|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do when they realize a nuclear detonation in Piedmont will provide Andromeda with a limitless supply of energy?
2. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
3. How many ligamine darts hits Hall before he gets to level 4?
4. How often do the doctors get together to discuss results?
5. What does Hall think about Burton's fear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One theme explored in this book relates to the rising fear in the mid-twentieth century that mankind would become slaves to technology. Do you think this is possible? Why? Give examples of what you believe illustrates this fear. Do you believe you've become a slave to technology in your own life? How? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Leavitt. Did you like him? Does he remind you of anyone you know? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In this book the government had several "top secret" projects of which few of its citizens were knowledgeable. Do you think this is okay for the government to do? Do you believe that the government should keep secrets from the people? Why or why not? Do you think the government should have first access to all technology? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)