|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
(a) no activity in the town
(b) a big town party in the center of town
(c) a pack of dogs are barking at a door
(d) all the houses are lit up
2. Who is walking among the bodies?
(a) a couple of house cats
(b) the town doctor
(c) several dogs pulling on the clothes
(d) an old man in a white robe
3. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
(b) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
(c) crisis always have a beginning and end
(d) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
4. What does Dr. Hall think about the Wildfire project?
(a) it is a stupid waste of money
(b) that the government is totally paronoid
(c) he believed the whole project was theoretical and never expected to actually be called
(d) that the government can't do anything right, including Wildfire
5. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
(a) a thousand ultraviolet lights
(b) a limited thermo-nuclear strike to sanitize the area
(c) the National Guard
(d) a load of pesticides to spray on Piedmont
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
2. What is Manchek asked to do when he calls to alert Wildfire?
3. What does Dr. Hall notice about Dr. Leavitt as they get in the sedan that was sent for them?
4. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
5. What does the narrator say about the men of Wildfire that will affect the outcome of the work?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, the narrator discusses the nature of crisis from a historical perspective. What does he have to say about the nature of crisis?
2. What are Hall's last thoughts as he is shutting down the self-destruct?
3. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
4. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
5. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
6. Write about the men of Wildfire and their motivations for finding the cure for Wildfire.
7. What kind of ominous hint does the author leave with the reader?
8. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
9. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
10. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
This section contains 1,562 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)