|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't normal food available at the lab?
2. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
3. What does Stone do to help Burton in the autopsy room when he's been exposed to Andromeda?
4. What do they put into the room with the satellite first?
5. There is a lab rat in the room with Dr. Burton, what do Stone and Hall notice about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. The scientist are not bad men. It would be easy to see them that way. How does the narrator see them? Or the reader?
2. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
3. After knowing about the baby's blood pH and Jackson's blood pH, what does Hall figure out?
4. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
5. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
6. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
7. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
8. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
9. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
10. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe all the objects in your home and their uses that were invented in the past thirty years. Do you think life would be difficult without them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The folly of trusting automated processing above human supervision is first shown by the printer jam early in the book, and yet many of our systems, from communications to financial are automated or at least depend heavily upon computers and other machines. Do you think it's reasonable for humans to rely so heavily upon "machines?" Describe the advantages and disadvantages of such a dependence.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dr. Burton. Do you think he made too many mistakes to stay on the Wildfire team? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)