|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
(a) to make sure no unauthorized person enters
(b) to take messages from the men's families
(c) to hit the emergency button if a virus gets out
(d) to monitor all incoming communications and inform the Wildfire team of any important developments
2. How does Burton appear to Stone?
(a) a young football player
(b) a monk in brown robes
(c) a sharp dresser and compulsive individual
(d) an absent-minded professor with sloppy clothes and untidy hair
3. Who is Major Arthur Manchek?
(a) the man who came up with the Wildfire idea
(b) Chief Duty Officer and man in charge of all Scoop Project activities
(c) advisor to the president on the Scoop project
(d) the air force officer who flew a jet over Piedmont
4. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
(a) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the fire department
(b) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the FBI
(c) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify SECURITY OFFICER 37
(d) IN CASE OF FIRE -- Notify Division 87 -- Emergencies Only
5. What does Stone say the government should do about the possibility of alien bacteria?
(a) they should offer a grant to Stone to look at the question
(b) the government should construct a laboratory equipped to handle dangerous alien bacteria
(c) they shouldn't do anything unless it happens
(d) they should sit up a comittee and study the question
Short Answer Questions
1. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
2. What does Lt. Comroe at mission control do when told about the bodies?
3. What did English biophysicist, J.J. Merrick, discuss at a biological symposium?
4. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
5. What does Hall do about his appointment to Wildfire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
2. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
3. Describe Major Arthur Manchek.
4. Describe the chain of events, in Stone's mind that has lead up to project Wildfire.
5. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
6. The author states his theme that crises are made up of human personalities. How does he introduce his characters?
7. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
8. Write about the procedure the three planes used to look at and take pictures of Piedmont and the capability of the scavenger spy plane.
9. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
10. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 1,587 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)