|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
(a) a couple of bears
(b) his brother's backyard
(c) the town of Piedmont, Arizona
(d) two purple vans with peace symbols
2. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
(a) meets his wife for breakfast
(b) takes his dog for a walk
(c) goes to bed
(d) decides to call for a state of emergency
3. Who is in the van with Lt. Shawn?
(a) Private Lewis Crane
(b) his dog, a german shepard
(c) no one, he's alone
(d) his brother and nephew
4. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
(a) the discovery of the atom
(b) the advent of modern science
(c) the discovery of an alien space ship
(d) the invasion of aliens
5. Who do they find alive in the town?
(a) a German shepard and a canary
(b) the man in a white robe and a crying infant
(c) no one
(d) two children hiding under a porch
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Project Wildfire do?
2. What does Dr. Hall think about the Wildfire project?
3. How does Burton appear to Stone?
4. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
5. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the chain of events, in Stone's mind that has lead up to project Wildfire.
2. Write about some of the mistakes the scientists made when dealing with Andromeda.
3. The scientist are not bad men. It would be easy to see them that way. How does the narrator see them? Or the reader?
4. Describe the first exploration of the satellite. What did the men do? What did they find?
5. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
6. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
7. How does Hall finally find out about Leavitt's epilepsy and what does he do about it?
8. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
9. What are Hall's last thoughts as he is shutting down the self-destruct?
10. How did Andromeda infect the town of Piedmont?
This section contains 1,636 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)