|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
(a) Andromeda attacks the blood vessel walls directly
(b) Andromeda burrows in the blood vessels
(c) Andromeda strengthens blood vessels
(d) Andromeda doesn't live well in blood vessels
2. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
(a) Mark Hall
(b) Dr. Burton
(c) Dr. Stone
(d) Dr. Leavitt
3. Why does an electron microscope work better than any other type of scope?
(a) it uses electric current across the lens
(b) it has a bigger lens
(c) it uses magnetic fields rather than light rays to view and enlarge objects
(d) it uses lasers to shine on the subject
4. What bothers Hall about the substations that will turn off a self-destruct?
(a) they're painted red
(b) it takes too much time to insert the key
(c) they're spaced too close together
(d) that he could be sealed off in a section without a substation
5. What message have the men received without their knowledge, that they find by accident?
(a) the notification about the President's decision to delay directive 7-12
(b) that the plaque has spread to Texas
(c) that another sattellite has come down to earth
(d) that Dr. Leavitt's wife is in the hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stone do to help Burton in the autopsy room when he's been exposed to Andromeda?
2. How will the scientist work on the satellite?
3. In communications, why does Captain Morris check for computer malfunctions?
4. What seems to produce the best growth in Andromeda?
5. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hall realize about Andromeda when thinking about Jackson's acidosis?
2. Describe Dr. Hall's first meeting with Peter Jackson. What does Jackson look like? What does Hall do?
3. After knowing about the baby's blood pH and Jackson's blood pH, what does Hall figure out?
4. What is the real mission of Scoop? What do the scientist do when they find out?
5. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
6. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
7. How did the Scoop satellite end up on earth? What do the scientist think?
8. What did Manchek find about the wreck of the plane?
9. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
10. What do you think Montaigne meant by the quote "Men under stress are fools, and fool themselves." in relationship to the behavior of the men at Wildfire?
This section contains 1,482 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)