|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
2. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
3. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
4. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
5. What does Jagger show Manchek on a conference call?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
2. The author states his theme that crises are made up of human personalities. How does he introduce his characters?
3. Describe the chain of events, in Stone's mind that has lead up to project Wildfire.
4. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
5. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
6. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
7. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
8. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
9. What are the protocols Leavitt personally put into place for Wildfire?
10. Write about the first pages of the book and what the author does to grab the reader's attention.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the Andromeda Strain was aimed at humans? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
What do you believe this book is saying about scientific advancements? Do you agree with that view point?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dr. Hall. Would you like him if you met him? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,492 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)