|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lt. Shawn do as he approaches Piedmont?
(a) leaves his radio on after calling in
(b) turns off his headlights so no one can see him
(c) pulls on a biological agent suit
(d) stops and tells Private Crane to get out and wait for him on the hill
2. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
(a) about what to do in a state of emergency
(b) about the briefing on how to call the President
(c) the briefing he received on Project Wildfire
(d) the briefing about space travel
3. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
(a) a telephone to call other scientist
(b) a handgun
(c) a file on the crisis
(d) a file on Wildfire
4. On Jagger's film, one of the white images is in motion. What does that mean?
(a) there is a survivor
(b) the pilot went too fast when he shot the film
(c) there is a very large buzzard flying at almost ground level
(d) the camera moved when it shot the picture
5. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
(a) because he had a great personality
(b) because they needed one scientist who wasn't married
(c) officials who believe in The Odd Man Hypothesis wanted him
(d) because they needed one medical doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dr. Stone hears of Merrick's theory what does he do?
2. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
3. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
4. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
5. What does Dr. Hall think about the Wildfire project?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the chain of events, in Stone's mind that has lead up to project Wildfire.
2. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
3. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
4. Write about the narrator. What is his purpose? How is his purpose carried out?
5. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
6. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
7. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
8. What are the protocols Leavitt personally put into place for Wildfire?
9. Write about the first pages of the book and what the author does to grab the reader's attention.
10. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
This section contains 1,537 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)