Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
(a) he orders it to be done as soon as Stone is out of Piedmont
(b) he doesn't know what directive 7-12 is
(c) decides to postpone Manchek's request for forty-eight hours
(d) calls for a TNT strike instead
2. What is Project Wildfire?
(a) a program they taught in scool
(b) a think tank of politicians
(c) a project to reforest burnt land
(d) a high-tech laboratory, plus a team of scientists
3. How does Burton appear to Stone?
(a) a monk in brown robes
(b) a young football player
(c) an absent-minded professor with sloppy clothes and untidy hair
(d) a sharp dresser and compulsive individual
4. What is Caper One?
(a) the name of Lt. Shawn's german shepard
(b) the name of the Scoop satellite's mission
(c) the name of Lt. Shawn's mission
(d) a set-up to catch a drug dealer
5. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
(a) that it's an emergency epidemic and to pack her bag
(b) that there must be some mistake, he'll go clear it up
(c) that he will be gone for an indefinite number of weeks
(d) that he'd see her tomorrow
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mission Control for Project Scoop located?
2. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
3. Who do they find alive in the town?
4. What does the narrator say about the men of Wildfire that will affect the outcome of the work?
5. What does Lt. Shawn do as he approaches Piedmont?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
2. What do the x-ray crystallography results show about Andromeda?
3. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
4. What do you think Dr. Stone represents in this book?
5. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
6. Leavitt has a dream about a house. When he wakens he believes it has an answer to Andromeda. Describe the dream and his thoughts and reactions to the dream.
7. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
8. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
9. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
10. What does Stone tell Hall as they discuss how many seconds was left on the self-destruct?
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)