|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stone feel about Hall's appointment?
2. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
3. What is the first response to Mancheck's call to Wildfire?
4. What is Project Wildfire?
5. Who is Major Arthur Manchek?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
2. Describe the chain of events, in Stone's mind that has lead up to project Wildfire.
3. The author states his theme that crises are made up of human personalities. How does he introduce his characters?
4. What decontamination processes do the men go through on Level 2, 3 and 4?
5. Describe Dr. Burton as he rides in the helicopter with Dr. Stone going to Piedmont. Tell a little of his background in science.
6. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
7. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
8. Why does Stone believe the Wildfire lab has "the capability to deal with an unknown biologic agent."?
9. Write about the narrator. What is his purpose? How is his purpose carried out?
10. In Chapter 3, the narrator discusses the nature of crisis from a historical perspective. What does he have to say about the nature of crisis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dr. Hall. Would you like him if you met him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Did this book hold your interest throughout? How? Why? If not, why? Describe what parts interested you the most and any parts you thought were boring. Did you foresee the end long before it came? How?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the atmosphere inside the Wildfire lab. Did the men like each other? With the work they are doing does it matter if they like each other? How did they treat the staff? How did they feel about Wildfire?
This section contains 1,494 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)