|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
(a) studying the effects of bacteria on human tissues
(b) he's an expert on zero gravity effect on growth of plants
(c) he studies the effects of sunlight on viruses
(d) he experiments with human DNA
2. What does the narrator say about the men of Wildfire that will affect the outcome of the work?
(a) the men are actually aliens wanting to harm the world
(b) the men are only looking after their own interest
(c) the men have some fatal flaws, which will escalate the crisis
(d) the men don't really know what to do
3. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
(a) that it has fifteen rooms on each floor
(b) the facility is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device
(c) that it was made to look like a little town
(d) that it's located in a mountain near Denver
4. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
(a) it doesn't seem to affect dogs
(b) it is passed by contact with an infected individual
(c) it works very slowly
(d) the agent must have transmitted itself through the air
5. What does the Department of Defense do about Stone's proposal?
(a) tells Stone he'll have to join the military to do anything
(b) refuses to help
(c) allocates $22 million for construction of a special, isolated laboratory
(d) says the military can take care of any aliens
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
2. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
3. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
4. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
5. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the narration, the characters and the plot thus revealed that makes you want to read further?
2. Describe the chain of events, in Stone's mind that has lead up to project Wildfire.
3. Write about the narrator. What is his purpose? How is his purpose carried out?
4. What decontamination processes do the men go through on Level 2, 3 and 4?
5. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
6. Write about the first pages of the book and what the author does to grab the reader's attention.
7. Describe Dr. Burton as he rides in the helicopter with Dr. Stone going to Piedmont. Tell a little of his background in science.
8. Describe what happens at Dr. Stone's house when he's called for Wildfire.
9. Describe the Odd Man Hypothesis. Do you think it's a good idea?
10. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
This section contains 1,726 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)