|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
(a) in a pentagon, like the one in Washington
(b) as a skyscraper
(c) it looks like a large ranch
(d) five underground levels connected by a central core
2. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
(a) meets his wife for breakfast
(b) goes to bed
(c) decides to call for a state of emergency
(d) takes his dog for a walk
3. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
(a) it's very hot in Piedmont right now
(b) it's quite cold in Piedmont right now
(c) forty-seven of the bodies are definitely dead
(d) Crane and Shawn might still be alive
4. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
(a) because they needed one scientist who wasn't married
(b) officials who believe in The Odd Man Hypothesis wanted him
(c) because he had a great personality
(d) because they needed one medical doctor
5. What does Project Wildfire do?
(a) investigates NASA projects
(b) investigates possible extraterrestrial life forms introduced to earth by returning spacecraft.
(c) investigates forest fires in America
(d) investigates any epidepic of Asian origin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caper One?
2. What does Lt. Comroe at mission control do when told about the bodies?
3. What does Lt. Shawn do as he approaches Piedmont?
4. What spurred significant advances in biological science?
5. What is Dr. Stone doing when the military shows up at his door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
2. What are the protocols Leavitt personally put into place for Wildfire?
3. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
4. Already, by chapter 4, the reader can tell this is a technical narrative. How does the author handle the technology?
5. Write about the first pages of the book and what the author does to grab the reader's attention.
6. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
7. Describe what the Wildfire lab looks like on first approach.
8. In Chapter 3, the narrator discusses the nature of crisis from a historical perspective. What does he have to say about the nature of crisis?
9. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
10. What decontamination processes do the men go through on Level 2, 3 and 4?
This section contains 1,836 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)