|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
2. What happens to the rat when deposited near the satellite?
3. While dealing with Burton, Hall and Stone hear another emergency announcement by the computer. It is:
4. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
5. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
2. What did Manchek find about the wreck of the plane?
3. What is the real mission of Scoop? What do the scientist do when they find out?
4. After knowing about the baby's blood pH and Jackson's blood pH, what does Hall figure out?
5. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
6. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
7. Describe the crash scene of the military jet to which Major Manchek travels . What does it look like? What does he find?
8. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
9. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
10. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the Andromeda Strain was aimed at humans? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
The process of "decontaminating" the body is almost inherently self-hating. It is as if Jeremy Stone, who designed the Wildfire decontamination process, believes human bodies are loathsome and dirty. Visualize a world where everyone thought this. How would humans interact? What type of emotions do you think humans would develop? How would reproduction occur? If you stepped into a world in the future where the human body was considered loathsome and dirty, where no one would get close to another person, how would you feel? What would you do?
Essay Topic 3
Did this book hold your interest throughout? How? Why? If not, why? Describe what parts interested you the most and any parts you thought were boring. Did you foresee the end long before it came? How?
This section contains 1,352 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)