|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burton appear to Stone?
(a) a sharp dresser and compulsive individual
(b) an absent-minded professor with sloppy clothes and untidy hair
(c) a monk in brown robes
(d) a young football player
2. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
(a) they're supposed to destroy it
(b) it is their mission to recover it
(c) they want to sell it to another country
(d) they're curious about what it looks like
3. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
(a) about what to do in a state of emergency
(b) about the briefing on how to call the President
(c) the briefing about space travel
(d) the briefing he received on Project Wildfire
4. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
(a) because they needed one scientist who wasn't married
(b) because he had a great personality
(c) officials who believe in The Odd Man Hypothesis wanted him
(d) because they needed one medical doctor
5. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
(a) the discovery of the atom
(b) the discovery of an alien space ship
(c) the invasion of aliens
(d) the advent of modern science
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
2. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
3. What did Merrick theorize?
4. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
5. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
2. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
3. Write about the first pages of the book and what the author does to grab the reader's attention.
4. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
5. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
6. What are the protocols Leavitt personally put into place for Wildfire?
7. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
8. Write about the narrator. What is his purpose? How is his purpose carried out?
9. Describe what happens at Dr. Stone's house when he's called for Wildfire.
10. The author states his theme that crises are made up of human personalities. How does he introduce his characters?
This section contains 1,452 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)