|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
(a) because they're the cheapest ones available
(b) because they're very calm rats
(c) because black hides dirt and blood
(d) all black Norway rats are physically alike
2. What does Stone do to help Burton in the autopsy room when he's been exposed to Andromeda?
(a) coating the walls with antibiotics
(b) pumping oxygen into the room to inhibit the spread of Andromeda
(c) spraying the room with bleach
(d) nothing, he doesn't know what to do
3. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
(a) a virus
(b) a generator
(c) a human body cell
(d) like a highly efficient atomic reactor
4. While dealing with Burton, Hall and Stone hear another emergency announcement by the computer. It is:
(a) a nuclear bomb was dropped on Piedmont
(b) The gasket seals in three other sections have failed
(c) Leavitt is having another seizure
(d) Andromeda is now in level 1
5. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
(a) an astronaut's suit
(b) his level 5 coveralls
(c) a full body glove
(d) latex gloves and surgical mask
6. What does Hall do as he finishes turning his key in the level 4 substation?
(a) he grabs a nurse and kisses her
(b) he jumps up and down and sings
(c) he slides down the wall unconscious
(d) he calmly returns to level 5
7. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
(a) they're happy
(b) they are confident
(c) they're under extreme pressure
(d) they're relieved
8. What the main hypothesis the men have about why Scoop fell out of orbit?
(a) it was at the end of its allocated usefulness
(b) the satellite hit something in its path
(c) its batteries ran out
(d) the Russians shot it down
9. On what former scientific belief did Leavitt base his rule of 48?
(a) it is impossible to put any object into outer space
(b) the earth is flat
(c) science's once irrevocable conclusion that the human body contains forty-eight chromosomes
(d) the earth revolves around the sun
10. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
(a) Andromeda has no reaction to any pH level
(b) Andromeda can grow in most pH levels
(c) Andromeda likes all pH levels but 7.1
(d) Andromeda grows within a narrow range of pH
11. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
(a) a seductive, female voice
(b) an alarm clock he set the previous night
(c) Dr. Stone calls him on the phone
(d) a maid comes in to clean the room
12. Burton's tests reveal that clotting begins in the lungs then progresses to the brain. What does that mean to him?
(a) that the disease does't clog the arteries
(b) that the brain is not that vulnerable to the disease
(c) the disease must be inhaled
(d) that eveyone suffucated before they died
13. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
(a) he eats a gallon of vanilla ice cream every day
(b) he doesn't do anything
(c) he takes nearly a bottle of aspirin a day and sips from a can of Sterno
(d) he drinks maalox
14. What does Hall do at the computer when he is in the room with his patients?
(a) tells it to give the patients a flu vaccination
(b) sets up a way to get real food
(c) plays a card game
(d) uses it to order fifteen to twenty lab tests for the patients
15. Why does an electron microscope work better than any other type of scope?
(a) it uses magnetic fields rather than light rays to view and enlarge objects
(b) it has a bigger lens
(c) it uses electric current across the lens
(d) it uses lasers to shine on the subject
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do when they realize a nuclear detonation in Piedmont will provide Andromeda with a limitless supply of energy?
2. What happens when Hall runs to the door?
3. What does the spectrometer show about the composition of the Andromeda strain?
4. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
5. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)