|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
(a) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the FBI
(b) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the fire department
(c) IN CASE OF FIRE -- Notify Division 87 -- Emergencies Only
(d) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify SECURITY OFFICER 37
2. Who is Major Arthur Manchek?
(a) Chief Duty Officer and man in charge of all Scoop Project activities
(b) the air force officer who flew a jet over Piedmont
(c) advisor to the president on the Scoop project
(d) the man who came up with the Wildfire idea
3. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
(a) Crane calling out in a high-pitched scream
(b) someone pounding on Lt. Shawn's van door
(c) two dogs barking and growling at each other
(d) the man in the white robe talking to Shawn
4. What does Lt. Comroe at mission control do when told about the bodies?
(a) calls for a security lock down
(c) calls his sister and tells her to get out of Arizona
(d) starts to shake and runs out of the room
5. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
(a) the discovery of the atom
(b) the invasion of aliens
(c) the discovery of an alien space ship
(d) the advent of modern science
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
2. What is Project Wildfire?
3. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
4. What is Caper One?
5. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the protocols Leavitt personally put into place for Wildfire?
2. Describe Major Arthur Manchek.
3. What is it about the narration, the characters and the plot thus revealed that makes you want to read further?
4. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
5. What decontamination processes do the men go through on Level 2, 3 and 4?
6. Write about the narrator. What is his purpose? How is his purpose carried out?
7. Describe Dr. Burton as he rides in the helicopter with Dr. Stone going to Piedmont. Tell a little of his background in science.
8. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
9. Why does Stone believe the Wildfire lab has "the capability to deal with an unknown biologic agent."?
10. The author states his theme that crises are made up of human personalities. How does he introduce his characters?
This section contains 1,450 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)