|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is man obsessed with, according to "The Diver"?
(a) Appearance and time.
(b) Money and space.
(c) Time and money.
(d) Time and space.
2. What drink is served at the dinner in "Babette's Feast"?
3. Where does Saufe live?
4. What author does Madam Ross teach her daughter about in "Tempests"?
5. Who is Saufe?
(a) A dancer.
(b) An elder of the Koran.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A young student of the Koran.
6. Who says the meal's prayer in "Babette's Feast"?
(a) The elder's.
(c) The General.
7. What is mentioned about the Hosewinckel's house?
(a) The chandeliers.
(b) The fine china.
(c) The smell.
(d) The beautful bed linens.
8. Who is the most successful ocean diver of the area in "The Diver"?
9. In "Tempests", who sews an altar cloth with Mrs. Hosewinckel?
(a) Madam Ross.
10. Where do Martine and Phillipa live?
11. What role will Soerensen play in "The Tempest"?
12. What do the women and their guests sing?
(a) Old hymns.
(b) Old Christmas carols.
(d) "Happy Birthday".
13. Who is the officer's wife close to, in "Babette's Feast"?
(a) Queen Sofia.
(b) Queen Sees.
(c) Queen Sophia.
(d) Queen Sofie.
14. What is Soerensen's relationship like with Madam Ross's daughter in "Tempests"?
(d) Father- daughter.
15. What season does Madam Ross give birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Mira Jama hear on the seashore?
2. How many passengers flee on the lifeboat in "Tempests"?
3. What does the General tell Martine at the dinner?
4. How long has it been since the General has been to Berlevaag?
5. On what day does Soerensen decide to leave town with Madam Ross's daughter?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)