|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
(a) created acidosis, or excess acidity in the body
(b) made him a drug addict
(c) made him insane
(d) has aged him before his time
2. Why does an electron microscope work better than any other type of scope?
(a) it has a bigger lens
(b) it uses electric current across the lens
(c) it uses magnetic fields rather than light rays to view and enlarge objects
(d) it uses lasers to shine on the subject
3. Why isn't normal food available at the lab?
(a) it cost more than the nutrient drink
(b) there's too many people to figure out what to cook
(c) cooks aren't allowed on level 4 or 5
(d) it might provide a growth medium for bacteria
4. What do they put into the room with the satellite first?
(a) a white cat
(b) a brown dog
(c) a black Norway lab rat
(d) a pig
5. What does Stone do when they find the message?
(a) rips it up and throws it in the trash
(b) asks the others what they should do
(c) calls the president's advisor to try to talk him into initiating directive 7-12 immediately
(d) shruggs his shoulders and quotes politics
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the first test Burton does on the two dead lab animals?
2. What does the spectrometer show about the composition of the Andromeda strain?
3. What does the Wildfire group eat for breakfast?
4. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
5. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
2. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
3. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
4. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
5. What did Manchek find about the wreck of the plane?
6. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
7. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
8. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
9. In the conference room in Chapter 12, Dr. Stone talks about a man named Rudolph Karp. Who is Karp? Why does Stone discuss him?
10. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)