|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of waste products did Andromeda produce?
(a) it doesn't produce any
(b) carbon and water
(c) amino acids
(d) starch, sugar and hydrogen
2. What does Stone do when they find the message?
(a) rips it up and throws it in the trash
(b) calls the president's advisor to try to talk him into initiating directive 7-12 immediately
(c) asks the others what they should do
(d) shruggs his shoulders and quotes politics
3. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
(a) he drinks maalox
(b) he eats a gallon of vanilla ice cream every day
(c) he doesn't do anything
(d) he takes nearly a bottle of aspirin a day and sips from a can of Sterno
4. While running to the autopsy room, Hall notices that Leavitt appears to be in a trance. Why does he appear that way?
(a) he didn't get enough sleep the night before
(b) he's barely walking and keeps bumping into the walls
(c) he's immobile looking at the flashing emergency lights
(d) he likes to stop and think during an emergency
5. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
(a) Dr. Leavitt
(b) Dr. Stone
(c) Mark Hall
(d) Dr. Burton
6. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
(a) made him a drug addict
(b) created acidosis, or excess acidity in the body
(c) has aged him before his time
(d) made him insane
7. If one cell of E. coli could produce a supercolony equal in size and weight to the planet, why doesn't that happen?
(a) nature made it so it stops at a certain size
(b) food and oxygen run out
(c) it's too fragile
(d) there's too many antibiotics in the world
8. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
(a) the rats live longer, but still succumb to the disease
(b) they lay down and go to sleep
(c) they don't die when exposed to the disease
(d) they bleed out of their noses
9. What does Hall race back to the autopsy room to stop?
(a) the pumping of oxygen into the room
(b) Leavitt from having another seizure
(c) Stone from opening the door of the autopsy room
(d) Burton from dying
10. How will the scientist work on the satellite?
(a) with latex gloves on their hands
(b) behind an ultraviolet barrier
(c) with binoculars
(d) metallic hands inside the sealed room
11. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
(a) the agent reponds to light
(b) it is too big to be airborne
(c) the agent could only be a larger molecule like a bacterial cell
(d) it's not from earth
12. When Burton is still alive, but breathing fast from fear what does Hall do?
(a) he tells Stone he's going to the men's room
(b) Hall returns to his lab and stares at Peter Jackson through the glass
(c) he relaxes a moment and sits down
(d) he leaves to go check on Leavitt
13. What do they put into the room with the satellite first?
(a) a white cat
(b) a brown dog
(c) a pig
(d) a black Norway lab rat
14. On what former scientific belief did Leavitt base his rule of 48?
(a) it is impossible to put any object into outer space
(b) the earth revolves around the sun
(c) the earth is flat
(d) science's once irrevocable conclusion that the human body contains forty-eight chromosomes
15. Jackson tells Hall he has a medical problem. What is it?
(a) he says he has an old war wound
(b) he has an ulcer, which he has had for two years
(c) he has thin blood
(d) he says he just getting old
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
2. Why is the center core protected?
3. What does Burton's tests determine about the dead bodies?
4. What does Hall and Stone figure out when they hear the announcement about the gaskets?
5. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)