|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
(a) going up the outside of the lab
(b) going through the ventilation shafts
(c) taking an elevator to level 4
(d) climbing to another level through the central core
2. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
(a) that he was two months early
(b) that he was a twin, but the other one died
(c) that he was sick last week
(d) baby Jamie cries constantly
3. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
(a) the mutated form of Andromeda is going to attack the glass
(b) the mutated form of Andromeda is only dangerous to rubber gaskets
(c) Andromeda is attacking the computer
(d) Andromeda doesn't want to be confined to the lab
4. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
(a) they don't die when exposed to the disease
(b) they lay down and go to sleep
(c) the rats live longer, but still succumb to the disease
(d) they bleed out of their noses
5. If one cell of E. coli could produce a supercolony equal in size and weight to the planet, why doesn't that happen?
(a) food and oxygen run out
(b) it's too fragile
(c) there's too many antibiotics in the world
(d) nature made it so it stops at a certain size
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an electron microscope work better than any other type of scope?
2. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
3. What does Hall think made Jackson survive Andromeda?
4. What seems to produce the best growth in Andromeda?
5. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)