|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
2. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
3. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
4. What is the The Messenger Theory?
5. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
2. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
3. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
4. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
5. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
6. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
7. What is the real mission of Scoop? What do the scientist do when they find out?
8. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
9. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
10. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the atmosphere inside the Wildfire lab. Did the men like each other? With the work they are doing does it matter if they like each other? How did they treat the staff? How did they feel about Wildfire?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Leavitt. Did you like him? Does he remind you of anyone you know? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Leavitt discusses a machine invented to provide computerized physical exams. The machine is designed to replace doctors. How would you feel if such a machine existed? Describe a scene where you are being examined by a machine. How do you feel? How do you relate to the machine? Do you miss a flesh and blood physician? Would you trust a machine as your doctor? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)