|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of waste products did Andromeda produce?
(a) amino acids
(b) starch, sugar and hydrogen
(c) it doesn't produce any
(d) carbon and water
2. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
(a) taking an elevator to level 4
(b) climbing to another level through the central core
(c) going through the ventilation shafts
(d) going up the outside of the lab
3. What's the first test Burton does on the two dead lab animals?
(a) vector experiments to determine how the mysterious disease is transmitted
(b) breathing test to make sure they're dead
(c) a nerve reflex test
(d) a blood test
4. What happens as soon as more gaskets are discovered to be damaged?
(a) they use caulk to seal off the areas
(b) they decide to evacuate
(c) the self-destruct sequence begins
(d) they focus ultrviolet lights on the doors
5. Why does an electron microscope work better than any other type of scope?
(a) it uses electric current across the lens
(b) it has a bigger lens
(c) it uses lasers to shine on the subject
(d) it uses magnetic fields rather than light rays to view and enlarge objects
6. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
(a) Andromeda doesn't live well in blood vessels
(b) Andromeda strengthens blood vessels
(c) Andromeda burrows in the blood vessels
(d) Andromeda attacks the blood vessel walls directly
7. What does the team decide Hall has to find out?
(a) what the old man and the infant have in common which protected them both from death
(b) how to cure Jackson's ulcer
(c) how fast he can get to each substation
(d) why the infant cries all the time
8. Why is the center core protected?
(a) to prevent potentially contaminated lab animals from escaping
(b) so a large bacteria can't float through it
(c) to bar people from being in it
(d) so terrorist can't get through it
9. Jackson tells Hall he has a medical problem. What is it?
(a) he has thin blood
(b) he has an ulcer, which he has had for two years
(c) he says he just getting old
(d) he says he has an old war wound
10. Stone yells at Hall when the self-destruct is announced. What does he tell him?
(a) for Hall to help Burton
(b) for Hall to get out of the room right away before Hall gets sealed off from the substations
(c) for Hall to return to the room with Jackson and the baby
(d) for Hall to call 911
11. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
(a) because they're very calm rats
(b) because black hides dirt and blood
(c) because they're the cheapest ones available
(d) all black Norway rats are physically alike
12. What did Stone and Leavitt find in the satellite?
(a) a message written in Greek
(c) a meteror rock with a green substance growing on it
(d) a piece of a missle
13. Burton's tests reveal that clotting begins in the lungs then progresses to the brain. What does that mean to him?
(a) that the disease does't clog the arteries
(b) that eveyone suffucated before they died
(c) that the brain is not that vulnerable to the disease
(d) the disease must be inhaled
14. How did the men feel about finding a solution to Andromeda?
(a) that if they did not find a solution, no solution would be forthcoming
(b) they've given up
(c) they feel someone else could do a better job
(d) they feel it is impossible
15. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
(a) it is too big to be airborne
(b) the agent could only be a larger molecule like a bacterial cell
(c) it's not from earth
(d) the agent reponds to light
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leavitt's rule of "48"?
2. What does Hall think made Jackson survive Andromeda?
3. For what reason do the men decide some of the Piedmont people seemed to have committed suicide?
4. What happens as the men stare at the green substance attached to the meteor?
5. What does Hall race back to the autopsy room to stop?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)