|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hall think the baby's survival and the birds' survival are related?
(a) they have small bodies
(b) they are both hungry all the time
(c) their rapid breathing
(d) they both have big mouths
2. What do they find out about the green substance and amino acids?
(a) it shrinks in the presence of amino acids
(b) it has no amino acids
(c) it makes its own amino acids
(d) it makes amino acids out of the air
3. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
(a) the self-destruct sequence begins
(b) they focus ultrviolet lights on the doors
(c) they use caulk to seal off the areas
(d) they decide to evacuate
4. What bothers Hall about the substations that will turn off a self-destruct?
(a) they're painted red
(b) it takes too much time to insert the key
(c) they're spaced too close together
(d) that he could be sealed off in a section without a substation
5. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
(a) they don't die when exposed to the disease
(b) they lay down and go to sleep
(c) they bleed out of their noses
(d) the rats live longer, but still succumb to the disease
6. How many ligamine darts hits Hall before he gets to level 4?
7. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
(a) a human body cell
(b) like a highly efficient atomic reactor
(c) a virus
(d) a generator
8. What does the team decide Hall has to find out?
(a) why the infant cries all the time
(b) how to cure Jackson's ulcer
(c) what the old man and the infant have in common which protected them both from death
(d) how fast he can get to each substation
9. What did Stone and Leavitt find in the satellite?
(a) a meteror rock with a green substance growing on it
(b) a piece of a missle
(c) a message written in Greek
10. What does the Wildfire team believe about the origin of the Scoop contamination?
(a) they come to believe it is an alien life form
(b) the contamination has earth germs that mutated
(c) that the contamination happened before the satellite left earth
(d) there is no contamination; nothing can live in space
11. What does Burton's tests determine about the dead bodies?
(a) the disease stays on the dead body, still contagious
(b) they are disintegrating quickly
(c) they're not contagious, only the air surrounding them transmits the disease
(d) the disease leaves after the body dies
12. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
(a) that tomorrow a male voice will waken him
(b) that he ought to take this project more seriously
(c) that pushing the red button calls him
(d) that he is late for breakfast
13. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
(a) taking an elevator to level 4
(b) climbing to another level through the central core
(c) going up the outside of the lab
(d) going through the ventilation shafts
14. What does the Wildfire group eat for breakfast?
(a) eggs, toast and bacon
(b) a glass of dark brown juice, which tastes like orange juice
(c) a large pill which is all the nutrients they need
(d) oatmeal with honey
15. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
(a) they send flowers to the pilot's wife
(b) they immediately download the information
(c) they have an hour discussion about what might have happened
(d) they ignore it as being irrelevant
Short Answer Questions
1. While dealing with Burton, Hall and Stone hear another emergency announcement by the computer. It is:
2. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
3. What seems to produce the best growth in Andromeda?
4. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
5. Jackson tells Hall he has a medical problem. What is it?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)