|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone do when they find the message?
(a) asks the others what they should do
(b) calls the president's advisor to try to talk him into initiating directive 7-12 immediately
(c) shruggs his shoulders and quotes politics
(d) rips it up and throws it in the trash
2. What type of waste products did Andromeda produce?
(a) carbon and water
(b) it doesn't produce any
(c) amino acids
(d) starch, sugar and hydrogen
3. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
(a) that he ought to take this project more seriously
(b) that tomorrow a male voice will waken him
(c) that pushing the red button calls him
(d) that he is late for breakfast
4. What does the spectrometer show about the composition of the Andromeda strain?
(a) it's radioactive
(b) it resembles earthly organic life
(c) it has carbon and silicon in it
(d) it is not alive
5. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
(a) they're under extreme pressure
(b) they are confident
(c) they're relieved
(d) they're happy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wildfire group eat for breakfast?
2. What is the The Messenger Theory?
3. What do they find out about the green substance and amino acids?
4. When Hall realizes the reason for Jackson's and the baby's survival what does he do?
5. What does Hall do as he finishes turning his key in the level 4 substation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
2. Describe the study Leavitt uses as the basis for his rule of 48.
3. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
4. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
5. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
6. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
7. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
8. Why is Mark Hall's reaction to the female computer voice important?
9. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
10. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
This section contains 1,457 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)