|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hall runs to the door?
2. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
3. While running to the autopsy room, Hall notices that Leavitt appears to be in a trance. Why does he appear that way?
4. Too whom does the female voice on the intercom belong?
5. What did Stone and Leavitt find in the satellite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
2. What did Manchek find about the wreck of the plane?
3. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
4. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
5. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
6. Describe the crash scene of the military jet to which Major Manchek travels . What does it look like? What does he find?
7. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
8. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
9. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
10. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this book the government had several "top secret" projects of which few of its citizens were knowledgeable. Do you think this is okay for the government to do? Do you believe that the government should keep secrets from the people? Why or why not? Do you think the government should have first access to all technology? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The process of "decontaminating" the body is almost inherently self-hating. It is as if Jeremy Stone, who designed the Wildfire decontamination process, believes human bodies are loathsome and dirty. Visualize a world where everyone thought this. How would humans interact? What type of emotions do you think humans would develop? How would reproduction occur? If you stepped into a world in the future where the human body was considered loathsome and dirty, where no one would get close to another person, how would you feel? What would you do?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the atmosphere inside the Wildfire lab. Did the men like each other? With the work they are doing does it matter if they like each other? How did they treat the staff? How did they feel about Wildfire?
This section contains 1,553 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)