|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they see in the sky over Piedmont?
(a) a radio blaring rock music
(b) two cats fighting on a fence
(c) large black birds flying in a circular pattern
(d) a couple of teenagers breaking into a store
2. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
(a) officials who believe in The Odd Man Hypothesis wanted him
(b) because they needed one scientist who wasn't married
(c) because he had a great personality
(d) because they needed one medical doctor
3. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
(a) forty-seven of the bodies are definitely dead
(b) Crane and Shawn might still be alive
(c) it's quite cold in Piedmont right now
(d) it's very hot in Piedmont right now
4. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
(a) that he will be gone for an indefinite number of weeks
(b) that it's an emergency epidemic and to pack her bag
(c) that he'd see her tomorrow
(d) that there must be some mistake, he'll go clear it up
5. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
(a) it doesn't seem to affect dogs
(b) it is passed by contact with an infected individual
(c) the agent must have transmitted itself through the air
(d) it works very slowly
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do they find alive in the town?
2. What does Lt. Comroe at mission control do when told about the bodies?
3. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
4. On Jagger's film, one of the white images is in motion. What does that mean?
5. On the way to Wildfire, what does Dr. Leavitt tell Dr. Hall to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is uncontrolled bacterial growth is a frightening concept?
2. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
3. As Stone and Hall figure out the Ph situation, the warning bells go off. Why?
4. When Hall realizes why Jackson is alive, what does he figure out about the baby?
5. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
6. What kinds of animals are used in research? What do various animals do best? Why is the Black Norway Rat used most often in scientific experiments?
7. Describe the Odd Man Hypothesis. Do you think it's a good idea?
8. When he knows about Andromeda's weakness what action does Hall take with Dr. Burton in the biopsy lab?
9. Write about the procedure the three planes used to look at and take pictures of Piedmont and the capability of the scavenger spy plane.
10. Describe the crash scene of the military jet to which Major Manchek travels . What does it look like? What does he find?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)