|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Wildfire group eat for breakfast?
(a) eggs, toast and bacon
(b) a large pill which is all the nutrients they need
(c) a glass of dark brown juice, which tastes like orange juice
(d) oatmeal with honey
2. What does Hall do as he finishes turning his key in the level 4 substation?
(a) he jumps up and down and sings
(b) he slides down the wall unconscious
(c) he grabs a nurse and kisses her
(d) he calmly returns to level 5
3. What did Stone and Leavitt find in the satellite?
(b) a meteror rock with a green substance growing on it
(c) a message written in Greek
(d) a piece of a missle
4. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
(a) that pushing the red button calls him
(b) that he ought to take this project more seriously
(c) that tomorrow a male voice will waken him
(d) that he is late for breakfast
5. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
(a) they decide to evacuate
(b) they use caulk to seal off the areas
(c) the self-destruct sequence begins
(d) they focus ultrviolet lights on the doors
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the center core protected, level to level?
2. What is the The Messenger Theory?
3. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
4. What does Stone see when he turns on the scope?
5. What message have the men received without their knowledge, that they find by accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
2. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
3. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
4. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
5. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
6. Describe the crash scene of the military jet to which Major Manchek travels . What does it look like? What does he find?
7. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
8. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
9. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
10. What is the real mission of Scoop? What do the scientist do when they find out?
This section contains 1,515 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)