|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone yells at Hall when the self-destruct is announced. What does he tell him?
(a) for Hall to return to the room with Jackson and the baby
(b) for Hall to help Burton
(c) for Hall to call 911
(d) for Hall to get out of the room right away before Hall gets sealed off from the substations
2. Where are the laboratories and equipment rooms that they will be using on level 5?
(a) along the perimeter of the cone
(b) sealed away inside the central core
(c) anywhere there was room to put them
(d) in the north section of the level
3. What bothers Hall about the substations that will turn off a self-destruct?
(a) they're spaced too close together
(b) they're painted red
(c) it takes too much time to insert the key
(d) that he could be sealed off in a section without a substation
4. What is Leavitt's rule of "48"?
(a) there's 48 ways to do anything
(b) all scientists are blind
(c) all scientists are obsessed with their work
(d) there's 48 types of mistakes in any problem
5. How will the scientist work on the satellite?
(a) metallic hands inside the sealed room
(b) behind an ultraviolet barrier
(c) with latex gloves on their hands
(d) with binoculars
6. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
(a) he eats a gallon of vanilla ice cream every day
(b) he takes nearly a bottle of aspirin a day and sips from a can of Sterno
(c) he drinks maalox
(d) he doesn't do anything
7. There is a lab rat in the room with Dr. Burton, what do Stone and Hall notice about it?
(a) it's dead
(b) it's white instead of black
(c) it has blood running from its nose
(d) it's still alive
8. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
(a) made him insane
(b) has aged him before his time
(c) made him a drug addict
(d) created acidosis, or excess acidity in the body
9. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
(a) Andromeda grows within a narrow range of pH
(b) Andromeda can grow in most pH levels
(c) Andromeda has no reaction to any pH level
(d) Andromeda likes all pH levels but 7.1
10. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
(a) they decide to evacuate
(b) the self-destruct sequence begins
(c) they use caulk to seal off the areas
(d) they focus ultrviolet lights on the doors
11. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
(a) all black Norway rats are physically alike
(b) because black hides dirt and blood
(c) because they're very calm rats
(d) because they're the cheapest ones available
12. How often do the doctors get together to discuss results?
(a) once every four hours
(b) every day
(c) every twelve hours
(d) they never get together, each man is responsible for his own area
13. What do they find out about the green substance and amino acids?
(a) it makes its own amino acids
(b) it shrinks in the presence of amino acids
(c) it makes amino acids out of the air
(d) it has no amino acids
14. What's the first test Burton does on the two dead lab animals?
(a) a blood test
(b) breathing test to make sure they're dead
(c) vector experiments to determine how the mysterious disease is transmitted
(d) a nerve reflex test
15. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
(a) that he was two months early
(b) baby Jamie cries constantly
(c) that he was a twin, but the other one died
(d) that he was sick last week
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wildfire team believe about the origin of the Scoop contamination?
2. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
3. What does the team decide Hall has to find out?
4. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
5. What does Stone do to help Burton in the autopsy room when he's been exposed to Andromeda?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)