|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
(a) he doesn't talk to him
(b) tells him he doesn't need a doctor
(c) tells him the baby's mother's name
(d) tells him to go away
2. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
(a) they don't die when exposed to the disease
(b) they bleed out of their noses
(c) they lay down and go to sleep
(d) the rats live longer, but still succumb to the disease
3. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
(a) Mark Hall
(b) Dr. Stone
(c) Dr. Burton
(d) Dr. Leavitt
4. In communications, why does Captain Morris check for computer malfunctions?
(a) he's suspicious, because the bell has not rung for some time to signal an incoming communication
(b) he thought he heard the bell ring
(c) he's just doing his job
(d) it's time for him to go off shift
5. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
(a) it was at the end of its allocated usefulness
(b) the satellite hit something in its path
(c) the Russians shot it down
(d) its batteries ran out
Short Answer Questions
1. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
2. Too whom does the female voice on the intercom belong?
3. What is the The Messenger Theory?
4. What seems to produce the best growth in Andromeda?
5. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Manchek find about the wreck of the plane?
2. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
3. Describe the study Leavitt uses as the basis for his rule of 48.
4. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
5. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
6. Why is Mark Hall's reaction to the female computer voice important?
7. Describe the crash scene of the military jet to which Major Manchek travels . What does it look like? What does he find?
8. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
9. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
10. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
This section contains 1,385 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)