|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hall realizes the reason for Jackson's and the baby's survival what does he do?
(a) brags to his assistant, Karen
(b) jumps up and down pumping his fist
(c) asks the computer to report Andromeda growth results based on pH levels
(d) races to the autopsy lab to strut it out in front of Stone
2. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
(a) Andromeda grows within a narrow range of pH
(b) Andromeda can grow in most pH levels
(c) Andromeda has no reaction to any pH level
(d) Andromeda likes all pH levels but 7.1
3. What happens as the men stare at the green substance attached to the meteor?
(a) it turns purple and grows right before their eyes
(b) it starts to hum
(c) it begins to emit light in a pattern
(d) it grows smaller
4. While running to the autopsy room, Hall notices that Leavitt appears to be in a trance. Why does he appear that way?
(a) he likes to stop and think during an emergency
(b) he's barely walking and keeps bumping into the walls
(c) he's immobile looking at the flashing emergency lights
(d) he didn't get enough sleep the night before
5. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
(a) the Russians shot it down
(b) its batteries ran out
(c) it was at the end of its allocated usefulness
(d) the satellite hit something in its path
6. Why does an electron microscope work better than any other type of scope?
(a) it has a bigger lens
(b) it uses electric current across the lens
(c) it uses magnetic fields rather than light rays to view and enlarge objects
(d) it uses lasers to shine on the subject
7. There is a lab rat in the room with Dr. Burton, what do Stone and Hall notice about it?
(a) it has blood running from its nose
(b) it's dead
(c) it's white instead of black
(d) it's still alive
8. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
(a) they focus ultrviolet lights on the doors
(b) the self-destruct sequence begins
(c) they decide to evacuate
(d) they use caulk to seal off the areas
9. How many ligamine darts hits Hall before he gets to level 4?
10. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
(a) the rats live longer, but still succumb to the disease
(b) they bleed out of their noses
(c) they lay down and go to sleep
(d) they don't die when exposed to the disease
11. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
(a) he doesn't talk to him
(b) tells him he doesn't need a doctor
(c) tells him to go away
(d) tells him the baby's mother's name
12. When a training pilot crashes after flying above the Piedmont area, what do they find at the plane?
(a) the pilot had left a note to his wife
(b) the instrument panel was gone
(c) the pilot was too young to be flying
(d) all the new plastic polymer that replaced rubber in the plane has dissolved
13. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
(a) like a highly efficient atomic reactor
(b) a generator
(c) a human body cell
(d) a virus
14. What does Hall do at the computer when he is in the room with his patients?
(a) tells it to give the patients a flu vaccination
(b) uses it to order fifteen to twenty lab tests for the patients
(c) plays a card game
(d) sets up a way to get real food
15. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
(a) they have an hour discussion about what might have happened
(b) they immediately download the information
(c) they send flowers to the pilot's wife
(d) they ignore it as being irrelevant
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the rat when deposited near the satellite?
2. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
3. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
4. If one cell of E. coli could produce a supercolony equal in size and weight to the planet, why doesn't that happen?
5. What does Hall think made Jackson survive Andromeda?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)