|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While dealing with Burton, Hall and Stone hear another emergency announcement by the computer. It is:
2. What is the The Messenger Theory?
3. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
4. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
5. What does Burton's tests determine about the dead bodies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When considering all the technology in this book, do you believe humans are ready to have such technology? Do you think humans are civilized enough to go into space? Why do you think we have not flown people to another planet yet?
Essay Topic 2
The folly of trusting automated processing above human supervision is first shown by the printer jam early in the book, and yet many of our systems, from communications to financial are automated or at least depend heavily upon computers and other machines. Do you think it's reasonable for humans to rely so heavily upon "machines?" Describe the advantages and disadvantages of such a dependence.
Essay Topic 3
What do you believe this book is saying about scientific advancements? Do you agree with that view point?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)