|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of waste products did Andromeda produce?
(a) amino acids
(b) carbon and water
(c) it doesn't produce any
(d) starch, sugar and hydrogen
2. What does the team decide Hall has to find out?
(a) how fast he can get to each substation
(b) what the old man and the infant have in common which protected them both from death
(c) why the infant cries all the time
(d) how to cure Jackson's ulcer
3. What happens to the rat when deposited near the satellite?
(a) it is dead within seconds
(b) it becomes paralyzed
(c) it runs around looking for food
(d) it lays down and goes to sleep
4. What does Hall do at the computer when he is in the room with his patients?
(a) plays a card game
(b) uses it to order fifteen to twenty lab tests for the patients
(c) sets up a way to get real food
(d) tells it to give the patients a flu vaccination
5. What does Stone see when he turns on the scope?
(a) a molecue in the shape of a triangle
(b) a perfect six-sided hexagon, interlocked with other equally perfect hexagons on each side
(c) a long, stringy virus
(d) a densely packed blob with no real edges
6. While dealing with Burton, Hall and Stone hear another emergency announcement by the computer. It is:
(a) Leavitt is having another seizure
(b) a nuclear bomb was dropped on Piedmont
(c) The gasket seals in three other sections have failed
(d) Andromeda is now in level 1
7. Jackson tells Hall he has a medical problem. What is it?
(a) he has thin blood
(b) he has an ulcer, which he has had for two years
(c) he says he just getting old
(d) he says he has an old war wound
8. For what reason do the men decide some of the Piedmont people seemed to have committed suicide?
(a) Andromeda told them to do it
(b) they were too afraid to die of Andromeda
(c) they couldn't stand seeing all their family and friends dead
(d) brain hemorrhages are capable of causing insanity as well as death
9. What does Hall think made Jackson survive Andromeda?
(a) Andromeda doesn't like asprin
(b) he's a mean, old man
(c) excessive acid in the bloodstream might prevent Andromeda from growing
(d) his bleeding ulcer made it too hard for the blood to coagulate
10. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
(a) they bleed out of their noses
(b) they don't die when exposed to the disease
(c) they lay down and go to sleep
(d) the rats live longer, but still succumb to the disease
11. What do they put into the room with the satellite first?
(a) a white cat
(b) a pig
(c) a brown dog
(d) a black Norway lab rat
12. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
(a) he eats a gallon of vanilla ice cream every day
(b) he takes nearly a bottle of aspirin a day and sips from a can of Sterno
(c) he drinks maalox
(d) he doesn't do anything
13. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
(a) an alarm clock he set the previous night
(b) Dr. Stone calls him on the phone
(c) a seductive, female voice
(d) a maid comes in to clean the room
14. Why does Stone feel they have plenty of time to solve the mystery of the satellite's contamination?
(a) nothing bad has happened so far
(b) it's only been a couple days
(c) the President said to take their time
(d) with Piedmont nuked there is no danger to the outside
15. How is the center core protected, level to level?
(a) with electrical shocks
(b) sensors track movement in the core, and shoot ligamine darts at any moving target
(c) with laser beams
(d) with guard dogs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wildfire team believe about the origin of the Scoop contamination?
2. Too whom does the female voice on the intercom belong?
3. Burton's tests reveal that clotting begins in the lungs then progresses to the brain. What does that mean to him?
4. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
5. What bothers Hall about the substations that will turn off a self-destruct?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)