|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
2. What is Dr. Stone doing when the military shows up at his door?
3. What is Project Wildfire?
4. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
5. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the protocols Leavitt personally put into place for Wildfire?
2. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
3. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
4. What decontamination processes do the men go through on Level 2, 3 and 4?
5. Why does Stone believe the Wildfire lab has "the capability to deal with an unknown biologic agent."?
6. Describe Major Arthur Manchek.
7. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
8. Already, by chapter 4, the reader can tell this is a technical narrative. How does the author handle the technology?
9. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
10. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe all the objects in your home and their uses that were invented in the past thirty years. Do you think life would be difficult without them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Did this book hold your interest throughout? How? Why? If not, why? Describe what parts interested you the most and any parts you thought were boring. Did you foresee the end long before it came? How?
Essay Topic 3
When considering all the technology in this book, do you believe humans are ready to have such technology? Do you think humans are civilized enough to go into space? Why do you think we have not flown people to another planet yet?
This section contains 1,431 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)