|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Papin's voice lessons ended?
(a) He has no accompianist.
(b) He kisses Martine.
(c) He is a poor singer.
(d) He kisses Phillipa.
2. How many months went by before Madam Ross was left alone?
(c) A few.
3. Who is Thusmu?
(a) A singer.
(b) An angel.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A goddess.
4. What happens in time for the guests to leave the dinner party?
(a) The rain stops.
(b) The champagne is gone.
(c) The fire dies.
(d) The snow stops.
5. Who do the elders send to Saufe?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A young woman.
(c) An angel.
(d) An old lady.
6. How long has it been since the General has been to Berlevaag?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
7. How much did the meal cost Babette to make?
(a) 10,000 francs.
(b) 1,000 francs.
(c) 5,000 francs.
(d) 500 francs.
8. Who is dressed like a sailor upon exiting the boat in "Tempests"?
(a) Madam Ross.
9. Whose work is Soerensen particularly connected to?
10. Where did the General decide to marry his wife?
11. What season does Madam Ross give birth?
12. Where does Saufe live?
13. Who tells the most successful diver where to dive?
(a) An angel.
(b) The cowfish.
(c) The catfish.
(d) The dogfish.
14. What do the women do in preparation for their guests?
(a) Arrange flowers.
(b) Buy flowers.
(c) Arrange a party tray.
(d) Make the home smell nice.
15. Who is Babette?
(a) The two women's step mother.
(b) The two women's maid in waiting.
(c) The two women's cousin.
(d) The two women's pet pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Madam Ross's daughter when she helps the ship's crew and captain reach safety in "Tempests"?
2. Who shields Malli from the public view?
3. What does the General want to figure out for himself at the celebratory dinner?
4. What happens to Saufe's wings?
5. What destroys Soerensen's ship?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)