|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
2. What does Hall do at the computer when he is in the room with his patients?
3. What type of waste products did Andromeda produce?
4. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
5. How did the men feel about finding a solution to Andromeda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
2. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
3. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
4. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
5. Why is Mark Hall's reaction to the female computer voice important?
6. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
7. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
8. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
9. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
10. What is the real mission of Scoop? What do the scientist do when they find out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you believe this book is saying about scientific advancements? Do you agree with that view point?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Hall. Would you like him if you met him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dr. Stone. Do you like him? How does his personality coincide with the job he has to do? Is he someone you would trust with your life? Do you think he makes a good addition to the Wildfire team? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)