|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
2. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
3. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
4. What does Dr. Hall think about the Wildfire project?
5. What does Lt. Comroe at mission control do when told about the bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
2. Describe what happens at Dr. Stone's house when he's called for Wildfire.
3. In Chapter 3, the narrator discusses the nature of crisis from a historical perspective. What does he have to say about the nature of crisis?
4. What decontamination processes do the men go through on Level 2, 3 and 4?
5. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
6. Why does Stone believe the Wildfire lab has "the capability to deal with an unknown biologic agent."?
7. Write about the narrator. What is his purpose? How is his purpose carried out?
8. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
9. The author states his theme that crises are made up of human personalities. How does he introduce his characters?
10. Describe the chain of events, in Stone's mind that has lead up to project Wildfire.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The process of "decontaminating" the body is almost inherently self-hating. It is as if Jeremy Stone, who designed the Wildfire decontamination process, believes human bodies are loathsome and dirty. Visualize a world where everyone thought this. How would humans interact? What type of emotions do you think humans would develop? How would reproduction occur? If you stepped into a world in the future where the human body was considered loathsome and dirty, where no one would get close to another person, how would you feel? What would you do?
Essay Topic 2
When considering all the technology in this book, do you believe humans are ready to have such technology? Do you think humans are civilized enough to go into space? Why do you think we have not flown people to another planet yet?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the Andromeda Strain was aimed at humans? Why or why not.
This section contains 1,564 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)