|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
(a) because black hides dirt and blood
(b) all black Norway rats are physically alike
(c) because they're the cheapest ones available
(d) because they're very calm rats
2. When Hall realizes the reason for Jackson's and the baby's survival what does he do?
(a) asks the computer to report Andromeda growth results based on pH levels
(b) jumps up and down pumping his fist
(c) brags to his assistant, Karen
(d) races to the autopsy lab to strut it out in front of Stone
3. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
(a) Dr. Burton
(b) Dr. Stone
(c) Dr. Leavitt
(d) Mark Hall
4. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
(a) a virus
(b) a generator
(c) a human body cell
(d) like a highly efficient atomic reactor
5. How many ligamine darts hits Hall before he gets to level 4?
6. What does Burton's tests determine about the dead bodies?
(a) the disease leaves after the body dies
(b) they are disintegrating quickly
(c) the disease stays on the dead body, still contagious
(d) they're not contagious, only the air surrounding them transmits the disease
7. How is the center core protected, level to level?
(a) with electrical shocks
(b) with guard dogs
(c) sensors track movement in the core, and shoot ligamine darts at any moving target
(d) with laser beams
8. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
(a) Andromeda grows within a narrow range of pH
(b) Andromeda likes all pH levels but 7.1
(c) Andromeda can grow in most pH levels
(d) Andromeda has no reaction to any pH level
9. Stone yells at Hall when the self-destruct is announced. What does he tell him?
(a) for Hall to call 911
(b) for Hall to help Burton
(c) for Hall to return to the room with Jackson and the baby
(d) for Hall to get out of the room right away before Hall gets sealed off from the substations
10. Jackson tells Hall he has a medical problem. What is it?
(a) he has thin blood
(b) he says he just getting old
(c) he has an ulcer, which he has had for two years
(d) he says he has an old war wound
11. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
(a) a maid comes in to clean the room
(b) an alarm clock he set the previous night
(c) Dr. Stone calls him on the phone
(d) a seductive, female voice
12. What does Stone do to help Burton in the autopsy room when he's been exposed to Andromeda?
(a) nothing, he doesn't know what to do
(b) coating the walls with antibiotics
(c) spraying the room with bleach
(d) pumping oxygen into the room to inhibit the spread of Andromeda
13. When a training pilot crashes after flying above the Piedmont area, what do they find at the plane?
(a) the pilot had left a note to his wife
(b) the pilot was too young to be flying
(c) the instrument panel was gone
(d) all the new plastic polymer that replaced rubber in the plane has dissolved
14. What does Stone see when he turns on the scope?
(a) a molecue in the shape of a triangle
(b) a perfect six-sided hexagon, interlocked with other equally perfect hexagons on each side
(c) a densely packed blob with no real edges
(d) a long, stringy virus
15. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
(a) latex gloves and surgical mask
(b) an astronaut's suit
(c) his level 5 coveralls
(d) a full body glove
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the first test Burton does on the two dead lab animals?
2. What does the spectrometer show about the composition of the Andromeda strain?
3. When Burton is still alive, but breathing fast from fear what does Hall do?
4. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
5. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)