|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
(a) the mutated form of Andromeda is only dangerous to rubber gaskets
(b) Andromeda doesn't want to be confined to the lab
(c) the mutated form of Andromeda is going to attack the glass
(d) Andromeda is attacking the computer
2. What did Stone and Leavitt find in the satellite?
(a) a message written in Greek
(b) a meteror rock with a green substance growing on it
(c) a piece of a missle
3. What do they find out about the green substance and amino acids?
(a) it has no amino acids
(b) it makes amino acids out of the air
(c) it makes its own amino acids
(d) it shrinks in the presence of amino acids
4. Burton's tests reveal that clotting begins in the lungs then progresses to the brain. What does that mean to him?
(a) that the disease does't clog the arteries
(b) that eveyone suffucated before they died
(c) that the brain is not that vulnerable to the disease
(d) the disease must be inhaled
5. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
(a) it's not from earth
(b) the agent reponds to light
(c) it is too big to be airborne
(d) the agent could only be a larger molecule like a bacterial cell
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a lab rat in the room with Dr. Burton, what do Stone and Hall notice about it?
2. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
3. What does the spectrometer show about the composition of the Andromeda strain?
4. What does Hall race back to the autopsy room to stop?
5. What bothers Hall about the substations that will turn off a self-destruct?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
2. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
3. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
4. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
5. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
6. What did Manchek find about the wreck of the plane?
7. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
8. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
9. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
10. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
This section contains 1,479 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)