|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caper One?
(a) the name of Lt. Shawn's german shepard
(b) the name of Lt. Shawn's mission
(c) the name of the Scoop satellite's mission
(d) a set-up to catch a drug dealer
2. When the communication specialist checks the equipment, what does he find?
(a) he's sees a computer monitor that is turned off
(b) there's paper stopping the bell from ringing
(c) the communications computer appears to be functioning perfectly
(d) there's something wrong with the communication system
3. What does Project Wildfire do?
(a) investigates forest fires in America
(b) investigates NASA projects
(c) investigates any epidepic of Asian origin
(d) investigates possible extraterrestrial life forms introduced to earth by returning spacecraft.
4. What does Lt. Shawn do as he approaches Piedmont?
(a) stops and tells Private Crane to get out and wait for him on the hill
(b) pulls on a biological agent suit
(c) leaves his radio on after calling in
(d) turns off his headlights so no one can see him
5. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
(a) it has brought back other samples of alien life
(b) it's an attempt to engage in germ warfare by the U.S. military
(c) that a friend of his died from an alien virus a different Scoop brought back
(d) it is not under the control of Congress
Short Answer Questions
1. What spurred significant advances in biological science?
2. When they arrive at Piedmont, what do Burton and Stone do first?
3. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
4. On the way to Wildfire, what does Dr. Leavitt tell Dr. Hall to do?
5. Who do they find alive in the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Odd Man Hypothesis. Do you think it's a good idea?
2. Already, by chapter 4, the reader can tell this is a technical narrative. How does the author handle the technology?
3. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
4. Describe Dr. Burton as he rides in the helicopter with Dr. Stone going to Piedmont. Tell a little of his background in science.
5. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
6. Why does Stone believe the Wildfire lab has "the capability to deal with an unknown biologic agent."?
7. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
8. Write about the procedure the three planes used to look at and take pictures of Piedmont and the capability of the scavenger spy plane.
9. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
10. In Chapter 3, the narrator discusses the nature of crisis from a historical perspective. What does he have to say about the nature of crisis?
This section contains 1,655 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)