|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
(a) Dr. Steven Levine
(b) Dr. Charles Burton, professor at Baylor Medical School
(c) Dr. Byon Shelby
(d) Dr. Kathleen Coller
2. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
(a) they're curious about what it looks like
(b) it is their mission to recover it
(c) they're supposed to destroy it
(d) they want to sell it to another country
3. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
(a) it's quite cold in Piedmont right now
(b) it's very hot in Piedmont right now
(c) forty-seven of the bodies are definitely dead
(d) Crane and Shawn might still be alive
4. On the way to Wildfire, what does Dr. Leavitt tell Dr. Hall to do?
(a) call his mother and tell her where he is
(b) make out his will
(c) take Leavitt's blood pressure
(d) to read the project file before arriving at Wildfire
5. What does Stone say the government should do about the possibility of alien bacteria?
(a) they should offer a grant to Stone to look at the question
(b) they should sit up a comittee and study the question
(c) they shouldn't do anything unless it happens
(d) the government should construct a laboratory equipped to handle dangerous alien bacteria
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
2. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
3. What is Project Wildfire?
4. What is Caper One?
5. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
2. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
3. What decontamination processes do the men go through on Level 2, 3 and 4?
4. Write about the narrator. What is his purpose? How is his purpose carried out?
5. Describe the Odd Man Hypothesis. Do you think it's a good idea?
6. Describe what happens at Dr. Stone's house when he's called for Wildfire.
7. On level 1 what does Stone tell the men when he briefs them about the Wildfire lab?
8. Why does Stone believe the Wildfire lab has "the capability to deal with an unknown biologic agent."?
9. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
10. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 1,422 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)