|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
2. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
3. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
4. What do they put into the room with the satellite first?
5. What happens when Hall runs to the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
2. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
3. Describe the crash scene of the military jet to which Major Manchek travels . What does it look like? What does he find?
4. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
5. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
6. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
7. The scientist are not bad men. It would be easy to see them that way. How does the narrator see them? Or the reader?
8. What is the real mission of Scoop? What do the scientist do when they find out?
9. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
10. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you believe this book is saying about scientific advancements? Do you agree with that view point?
Essay Topic 2
Describe all the objects in your home and their uses that were invented in the past thirty years. Do you think life would be difficult without them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the Andromeda Strain was aimed at humans? Why or why not.
This section contains 1,503 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)