Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
2. What is Project Wildfire?
3. How does Burton appear to Stone?
4. What is Caper One?
5. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
2. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
3. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
4. What do you think Dr. Stone represents in this book?
5. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
6. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
7. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
8. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
9. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
10. What does Stone tell Hall as they discuss how many seconds was left on the self-destruct?
Describe Dr. Stone. Do you like him? How does his personality coincide with the job he has to do? Is he someone you would trust with your life? Do you think he makes a good addition to the Wildfire team? Why or why not?
Describe the atmosphere inside the Wildfire lab. Did the men like each other? With the work they are doing does it matter if they like each other? How did they treat the staff? How did they feel about Wildfire?
Describe Dr. Leavitt. Did you like him? Does he remind you of anyone you know? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)