|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of waste products did Andromeda produce?
(a) starch, sugar and hydrogen
(b) amino acids
(c) carbon and water
(d) it doesn't produce any
2. What does Burton's tests determine about the dead bodies?
(a) they are disintegrating quickly
(b) they're not contagious, only the air surrounding them transmits the disease
(c) the disease stays on the dead body, still contagious
(d) the disease leaves after the body dies
3. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
(a) baby Jamie cries constantly
(b) that he was sick last week
(c) that he was two months early
(d) that he was a twin, but the other one died
4. What happens to the rat when deposited near the satellite?
(a) it is dead within seconds
(b) it runs around looking for food
(c) it lays down and goes to sleep
(d) it becomes paralyzed
5. Where are the laboratories and equipment rooms that they will be using on level 5?
(a) sealed away inside the central core
(b) along the perimeter of the cone
(c) in the north section of the level
(d) anywhere there was room to put them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the team decide Hall has to find out?
2. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
3. Why isn't normal food available at the lab?
4. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
5. What do they do when they realize a nuclear detonation in Piedmont will provide Andromeda with a limitless supply of energy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Manchek find about the wreck of the plane?
2. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
3. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
4. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
5. Why is Mark Hall's reaction to the female computer voice important?
6. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
7. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
8. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
9. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
10. What is the real mission of Scoop? What do the scientist do when they find out?
This section contains 1,396 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)