|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
2. What happens as the men stare at the green substance attached to the meteor?
3. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
4. What does Stone do when they find the message?
5. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real mission of Scoop? What do the scientist do when they find out?
2. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
3. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
4. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
5. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
6. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
7. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
8. In the conference room in Chapter 12, Dr. Stone talks about a man named Rudolph Karp. Who is Karp? Why does Stone discuss him?
9. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
10. After knowing about the baby's blood pH and Jackson's blood pH, what does Hall figure out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the Andromeda Strain was aimed at humans? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
Describe all the objects in your home and their uses that were invented in the past thirty years. Do you think life would be difficult without them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Did this book hold your interest throughout? How? Why? If not, why? Describe what parts interested you the most and any parts you thought were boring. Did you foresee the end long before it came? How?
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)