|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Immortal Story, XII- XV, pp. 173-199.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elishama learn upon arriving to the house in Part VI. 'The Heroine of the Story' in "The Immortal Story"?
(a) Virginie's great hostility towards Mr. Clay.
(b) No one is home.
(c) Virginie is about to kill herself.
2. What does Elishama explain to Mr. Clay after telling him part IV. 'The Story'?
(a) That they should recreate the story.
(b) That all sailors are lonely and tell this story.
(c) That this story is true.
(d) That this story is not true.
3. Who recalls growing up in poverty while they look at Ferdinand?
(a) Madam Ross.
4. In "The Immortal Story", what does Elishama acquire as a child?
(a) A record player.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A type writer.
(d) A Hebrew version of the book of Isaiah.
5. Where does Saufe live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virginie realize about Elishama at the end of 'Virginie and Elishama' from "The Immortal Story"?
2. In "The Immortal Story", when do Mr. Clay and the sailor arrive to his bedroom?
3. What is man obsessed with, according to "The Diver"?
4. What do Martine and Phillipa realize at the end of "Babette's Feast"?
5. At what time does Virginie wake the sailor up?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)