|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Martine and Phillipa live?
2. Who is Mrs. Loewenhielm bringing to the anniversary dinner?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) The General, her nephew.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her grandson, the General.
3. Who shields Malli from the public view?
(c) Mrs. Hosewinckel.
(d) Madam Ross.
4. Who is Thusmu?
(a) An angel.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A singer.
(d) A dancer.
5. Who is Mira Jama?
(a) No one.
(b) The storyteller of Saufe.
(c) The author of Suafe's story.
(d) Saufe's sister.
6. What is the weather like when the two women receive news from Mrs. Loewenhielm?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's snowing.
(c) It's beautiful outside.
(d) It does not say.
7. What does Soerensen operate in "Tempests"?
(a) A theatre.
(b) A dance company.
(c) A traveling theater troupe.
(d) Heavy machinery.
8. How do the elders of the city react to Saufe's collection?
9. How old is Madam Ross's daughter when she helps the ship's crew and captain reach safety in "Tempests"?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 19 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
10. Who does Ardnt carry from the shore and kiss?
(c) No one.
(d) Madam Ross.
11. What month does Babette tell the two women her wishes to prepare the entire anniversary meal?
12. Where did the General decide to marry his wife?
13. What do the women do in preparation for their guests?
(a) Make the home smell nice.
(b) Arrange flowers.
(c) Buy flowers.
(d) Arrange a party tray.
14. What has Soerensen lost after his ship wrecks?
(a) His trunk.
(b) His costumes.
(c) His hat.
(d) His wig.
15. When does the story of Jen Aabel's Bible date back to?
(a) March 1717.
(b) March 1718.
(c) February 1718.
(d) February 1717.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work is Soerensen particularly connected to?
2. What is man obsessed with, according to "The Diver"?
3. In "Tempests", who faints at the passage from Jen Aabel's Bible?
4. What does Madam Ross's daughter do after seeing one of Soerensen's plays?
5. What role will Soerensen play in "The Tempest"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)