|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the center core protected, level to level?
(a) with electrical shocks
(b) sensors track movement in the core, and shoot ligamine darts at any moving target
(c) with laser beams
(d) with guard dogs
2. What do they find out about the green substance and amino acids?
(a) it makes amino acids out of the air
(b) it has no amino acids
(c) it makes its own amino acids
(d) it shrinks in the presence of amino acids
3. There is a lab rat in the room with Dr. Burton, what do Stone and Hall notice about it?
(a) it has blood running from its nose
(b) it's dead
(c) it's still alive
(d) it's white instead of black
4. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
(a) latex gloves and surgical mask
(b) a full body glove
(c) his level 5 coveralls
(d) an astronaut's suit
5. What does Stone see when he turns on the scope?
(a) a molecue in the shape of a triangle
(b) a densely packed blob with no real edges
(c) a perfect six-sided hexagon, interlocked with other equally perfect hexagons on each side
(d) a long, stringy virus
6. Where are the laboratories and equipment rooms that they will be using on level 5?
(a) in the north section of the level
(b) along the perimeter of the cone
(c) sealed away inside the central core
(d) anywhere there was room to put them
7. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
(a) they immediately download the information
(b) they have an hour discussion about what might have happened
(c) they ignore it as being irrelevant
(d) they send flowers to the pilot's wife
8. Stone yells at Hall when the self-destruct is announced. What does he tell him?
(a) for Hall to help Burton
(b) for Hall to return to the room with Jackson and the baby
(c) for Hall to call 911
(d) for Hall to get out of the room right away before Hall gets sealed off from the substations
9. What does Stone do when they find the message?
(a) asks the others what they should do
(b) rips it up and throws it in the trash
(c) shruggs his shoulders and quotes politics
(d) calls the president's advisor to try to talk him into initiating directive 7-12 immediately
10. How will the scientist work on the satellite?
(a) metallic hands inside the sealed room
(b) with binoculars
(c) with latex gloves on their hands
(d) behind an ultraviolet barrier
11. While running to the autopsy room, Hall notices that Leavitt appears to be in a trance. Why does he appear that way?
(a) he's barely walking and keeps bumping into the walls
(b) he's immobile looking at the flashing emergency lights
(c) he likes to stop and think during an emergency
(d) he didn't get enough sleep the night before
12. What does Hall think made Jackson survive Andromeda?
(a) he's a mean, old man
(b) his bleeding ulcer made it too hard for the blood to coagulate
(c) excessive acid in the bloodstream might prevent Andromeda from growing
(d) Andromeda doesn't like asprin
13. When a training pilot crashes after flying above the Piedmont area, what do they find at the plane?
(a) the pilot had left a note to his wife
(b) the pilot was too young to be flying
(c) the instrument panel was gone
(d) all the new plastic polymer that replaced rubber in the plane has dissolved
14. What happens when Hall runs to the door?
(a) he slips, falls and breaks his ankle
(b) he gets his arm caught in the sliding door
(c) it's too late; he is sealed in, away from the substations
(d) he gets out and runs to the substation down the hall
15. What happens as the men stare at the green substance attached to the meteor?
(a) it starts to hum
(b) it grows smaller
(c) it begins to emit light in a pattern
(d) it turns purple and grows right before their eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
2. Why does Hall think the baby's survival and the birds' survival are related?
3. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
4. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
5. How often do the doctors get together to discuss results?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)