|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
(a) it doesn't seem to affect dogs
(b) it is passed by contact with an infected individual
(c) the agent must have transmitted itself through the air
(d) it works very slowly
2. What is Manchek asked to do when he calls to alert Wildfire?
(a) to destroy all evidence
(b) to write up a report of the incident
(c) to meet with the scientists
(d) nothing, activating Wildfire is completely automated
3. What does Project Wildfire do?
(a) investigates forest fires in America
(b) investigates possible extraterrestrial life forms introduced to earth by returning spacecraft.
(c) investigates any epidepic of Asian origin
(d) investigates NASA projects
4. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
(a) a pack of dogs are barking at a door
(b) no activity in the town
(c) all the houses are lit up
(d) a big town party in the center of town
5. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
(a) it is their mission to recover it
(b) they're supposed to destroy it
(c) they're curious about what it looks like
(d) they want to sell it to another country
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
2. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
3. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
4. What does Hall do about his appointment to Wildfire?
5. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
2. Describe Dr. Burton as he rides in the helicopter with Dr. Stone going to Piedmont. Tell a little of his background in science.
3. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
4. Write about the procedure the three planes used to look at and take pictures of Piedmont and the capability of the scavenger spy plane.
5. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
6. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
7. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
8. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
9. Describe the Odd Man Hypothesis. Do you think it's a good idea?
10. In Chapter 3, the narrator discusses the nature of crisis from a historical perspective. What does he have to say about the nature of crisis?
This section contains 1,481 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)