam Ross's daughter do after seeing one of Soerensen's plays?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Auditions for "The Tempest".
(c) Begins to sing.
(d) Signs up for acting lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Babette tell the two women her wishes to prepare the entire anniversary meal?
2. How do the elders of the city react to Saufe's collection?
3. Who becomes very upset from the news of Ferdinand?
4. How long has it been since the General has been to Berlevaag?
5. How old is Ardnt in "Tempests"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ardnt.
2. What helps Malli survive the shipwreck?
3. How is Mr. Clay defeated by Paul?
4. Who is Achille Papin?
5. Describe the French Catholics, according to "Babette's Feast- Part I, I- VII, pp. 21-41".
6. Describe Elishama.
7. What happens after Thusmu visits Saufe?
8. What happens in the grove?
9. What happens at the end of "Ehrengard"?
10. What does Herr Soerensen do?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)