|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
(a) they focus ultrviolet lights on the doors
(b) they decide to evacuate
(c) they use caulk to seal off the areas
(d) the self-destruct sequence begins
2. What does Burton's tests determine about the dead bodies?
(a) they're not contagious, only the air surrounding them transmits the disease
(b) the disease stays on the dead body, still contagious
(c) they are disintegrating quickly
(d) the disease leaves after the body dies
3. For what reason do the men decide some of the Piedmont people seemed to have committed suicide?
(a) they were too afraid to die of Andromeda
(b) they couldn't stand seeing all their family and friends dead
(c) Andromeda told them to do it
(d) brain hemorrhages are capable of causing insanity as well as death
4. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
(a) they ignore it as being irrelevant
(b) they send flowers to the pilot's wife
(c) they immediately download the information
(d) they have an hour discussion about what might have happened
5. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
(a) tells him the baby's mother's name
(b) tells him he doesn't need a doctor
(c) tells him to go away
(d) he doesn't talk to him
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
2. Why is the center core protected?
3. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
4. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
5. What does Hall do at the computer when he is in the room with his patients?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
2. In the conference room in Chapter 12, Dr. Stone talks about a man named Rudolph Karp. Who is Karp? Why does Stone discuss him?
3. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
4. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
5. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
6. What did Manchek find about the wreck of the plane?
7. Why is Mark Hall's reaction to the female computer voice important?
8. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
9. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
10. The scientist are not bad men. It would be easy to see them that way. How does the narrator see them? Or the reader?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)