Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
2. What is Project Wildfire?
3. How does Burton appear to Stone?
4. What is Caper One?
5. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
2. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
3. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
4. What do you think Dr. Stone represents in this book?
5. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
6. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
7. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
8. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
9. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
10. What does Stone tell Hall as they discuss how many seconds was left on the self-destruct?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dr. Leavitt. Did you like him? Does he remind you of anyone you know? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the meaning of this phrase: "Especially in the United States, consumers decide what technology is worthy of purchase." How does your life illustrate that idea? Do you think the idea would be meaningless in a much more technologically-lower country? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the Andromeda Strain was aimed at humans? Why or why not.
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)