|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Papin's voice lessons ended?
(a) He kisses Martine.
(b) He kisses Phillipa.
(c) He has no accompianist.
(d) He is a poor singer.
2. What does Saufe do with the bird feathers?
(a) Stuffs them into her pillow.
(b) Smells them.
(c) Makes blankets from them.
(d) Assembles them into wings.
3. What is man obsessed with, according to "The Diver"?
(a) Appearance and time.
(b) Time and money.
(c) Time and space.
(d) Money and space.
4. What does Babette learn to cook for the two women?
(a) Chicken broth.
(b) Simple fish and soup.
(c) Simple chicken.
5. On what day does Soerensen decide to leave town with Madam Ross's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers flee on the lifeboat in "Tempests"?
2. Whose work is Soerensen particularly connected to?
3. How old is Ardnt in "Tempests"?
4. Who does Madam Ross marry?
5. Who is Mira Jama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the grove?
2. How is Mr. Clay defeated by Paul?
3. Describe Ardnt.
4. What do the sisters realize about Babette's at the end of "Babette's Feast"?
5. What is significant about the Blue Boar tavern?
6. What happens to Lispeth and the infant?
7. Discuss what happens at the ball in Malli's honor?
8. Who is Achille Papin?
9. Describe Saufe from "The Diver".
10. Discuss the role that champagne has in "Babette's Feast- Part II, VIII- XII, pp. 41-59".
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)