Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
2. What is Project Wildfire?
3. How does Burton appear to Stone?
4. What is Caper One?
5. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
2. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
3. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
4. What do you think Dr. Stone represents in this book?
5. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
6. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
7. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
8. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
9. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
10. What does Stone tell Hall as they discuss how many seconds was left on the self-destruct?
The process of "decontaminating" the body is almost inherently self-hating. It is as if Jeremy Stone, who designed the Wildfire decontamination process, believes human bodies are loathsome and dirty. Visualize a world where everyone thought this. How would humans interact? What type of emotions do you think humans would develop? How would reproduction occur? If you stepped into a world in the future where the human body was considered loathsome and dirty, where no one would get close to another person, how would you feel? What would you do?
In this book the government had several "top secret" projects of which few of its citizens were knowledgeable. Do you think this is okay for the government to do? Do you believe that the government should keep secrets from the people? Why or why not? Do you think the government should have first access to all technology? Why or why not?
Describe Dr. Burton. Do you think he made too many mistakes to stay on the Wildfire team? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)