|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often do the doctors get together to discuss results?
(a) every twelve hours
(b) they never get together, each man is responsible for his own area
(c) every day
(d) once every four hours
2. When Hall realizes the reason for Jackson's and the baby's survival what does he do?
(a) races to the autopsy lab to strut it out in front of Stone
(b) asks the computer to report Andromeda growth results based on pH levels
(c) brags to his assistant, Karen
(d) jumps up and down pumping his fist
3. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
(a) climbing to another level through the central core
(b) going up the outside of the lab
(c) going through the ventilation shafts
(d) taking an elevator to level 4
4. Jackson tells Hall he has a medical problem. What is it?
(a) he says he has an old war wound
(b) he has thin blood
(c) he has an ulcer, which he has had for two years
(d) he says he just getting old
5. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
(a) a generator
(b) like a highly efficient atomic reactor
(c) a human body cell
(d) a virus
6. What does Stone see when he turns on the scope?
(a) a perfect six-sided hexagon, interlocked with other equally perfect hexagons on each side
(b) a molecue in the shape of a triangle
(c) a densely packed blob with no real edges
(d) a long, stringy virus
7. There is a lab rat in the room with Dr. Burton, what do Stone and Hall notice about it?
(a) it's white instead of black
(b) it's dead
(c) it's still alive
(d) it has blood running from its nose
8. How did the men feel about finding a solution to Andromeda?
(a) they've given up
(b) that if they did not find a solution, no solution would be forthcoming
(c) they feel someone else could do a better job
(d) they feel it is impossible
9. While dealing with Burton, Hall and Stone hear another emergency announcement by the computer. It is:
(a) a nuclear bomb was dropped on Piedmont
(b) Andromeda is now in level 1
(c) The gasket seals in three other sections have failed
(d) Leavitt is having another seizure
10. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
(a) Andromeda strengthens blood vessels
(b) Andromeda attacks the blood vessel walls directly
(c) Andromeda doesn't live well in blood vessels
(d) Andromeda burrows in the blood vessels
11. When a training pilot crashes after flying above the Piedmont area, what do they find at the plane?
(a) all the new plastic polymer that replaced rubber in the plane has dissolved
(b) the instrument panel was gone
(c) the pilot had left a note to his wife
(d) the pilot was too young to be flying
12. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
(a) created acidosis, or excess acidity in the body
(b) has aged him before his time
(c) made him insane
(d) made him a drug addict
13. What happens when Hall runs to the door?
(a) he gets out and runs to the substation down the hall
(b) it's too late; he is sealed in, away from the substations
(c) he gets his arm caught in the sliding door
(d) he slips, falls and breaks his ankle
14. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
(a) his level 5 coveralls
(b) a full body glove
(c) an astronaut's suit
(d) latex gloves and surgical mask
15. What does Stone do to help Burton in the autopsy room when he's been exposed to Andromeda?
(a) coating the walls with antibiotics
(b) nothing, he doesn't know what to do
(c) spraying the room with bleach
(d) pumping oxygen into the room to inhibit the spread of Andromeda
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hall do as he finishes turning his key in the level 4 substation?
2. In communications, why does Captain Morris check for computer malfunctions?
3. Why does Stone feel they have plenty of time to solve the mystery of the satellite's contamination?
4. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
5. On what former scientific belief did Leavitt base his rule of 48?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)