|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
(a) the mutated form of Andromeda is going to attack the glass
(b) Andromeda is attacking the computer
(c) the mutated form of Andromeda is only dangerous to rubber gaskets
(d) Andromeda doesn't want to be confined to the lab
2. What does Stone do when they find the message?
(a) calls the president's advisor to try to talk him into initiating directive 7-12 immediately
(b) asks the others what they should do
(c) rips it up and throws it in the trash
(d) shruggs his shoulders and quotes politics
3. What does Stone see when he turns on the scope?
(a) a densely packed blob with no real edges
(b) a long, stringy virus
(c) a perfect six-sided hexagon, interlocked with other equally perfect hexagons on each side
(d) a molecue in the shape of a triangle
4. How many ligamine darts hits Hall before he gets to level 4?
5. How is the center core protected, level to level?
(a) sensors track movement in the core, and shoot ligamine darts at any moving target
(b) with guard dogs
(c) with electrical shocks
(d) with laser beams
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Hall about the substations that will turn off a self-destruct?
2. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
3. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
4. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
5. Why does Stone feel they have plenty of time to solve the mystery of the satellite's contamination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
2. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
3. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
4. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
5. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
6. Why is Mark Hall's reaction to the female computer voice important?
7. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
8. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
9. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
10. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)