|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an electron microscope work better than any other type of scope?
(a) it uses lasers to shine on the subject
(b) it uses electric current across the lens
(c) it has a bigger lens
(d) it uses magnetic fields rather than light rays to view and enlarge objects
2. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
(a) they're happy
(b) they're under extreme pressure
(c) they are confident
(d) they're relieved
3. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
(a) made him insane
(b) made him a drug addict
(c) created acidosis, or excess acidity in the body
(d) has aged him before his time
4. What message have the men received without their knowledge, that they find by accident?
(a) the notification about the President's decision to delay directive 7-12
(b) that the plaque has spread to Texas
(c) that Dr. Leavitt's wife is in the hospital
(d) that another sattellite has come down to earth
5. What does the Wildfire group eat for breakfast?
(a) a large pill which is all the nutrients they need
(b) oatmeal with honey
(c) a glass of dark brown juice, which tastes like orange juice
(d) eggs, toast and bacon
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leavitt's rule of "48"?
2. What does Hall race back to the autopsy room to stop?
3. What does Hall think made Jackson survive Andromeda?
4. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
5. What bothers Hall about the substations that will turn off a self-destruct?
Short Essay Questions
1. The scientist are not bad men. It would be easy to see them that way. How does the narrator see them? Or the reader?
2. Describe the study Leavitt uses as the basis for his rule of 48.
3. In the conference room in Chapter 12, Dr. Stone talks about a man named Rudolph Karp. Who is Karp? Why does Stone discuss him?
4. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
5. After knowing about the baby's blood pH and Jackson's blood pH, what does Hall figure out?
6. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
7. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
8. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
9. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
10. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)