|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do they find alive in the town?
2. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
3. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
4. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
5. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
2. Describe the crash scene of the military jet to which Major Manchek travels . What does it look like? What does he find?
3. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
4. What do you think the author would say is the theme of this story?
5. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
6. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
7. What does the author suggest about the Andromeda strain at the end of the book?
8. Why does Stone believe the Wildfire lab has "the capability to deal with an unknown biologic agent."?
9. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
10. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dr. Leavitt. Did you like him? Does he remind you of anyone you know? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Stone. Do you like him? How does his personality coincide with the job he has to do? Is he someone you would trust with your life? Do you think he makes a good addition to the Wildfire team? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the meaning of this phrase: "Especially in the United States, consumers decide what technology is worthy of purchase." How does your life illustrate that idea? Do you think the idea would be meaningless in a much more technologically-lower country? Why?
This section contains 2,229 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)