|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hall think made Jackson survive Andromeda?
(a) Andromeda doesn't like asprin
(b) his bleeding ulcer made it too hard for the blood to coagulate
(c) excessive acid in the bloodstream might prevent Andromeda from growing
(d) he's a mean, old man
2. Burton's tests reveal that clotting begins in the lungs then progresses to the brain. What does that mean to him?
(a) that the disease does't clog the arteries
(b) the disease must be inhaled
(c) that eveyone suffucated before they died
(d) that the brain is not that vulnerable to the disease
3. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
(a) because black hides dirt and blood
(b) because they're very calm rats
(c) all black Norway rats are physically alike
(d) because they're the cheapest ones available
4. What does the Wildfire team believe about the origin of the Scoop contamination?
(a) they come to believe it is an alien life form
(b) that the contamination happened before the satellite left earth
(c) there is no contamination; nothing can live in space
(d) the contamination has earth germs that mutated
5. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
(a) tells him the baby's mother's name
(b) he doesn't talk to him
(c) tells him to go away
(d) tells him he doesn't need a doctor
6. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
(a) they have an hour discussion about what might have happened
(b) they ignore it as being irrelevant
(c) they send flowers to the pilot's wife
(d) they immediately download the information
7. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
(a) that he was sick last week
(b) baby Jamie cries constantly
(c) that he was a twin, but the other one died
(d) that he was two months early
8. What type of waste products did Andromeda produce?
(a) it doesn't produce any
(b) starch, sugar and hydrogen
(c) carbon and water
(d) amino acids
9. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
(a) they are confident
(b) they're under extreme pressure
(c) they're happy
(d) they're relieved
10. What does Hall do at the computer when he is in the room with his patients?
(a) sets up a way to get real food
(b) tells it to give the patients a flu vaccination
(c) plays a card game
(d) uses it to order fifteen to twenty lab tests for the patients
11. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
(a) the satellite hit something in its path
(b) the Russians shot it down
(c) its batteries ran out
(d) it was at the end of its allocated usefulness
12. How will the scientist work on the satellite?
(a) behind an ultraviolet barrier
(b) with binoculars
(c) metallic hands inside the sealed room
(d) with latex gloves on their hands
13. What is the The Messenger Theory?
(a) that molecues talk to each other through light
(b) tiny organisms that grow into a complete life form capable of communicating
(c) that Morse code is effective
(d) that atoms communicate with other atoms to bind together
14. On what former scientific belief did Leavitt base his rule of 48?
(a) the earth is flat
(b) it is impossible to put any object into outer space
(c) science's once irrevocable conclusion that the human body contains forty-eight chromosomes
(d) the earth revolves around the sun
15. Too whom does the female voice on the intercom belong?
(a) Dr. Stone's wife
(b) a sixty-three year old woman from Omaha, named Gladys Stevens
(c) no one, it's computer simulated
(d) one of the secretaries from level 1
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wildfire group eat for breakfast?
2. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
3. What does the spectrometer show about the composition of the Andromeda strain?
4. How often do the doctors get together to discuss results?
5. What do they find out about the green substance and amino acids?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)