|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Thusmu visits Saufe?
(a) Saufe leaves Sirah.
(b) Saufe goes to Shiraz.
(c) Saufe soon leaves Shiraz.
(d) Saufe is never seen again.
2. What arrives at Martine and Phillipa's home that upsets the two women greatly?
(a) A tortoise and wine.
(b) Wine and beer.
(c) Wine and cheese.
(d) A tortoise and a hare.
3. In "Tempests", what does Herr Soerensen do?
(a) He's a mechanic.
(b) He's an actor and director.
(c) He's a technical director.
(d) He's an artist.
4. What city is Achille Papin from?
5. How many years go by before Papin writes a letter to the two women?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
6. Why did Guro commit suicide?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She had cancer.
(c) Her husband had died.
(d) Ardnt broke up with her.
7. Whose work is Soerensen particularly connected to?
8. Who does Ardnt carry from the shore and kiss?
(a) No one.
(b) Madam Ross.
9. Where does Papin visit?
(a) The opera in France.
(b) The opera in Norway.
(c) The opera in Sweden.
(d) The opera in Italy.
10. Who is Ardnt?
(a) A boy.
(b) An actor.
(c) A rescuer.
(d) Jochum's son.
11. What does Saufe do with the bird feathers?
(a) Smells them.
(b) Assembles them into wings.
(c) Stuffs them into her pillow.
(d) Makes blankets from them.
12. What does the General want to figure out for himself at the celebratory dinner?
(a) If Martine is still pretty,
(b) If Phillipa is now prettier than Martine.
(c) If he chose the right bride.
(d) If he made the right choice in abandoning Martine.
13. What drink is served at the dinner in "Babette's Feast"?
14. Who says the meal's prayer in "Babette's Feast"?
(b) The elder's.
(d) The General.
15. What item do men dive for at the bottom of the ocean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women and their guests sing?
2. What does the singing do for the two women in "Babette's Feast"?
3. Who is dressed like a sailor upon exiting the boat in "Tempests"?
4. In "Tempests", who faints at the passage from Jen Aabel's Bible?
5. What other character is the character, Herr Soerensen a reflection of in "Tempests"?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)