|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
(a) the agent reponds to light
(b) the agent could only be a larger molecule like a bacterial cell
(c) it is too big to be airborne
(d) it's not from earth
2. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
(a) he doesn't do anything
(b) he takes nearly a bottle of aspirin a day and sips from a can of Sterno
(c) he eats a gallon of vanilla ice cream every day
(d) he drinks maalox
3. What did Stone and Leavitt find in the satellite?
(a) a piece of a missle
(b) a meteror rock with a green substance growing on it
(c) a message written in Greek
4. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
(a) Mark Hall
(b) Dr. Leavitt
(c) Dr. Stone
(d) Dr. Burton
5. What happens as the men stare at the green substance attached to the meteor?
(a) it begins to emit light in a pattern
(b) it grows smaller
(c) it turns purple and grows right before their eyes
(d) it starts to hum
6. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
(a) Andromeda doesn't want to be confined to the lab
(b) the mutated form of Andromeda is only dangerous to rubber gaskets
(c) the mutated form of Andromeda is going to attack the glass
(d) Andromeda is attacking the computer
7. While running to the autopsy room, Hall notices that Leavitt appears to be in a trance. Why does he appear that way?
(a) he likes to stop and think during an emergency
(b) he's barely walking and keeps bumping into the walls
(c) he didn't get enough sleep the night before
(d) he's immobile looking at the flashing emergency lights
8. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
(a) tells him to go away
(b) tells him he doesn't need a doctor
(c) tells him the baby's mother's name
(d) he doesn't talk to him
9. What is the The Messenger Theory?
(a) that molecues talk to each other through light
(b) that Morse code is effective
(c) that atoms communicate with other atoms to bind together
(d) tiny organisms that grow into a complete life form capable of communicating
10. What does the Wildfire team believe about the origin of the Scoop contamination?
(a) they come to believe it is an alien life form
(b) the contamination has earth germs that mutated
(c) that the contamination happened before the satellite left earth
(d) there is no contamination; nothing can live in space
11. There is a lab rat in the room with Dr. Burton, what do Stone and Hall notice about it?
(a) it's dead
(b) it's white instead of black
(c) it has blood running from its nose
(d) it's still alive
12. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
(a) all black Norway rats are physically alike
(b) because they're very calm rats
(c) because black hides dirt and blood
(d) because they're the cheapest ones available
13. What does Stone do to help Burton in the autopsy room when he's been exposed to Andromeda?
(a) nothing, he doesn't know what to do
(b) pumping oxygen into the room to inhibit the spread of Andromeda
(c) spraying the room with bleach
(d) coating the walls with antibiotics
14. What does Burton's tests determine about the dead bodies?
(a) the disease leaves after the body dies
(b) they're not contagious, only the air surrounding them transmits the disease
(c) they are disintegrating quickly
(d) the disease stays on the dead body, still contagious
15. What does Hall do as he finishes turning his key in the level 4 substation?
(a) he jumps up and down and sings
(b) he grabs a nurse and kisses her
(c) he calmly returns to level 5
(d) he slides down the wall unconscious
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the laboratories and equipment rooms that they will be using on level 5?
2. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
3. How will the scientist work on the satellite?
4. What happens when Hall runs to the door?
5. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)