|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While dealing with Burton, Hall and Stone hear another emergency announcement by the computer. It is:
(a) Andromeda is now in level 1
(b) a nuclear bomb was dropped on Piedmont
(c) Leavitt is having another seizure
(d) The gasket seals in three other sections have failed
2. How is the center core protected, level to level?
(a) with electrical shocks
(b) with laser beams
(c) sensors track movement in the core, and shoot ligamine darts at any moving target
(d) with guard dogs
3. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
(a) a human body cell
(b) a virus
(c) like a highly efficient atomic reactor
(d) a generator
4. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
(a) Mark Hall
(b) Dr. Leavitt
(c) Dr. Burton
(d) Dr. Stone
5. What message have the men received without their knowledge, that they find by accident?
(a) that another sattellite has come down to earth
(b) the notification about the President's decision to delay directive 7-12
(c) that Dr. Leavitt's wife is in the hospital
(d) that the plaque has spread to Texas
Short Answer Questions
1. On what former scientific belief did Leavitt base his rule of 48?
2. What does Stone do when they find the message?
3. When Hall realizes the reason for Jackson's and the baby's survival what does he do?
4. How did the men feel about finding a solution to Andromeda?
5. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
2. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
3. Describe the crash scene of the military jet to which Major Manchek travels . What does it look like? What does he find?
4. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
5. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
6. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
7. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
8. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
9. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
10. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)