|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message have the men received without their knowledge, that they find by accident?
(a) the notification about the President's decision to delay directive 7-12
(b) that another sattellite has come down to earth
(c) that the plaque has spread to Texas
(d) that Dr. Leavitt's wife is in the hospital
2. What will Hall wear to examine the two survivors of Piedmont?
(a) an astronaut's suit
(b) his level 5 coveralls
(c) a full body glove
(d) latex gloves and surgical mask
3. There is another way for Hall to reach a substation. What is it?
(a) going up the outside of the lab
(b) going through the ventilation shafts
(c) climbing to another level through the central core
(d) taking an elevator to level 4
4. Why does Stone feel they have plenty of time to solve the mystery of the satellite's contamination?
(a) it's only been a couple days
(b) nothing bad has happened so far
(c) the President said to take their time
(d) with Piedmont nuked there is no danger to the outside
5. What do they do when they realize a nuclear detonation in Piedmont will provide Andromeda with a limitless supply of energy?
(a) start screaming at each other
(b) call off the directive 7-12 to nuke Piedmont
(d) faint dead away
6. What does Burton's tests determine about the dead bodies?
(a) the disease stays on the dead body, still contagious
(b) the disease leaves after the body dies
(c) they're not contagious, only the air surrounding them transmits the disease
(d) they are disintegrating quickly
7. If the organism directly converts energy to matter with no waste what is it functioning like?
(a) a generator
(b) like a highly efficient atomic reactor
(c) a human body cell
(d) a virus
8. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
(a) he takes nearly a bottle of aspirin a day and sips from a can of Sterno
(b) he doesn't do anything
(c) he drinks maalox
(d) he eats a gallon of vanilla ice cream every day
9. Burton's tests reveal that clotting begins in the lungs then progresses to the brain. What does that mean to him?
(a) the disease must be inhaled
(b) that eveyone suffucated before they died
(c) that the disease does't clog the arteries
(d) that the brain is not that vulnerable to the disease
10. How did the men feel about finding a solution to Andromeda?
(a) they've given up
(b) they feel it is impossible
(c) that if they did not find a solution, no solution would be forthcoming
(d) they feel someone else could do a better job
11. What have these home remedies done to Jackson?
(a) has aged him before his time
(b) created acidosis, or excess acidity in the body
(c) made him a drug addict
(d) made him insane
12. Jackson tells Hall he has a medical problem. What is it?
(a) he has thin blood
(b) he has an ulcer, which he has had for two years
(c) he says he just getting old
(d) he says he has an old war wound
13. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
(a) that he is late for breakfast
(b) that tomorrow a male voice will waken him
(c) that he ought to take this project more seriously
(d) that pushing the red button calls him
14. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
(a) Andromeda grows within a narrow range of pH
(b) Andromeda can grow in most pH levels
(c) Andromeda likes all pH levels but 7.1
(d) Andromeda has no reaction to any pH level
15. How often do the doctors get together to discuss results?
(a) every twelve hours
(b) once every four hours
(c) every day
(d) they never get together, each man is responsible for his own area
Short Answer Questions
1. Too whom does the female voice on the intercom belong?
2. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
3. What is the men's theory about Andromeda and blood vessels?
4. If one cell of E. coli could produce a supercolony equal in size and weight to the planet, why doesn't that happen?
5. Why does Hall think the baby's survival and the birds' survival are related?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)