|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to produce the best growth in Andromeda?
(a) any type of energy causes it to grow well
(b) saline solution
(c) chocolate ice cream
(d) pure oxygen
2. What do they do when they realize a nuclear detonation in Piedmont will provide Andromeda with a limitless supply of energy?
(a) faint dead away
(b) call off the directive 7-12 to nuke Piedmont
(d) start screaming at each other
3. What do they find out about the green substance and amino acids?
(a) it makes amino acids out of the air
(b) it shrinks in the presence of amino acids
(c) it has no amino acids
(d) it makes its own amino acids
4. Where are the laboratories and equipment rooms that they will be using on level 5?
(a) anywhere there was room to put them
(b) sealed away inside the central core
(c) in the north section of the level
(d) along the perimeter of the cone
5. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
(a) that he ought to take this project more seriously
(b) that tomorrow a male voice will waken him
(c) that he is late for breakfast
(d) that pushing the red button calls him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hall think about Burton's fear?
2. What does the team decide Hall has to find out?
3. How is the center core protected, level to level?
4. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
5. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
2. What is the real mission of Scoop? What do the scientist do when they find out?
3. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
4. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
5. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
6. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
7. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
8. The scientist are not bad men. It would be easy to see them that way. How does the narrator see them? Or the reader?
9. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
10. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
This section contains 1,532 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)