|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
2. What does Lt. Shawn do as he approaches Piedmont?
3. Who do they find alive in the town?
4. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
5. What spurred significant advances in biological science?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the author would say is the theme of this story?
2. What decontamination processes do the men go through on Level 2, 3 and 4?
3. Describe what happens at Dr. Stone's house when he's called for Wildfire.
4. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
5. Describe the chain of events, in Stone's mind that has lead up to project Wildfire.
6. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
7. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
8. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
9. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
10. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
Essay Topic 1
When considering all the technology in this book, do you believe humans are ready to have such technology? Do you think humans are civilized enough to go into space? Why do you think we have not flown people to another planet yet?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the atmosphere inside the Wildfire lab. Did the men like each other? With the work they are doing does it matter if they like each other? How did they treat the staff? How did they feel about Wildfire?
Essay Topic 3
Considering the technological advancements made in the past fifty years, why do you think there are people still starving in the world? Do you think better use could be made of the human mind than technological advances?
This section contains 2,386 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)