|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Hall runs to the door?
(a) he gets out and runs to the substation down the hall
(b) he slips, falls and breaks his ankle
(c) it's too late; he is sealed in, away from the substations
(d) he gets his arm caught in the sliding door
2. When a training pilot crashes after flying above the Piedmont area, what do they find at the plane?
(a) all the new plastic polymer that replaced rubber in the plane has dissolved
(b) the pilot was too young to be flying
(c) the instrument panel was gone
(d) the pilot had left a note to his wife
3. What is Leavitt's rule of "48"?
(a) all scientists are obsessed with their work
(b) there's 48 types of mistakes in any problem
(c) all scientists are blind
(d) there's 48 ways to do anything
4. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
(a) it's not from earth
(b) it is too big to be airborne
(c) the agent could only be a larger molecule like a bacterial cell
(d) the agent reponds to light
5. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
(a) an alarm clock he set the previous night
(b) a maid comes in to clean the room
(c) a seductive, female voice
(d) Dr. Stone calls him on the phone
6. How often do the doctors get together to discuss results?
(a) every twelve hours
(b) every day
(c) once every four hours
(d) they never get together, each man is responsible for his own area
7. What does the spectrometer show about the composition of the Andromeda strain?
(a) it's radioactive
(b) it is not alive
(c) it resembles earthly organic life
(d) it has carbon and silicon in it
8. What seems to produce the best growth in Andromeda?
(a) pure oxygen
(b) saline solution
(c) chocolate ice cream
(d) any type of energy causes it to grow well
9. What do they put into the room with the satellite first?
(a) a white cat
(b) a brown dog
(c) a pig
(d) a black Norway lab rat
10. What happens to the rat when deposited near the satellite?
(a) it runs around looking for food
(b) it lays down and goes to sleep
(c) it is dead within seconds
(d) it becomes paralyzed
11. What message have the men received without their knowledge, that they find by accident?
(a) the notification about the President's decision to delay directive 7-12
(b) that the plaque has spread to Texas
(c) that another sattellite has come down to earth
(d) that Dr. Leavitt's wife is in the hospital
12. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
(a) has aged him before his time
(b) made him a drug addict
(c) made him insane
(d) created acidosis, or excess acidity in the body
13. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
(a) Andromeda attacks the blood vessel walls directly
(b) Andromeda strengthens blood vessels
(c) Andromeda burrows in the blood vessels
(d) Andromeda doesn't live well in blood vessels
14. When Burton is still alive, but breathing fast from fear what does Hall do?
(a) Hall returns to his lab and stares at Peter Jackson through the glass
(b) he relaxes a moment and sits down
(c) he leaves to go check on Leavitt
(d) he tells Stone he's going to the men's room
15. Stone yells at Hall when the self-destruct is announced. What does he tell him?
(a) for Hall to return to the room with Jackson and the baby
(b) for Hall to get out of the room right away before Hall gets sealed off from the substations
(c) for Hall to call 911
(d) for Hall to help Burton
Short Answer Questions
1. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
2. What does Hall think made Jackson survive Andromeda?
3. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
4. How many ligamine darts hits Hall before he gets to level 4?
5. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)