|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caper One?
(a) the name of Lt. Shawn's mission
(b) a set-up to catch a drug dealer
(c) the name of the Scoop satellite's mission
(d) the name of Lt. Shawn's german shepard
2. What does Hall do about his appointment to Wildfire?
(a) he asks for all the information so he can keep abreast of new developments
(b) he demands more money than the government is offering
(c) he demands to appoint a friend of his to the project
(d) nothing, he has never taken his commitment to Wildfire seriously
3. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
(a) decides to postpone Manchek's request for forty-eight hours
(b) he doesn't know what directive 7-12 is
(c) he orders it to be done as soon as Stone is out of Piedmont
(d) calls for a TNT strike instead
4. What does Dr. Hall notice about Dr. Leavitt as they get in the sedan that was sent for them?
(a) he's limping on his right leg
(b) Leavitt turns his head away from the flashing lights on top of the sedan.
(c) he looks a lot younger than his age
(d) his hair has thinned on top
5. What does Stone find out about project Scoop on the way to the Wildfire lab?
(a) it was designed to obtain samples of alien bacterial life in space
(b) that NASA doesn't know about it
(c) that the Scoop satellite in Piedmont is the first one sent up
(d) that a civilian billionaire is paying for it
Short Answer Questions
1. When they arrive at Piedmont, what do Burton and Stone do first?
2. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
3. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
4. What is Manchek asked to do when he calls to alert Wildfire?
5. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
2. Explain why the government agreed to extend funds and build Wildfire?
3. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
4. Describe Major Arthur Manchek.
5. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
6. In Chapter 3, the narrator discusses the nature of crisis from a historical perspective. What does he have to say about the nature of crisis?
7. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
8. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
9. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
10. What are the protocols Leavitt personally put into place for Wildfire?
This section contains 1,567 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)