|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message have the men received without their knowledge, that they find by accident?
(a) the notification about the President's decision to delay directive 7-12
(b) that another sattellite has come down to earth
(c) that the plaque has spread to Texas
(d) that Dr. Leavitt's wife is in the hospital
2. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
(a) Andromeda burrows in the blood vessels
(b) Andromeda doesn't live well in blood vessels
(c) Andromeda attacks the blood vessel walls directly
(d) Andromeda strengthens blood vessels
3. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
(a) Dr. Burton
(b) Dr. Stone
(c) Dr. Leavitt
(d) Mark Hall
4. In communications, why does Captain Morris check for computer malfunctions?
(a) he's just doing his job
(b) he's suspicious, because the bell has not rung for some time to signal an incoming communication
(c) it's time for him to go off shift
(d) he thought he heard the bell ring
5. When Hall realizes the reason for Jackson's and the baby's survival what does he do?
(a) races to the autopsy lab to strut it out in front of Stone
(b) asks the computer to report Andromeda growth results based on pH levels
(c) jumps up and down pumping his fist
(d) brags to his assistant, Karen
6. How many ligamine darts hits Hall before he gets to level 4?
7. What happens to the rat when deposited near the satellite?
(a) it runs around looking for food
(b) it lays down and goes to sleep
(c) it becomes paralyzed
(d) it is dead within seconds
8. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
(a) that tomorrow a male voice will waken him
(b) that pushing the red button calls him
(c) that he is late for breakfast
(d) that he ought to take this project more seriously
9. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
(a) they're under extreme pressure
(b) they're happy
(c) they're relieved
(d) they are confident
10. Why does an electron microscope work better than any other type of scope?
(a) it uses electric current across the lens
(b) it uses magnetic fields rather than light rays to view and enlarge objects
(c) it has a bigger lens
(d) it uses lasers to shine on the subject
11. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
(a) he drinks maalox
(b) he takes nearly a bottle of aspirin a day and sips from a can of Sterno
(c) he doesn't do anything
(d) he eats a gallon of vanilla ice cream every day
12. Jackson tells Hall he has a medical problem. What is it?
(a) he has an ulcer, which he has had for two years
(b) he has thin blood
(c) he says he just getting old
(d) he says he has an old war wound
13. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
(a) Andromeda is attacking the computer
(b) Andromeda doesn't want to be confined to the lab
(c) the mutated form of Andromeda is going to attack the glass
(d) the mutated form of Andromeda is only dangerous to rubber gaskets
14. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
(a) an astronaut's suit
(b) a full body glove
(c) his level 5 coveralls
(d) latex gloves and surgical mask
15. Too whom does the female voice on the intercom belong?
(a) a sixty-three year old woman from Omaha, named Gladys Stevens
(b) Dr. Stone's wife
(c) one of the secretaries from level 1
(d) no one, it's computer simulated
Short Answer Questions
1. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
2. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
3. What happens as the men stare at the green substance attached to the meteor?
4. What does the Wildfire team believe about the origin of the Scoop contamination?
5. There is a lab rat in the room with Dr. Burton, what do Stone and Hall notice about it?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)