|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
2. What is the The Messenger Theory?
3. What happens to the rat when deposited near the satellite?
4. How often do the doctors get together to discuss results?
5. What does Hall think made Jackson survive Andromeda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
2. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
3. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
4. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
5. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
6. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
7. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
8. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
9. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
10. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The process of "decontaminating" the body is almost inherently self-hating. It is as if Jeremy Stone, who designed the Wildfire decontamination process, believes human bodies are loathsome and dirty. Visualize a world where everyone thought this. How would humans interact? What type of emotions do you think humans would develop? How would reproduction occur? If you stepped into a world in the future where the human body was considered loathsome and dirty, where no one would get close to another person, how would you feel? What would you do?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Burton. Do you think he made too many mistakes to stay on the Wildfire team? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the atmosphere inside the Wildfire lab. Did the men like each other? With the work they are doing does it matter if they like each other? How did they treat the staff? How did they feel about Wildfire?
This section contains 1,421 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)