|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is walking among the bodies?
(a) an old man in a white robe
(b) several dogs pulling on the clothes
(c) a couple of house cats
(d) the town doctor
2. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
(b) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
(c) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
(d) crisis always have a beginning and end
3. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
(a) that he will be gone for an indefinite number of weeks
(b) that it's an emergency epidemic and to pack her bag
(c) that he'd see her tomorrow
(d) that there must be some mistake, he'll go clear it up
4. On Jagger's film, one of the white images is in motion. What does that mean?
(a) the camera moved when it shot the picture
(b) there is a survivor
(c) the pilot went too fast when he shot the film
(d) there is a very large buzzard flying at almost ground level
5. What does Dr. Hall think about the Wildfire project?
(a) that the government is totally paronoid
(b) he believed the whole project was theoretical and never expected to actually be called
(c) it is a stupid waste of money
(d) that the government can't do anything right, including Wildfire
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
2. What does Project Wildfire do?
3. What does the narrator say the nature of all national crises prior to the scientific boom was?
4. What do they see in the sky over Piedmont?
5. What does Lt. Comroe at mission control do when told about the bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the narration, the characters and the plot thus revealed that makes you want to read further?
2. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
3. In Chapter 3, the narrator discusses the nature of crisis from a historical perspective. What does he have to say about the nature of crisis?
4. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
5. Describe the chain of events, in Stone's mind that has lead up to project Wildfire.
6. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
7. Why does Stone believe the Wildfire lab has "the capability to deal with an unknown biologic agent."?
8. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
9. Write about the narrator. What is his purpose? How is his purpose carried out?
10. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
This section contains 1,621 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)