|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the center core protected?
(a) to prevent potentially contaminated lab animals from escaping
(b) so terrorist can't get through it
(c) to bar people from being in it
(d) so a large bacteria can't float through it
2. What does the team decide Hall has to find out?
(a) how to cure Jackson's ulcer
(b) why the infant cries all the time
(c) how fast he can get to each substation
(d) what the old man and the infant have in common which protected them both from death
3. What does Hall think about Burton's fear?
(a) The idea of being scared to death is somehow the answer
(b) that he's a whimp
(c) that the man shouldn't have gone into this kind of work
(d) that he'd be afraid too, in that position
4. For what reason do the men decide some of the Piedmont people seemed to have committed suicide?
(a) brain hemorrhages are capable of causing insanity as well as death
(b) they were too afraid to die of Andromeda
(c) Andromeda told them to do it
(d) they couldn't stand seeing all their family and friends dead
5. How will the scientist work on the satellite?
(a) with latex gloves on their hands
(b) behind an ultraviolet barrier
(c) metallic hands inside the sealed room
(d) with binoculars
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stone do when they find the message?
2. What does Stone see when he turns on the scope?
3. There is a lab rat in the room with Dr. Burton, what do Stone and Hall notice about it?
4. How many ligamine darts hits Hall before he gets to level 4?
5. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
2. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
3. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
4. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
5. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
6. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
7. Why is Mark Hall's reaction to the female computer voice important?
8. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
9. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
10. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)