|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
(a) they ignore it as being irrelevant
(b) they have an hour discussion about what might have happened
(c) they immediately download the information
(d) they send flowers to the pilot's wife
2. What is Leavitt's rule of "48"?
(a) all scientists are blind
(b) there's 48 ways to do anything
(c) there's 48 types of mistakes in any problem
(d) all scientists are obsessed with their work
3. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
(a) the rats live longer, but still succumb to the disease
(b) they lay down and go to sleep
(c) they bleed out of their noses
(d) they don't die when exposed to the disease
4. What does Stone do to help Burton in the autopsy room when he's been exposed to Andromeda?
(a) pumping oxygen into the room to inhibit the spread of Andromeda
(b) spraying the room with bleach
(c) coating the walls with antibiotics
(d) nothing, he doesn't know what to do
5. When a training pilot crashes after flying above the Piedmont area, what do they find at the plane?
(a) all the new plastic polymer that replaced rubber in the plane has dissolved
(b) the pilot was too young to be flying
(c) the instrument panel was gone
(d) the pilot had left a note to his wife
6. When Burton is still alive, but breathing fast from fear what does Hall do?
(a) he leaves to go check on Leavitt
(b) Hall returns to his lab and stares at Peter Jackson through the glass
(c) he tells Stone he's going to the men's room
(d) he relaxes a moment and sits down
7. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
(a) they focus ultrviolet lights on the doors
(b) the self-destruct sequence begins
(c) they decide to evacuate
(d) they use caulk to seal off the areas
8. How is the center core protected, level to level?
(a) with guard dogs
(b) sensors track movement in the core, and shoot ligamine darts at any moving target
(c) with laser beams
(d) with electrical shocks
9. What does Hall race back to the autopsy room to stop?
(a) Burton from dying
(b) Leavitt from having another seizure
(c) the pumping of oxygen into the room
(d) Stone from opening the door of the autopsy room
10. What does Stone do when they find the message?
(a) shruggs his shoulders and quotes politics
(b) asks the others what they should do
(c) calls the president's advisor to try to talk him into initiating directive 7-12 immediately
(d) rips it up and throws it in the trash
11. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
(a) Andromeda strengthens blood vessels
(b) Andromeda attacks the blood vessel walls directly
(c) Andromeda burrows in the blood vessels
(d) Andromeda doesn't live well in blood vessels
12. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
(a) it was at the end of its allocated usefulness
(b) the Russians shot it down
(c) the satellite hit something in its path
(d) its batteries ran out
13. What did Stone and Leavitt find in the satellite?
(b) a meteror rock with a green substance growing on it
(c) a piece of a missle
(d) a message written in Greek
14. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
(a) Dr. Stone
(b) Dr. Leavitt
(c) Mark Hall
(d) Dr. Burton
15. What does Hall do at the computer when he is in the room with his patients?
(a) uses it to order fifteen to twenty lab tests for the patients
(b) plays a card game
(c) sets up a way to get real food
(d) tells it to give the patients a flu vaccination
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the laboratories and equipment rooms that they will be using on level 5?
2. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
3. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
4. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
5. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)