|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the first test Burton does on the two dead lab animals?
(a) vector experiments to determine how the mysterious disease is transmitted
(b) breathing test to make sure they're dead
(c) a nerve reflex test
(d) a blood test
2. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
(a) all black Norway rats are physically alike
(b) because black hides dirt and blood
(c) because they're very calm rats
(d) because they're the cheapest ones available
3. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
(a) that tomorrow a male voice will waken him
(b) that he is late for breakfast
(c) that he ought to take this project more seriously
(d) that pushing the red button calls him
4. Why is the center core protected?
(a) so a large bacteria can't float through it
(b) to bar people from being in it
(c) so terrorist can't get through it
(d) to prevent potentially contaminated lab animals from escaping
5. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
(a) that he was a twin, but the other one died
(b) that he was sick last week
(c) baby Jamie cries constantly
(d) that he was two months early
6. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
(a) they don't die when exposed to the disease
(b) they lay down and go to sleep
(c) they bleed out of their noses
(d) the rats live longer, but still succumb to the disease
7. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
(a) they focus ultrviolet lights on the doors
(b) they decide to evacuate
(c) the self-destruct sequence begins
(d) they use caulk to seal off the areas
8. Why isn't normal food available at the lab?
(a) cooks aren't allowed on level 4 or 5
(b) it cost more than the nutrient drink
(c) it might provide a growth medium for bacteria
(d) there's too many people to figure out what to cook
9. What does Stone see when he turns on the scope?
(a) a perfect six-sided hexagon, interlocked with other equally perfect hexagons on each side
(b) a densely packed blob with no real edges
(c) a molecue in the shape of a triangle
(d) a long, stringy virus
10. For what reason do the men decide some of the Piedmont people seemed to have committed suicide?
(a) they were too afraid to die of Andromeda
(b) brain hemorrhages are capable of causing insanity as well as death
(c) they couldn't stand seeing all their family and friends dead
(d) Andromeda told them to do it
11. Stone yells at Hall when the self-destruct is announced. What does he tell him?
(a) for Hall to return to the room with Jackson and the baby
(b) for Hall to get out of the room right away before Hall gets sealed off from the substations
(c) for Hall to help Burton
(d) for Hall to call 911
12. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
(a) Dr. Stone calls him on the phone
(b) a seductive, female voice
(c) a maid comes in to clean the room
(d) an alarm clock he set the previous night
13. What happens to the rat when deposited near the satellite?
(a) it becomes paralyzed
(b) it lays down and goes to sleep
(c) it runs around looking for food
(d) it is dead within seconds
14. How did the men feel about finding a solution to Andromeda?
(a) they feel someone else could do a better job
(b) that if they did not find a solution, no solution would be forthcoming
(c) they've given up
(d) they feel it is impossible
15. When Hall realizes the reason for Jackson's and the baby's survival what does he do?
(a) races to the autopsy lab to strut it out in front of Stone
(b) brags to his assistant, Karen
(c) asks the computer to report Andromeda growth results based on pH levels
(d) jumps up and down pumping his fist
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the laboratories and equipment rooms that they will be using on level 5?
2. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
3. What do they do when they realize a nuclear detonation in Piedmont will provide Andromeda with a limitless supply of energy?
4. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
5. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)