|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
(a) it is not under the control of Congress
(b) it has brought back other samples of alien life
(c) that a friend of his died from an alien virus a different Scoop brought back
(d) it's an attempt to engage in germ warfare by the U.S. military
2. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
(a) studying the effects of bacteria on human tissues
(b) he's an expert on zero gravity effect on growth of plants
(c) he studies the effects of sunlight on viruses
(d) he experiments with human DNA
3. What does Dr. Hall notice about Dr. Leavitt as they get in the sedan that was sent for them?
(a) he looks a lot younger than his age
(b) he's limping on his right leg
(c) his hair has thinned on top
(d) Leavitt turns his head away from the flashing lights on top of the sedan.
4. What does Lt. Comroe at mission control do when told about the bodies?
(a) calls his sister and tells her to get out of Arizona
(c) starts to shake and runs out of the room
(d) calls for a security lock down
5. What does Samuel "Gunner" Wilson, pilot of the Scavenger plane see as he flies over Piedmont?
(a) a line of bodies stretched out below him in the center of Piedmont.
(b) an old Ford with its lights flashing
(c) he doesn't see anything, it's too dark
(d) the white robed man jumping up and down and waving
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
2. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
3. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
4. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
5. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens at Dr. Stone's house when he's called for Wildfire.
2. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
3. The scientist are not bad men. It would be easy to see them that way. How does the narrator see them? Or the reader?
4. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
5. What is it about the narration, the characters and the plot thus revealed that makes you want to read further?
6. What did Manchek find about the wreck of the plane?
7. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
8. What do you think Dr. Stone represents in this book?
9. In the conference room in Chapter 12, Dr. Stone talks about a man named Rudolph Karp. Who is Karp? Why does Stone discuss him?
10. What does Stone tell Hall as they discuss how many seconds was left on the self-destruct?
This section contains 1,486 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)