|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the sailor defeat Mr. Clay's reenactment of the legend of the sailor in "The Immortal Story"?
(a) The two get married.
(b) She falls in love.
(c) He falls in love.
(d) He realizes he was the sailor in the legend.
2. What happens when the sailor wakes up?
(a) He smokes a cigarette.
(b) He eats a sandwich.
(c) He and Virginie make love again.
(d) He has a bourbon.
3. What illness does Mr. Clay suffer from?
4. How many months pregnant is Ludmilla prior to her wedding?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 month.
5. What is Mr. Clay's clerk's name?
6. Where is Elishama from in "The Immortal Story"?
7. Who is Virginie's lover that plays pretentious and ambitious games?
(a) Mr. Clay.
(b) Charley Simpson.
(d) Charles Simms.
8. Where does Lise go to hide from Sigismund?
(a) The old shed.
(b) The grove.
(c) The old mill.
(d) The orchard.
9. Who is Ludmilla's guardian while she is pregnant with the Prince's child?
(d) The Duke.
10. What artist does Herr Cozette mention in his letter?
(b) Claude Lorraine.
(c) Henry Matisee.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
11. Where does Herr Cazotte take Prince Lothar in "Ehrengard"?
(a) The Caribbean.
(b) The capitals of Europe.
(d) To find his father.
12. What does Virginie do after the sailor leaves?
(c) Goes to the movies.
13. In "The Immortal Story", when do Mr. Clay and the sailor arrive to his bedroom?
(a) Before supper.
(b) Mid day.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late in the evening.
14. What happens as Virginie loses her virginity?
(a) She cries.
(c) An earthquake occurs.
(d) A tornado occurs.
15. In "Ehrengard", who is Ludmilla's maid of honor?
(d) The Duchess.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Immortal Story", what does Elishama acquire as a child?
2. At the end of "The Immortal Story" what did the sailor give Elishama to give to Virginie?
3. What does Elishama learn upon arriving to the house in Part VI. 'The Heroine of the Story' in "The Immortal Story"?
4. What are Lise and Sigismund doing at the beginning of "The Ring"?
5. Whose house does Elishama go to in Part VI. 'The Heroine of the Story' in "The Immortal Story"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)