|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the The Messenger Theory?
2. Burton's tests reveal that clotting begins in the lungs then progresses to the brain. What does that mean to him?
3. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
4. What happens when Hall runs to the door?
5. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
Essay Topic 1
The folly of trusting automated processing above human supervision is first shown by the printer jam early in the book, and yet many of our systems, from communications to financial are automated or at least depend heavily upon computers and other machines. Do you think it's reasonable for humans to rely so heavily upon "machines?" Describe the advantages and disadvantages of such a dependence.
Essay Topic 2
Considering the technological advancements made in the past fifty years, why do you think there are people still starving in the world? Do you think better use could be made of the human mind than technological advances?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dr. Hall. Would you like him if you met him? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)