|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
(a) no activity in the town
(b) a big town party in the center of town
(c) all the houses are lit up
(d) a pack of dogs are barking at a door
2. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
(a) it has brought back other samples of alien life
(b) it is not under the control of Congress
(c) that a friend of his died from an alien virus a different Scoop brought back
(d) it's an attempt to engage in germ warfare by the U.S. military
3. What does the narrator say about the men of Wildfire that will affect the outcome of the work?
(a) the men don't really know what to do
(b) the men are only looking after their own interest
(c) the men have some fatal flaws, which will escalate the crisis
(d) the men are actually aliens wanting to harm the world
4. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
(a) about what to do in a state of emergency
(b) the briefing he received on Project Wildfire
(c) about the briefing on how to call the President
(d) the briefing about space travel
5. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
(a) hesitates before making his next move
(b) calls out the National Guard
(c) calls the President of the United States
(d) takes a helicopter to Piedmont
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
2. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
3. On the way to Wildfire, what does Dr. Leavitt tell Dr. Hall to do?
4. Who is Major Arthur Manchek?
5. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
Short Essay Questions
1. Already, by chapter 4, the reader can tell this is a technical narrative. How does the author handle the technology?
2. What were the two things Stone and Burton knew when they landed in Piedmont?
3. What is Jagger's job and what does he say about the reconnoiter photos and what they show.
4. What is it about the narration, the characters and the plot thus revealed that makes you want to read further?
5. How is Wildfire put into action by Manchek's phone call?
6. What does Manchek do after reviewing the intelligence with Jagger?
7. Describe what happens at Dr. Stone's house when he's called for Wildfire.
8. Write about the procedure the three planes used to look at and take pictures of Piedmont and the capability of the scavenger spy plane.
9. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
10. Write about the first pages of the book and what the author does to grab the reader's attention.
This section contains 1,776 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)