|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Robertson informs them of the Phantom crash team's discovery of the depolymerized polymer and the fleshless bone?
(a) they immediately download the information
(b) they have an hour discussion about what might have happened
(c) they ignore it as being irrelevant
(d) they send flowers to the pilot's wife
2. Based on the a Millipore filter size what does Burton conclude?
(a) the agent could only be a larger molecule like a bacterial cell
(b) it's not from earth
(c) it is too big to be airborne
(d) the agent reponds to light
3. What seems to produce the best growth in Andromeda?
(a) pure oxygen
(b) any type of energy causes it to grow well
(c) chocolate ice cream
(d) saline solution
4. What does Hall think about Burton's fear?
(a) that the man shouldn't have gone into this kind of work
(b) that he's a whimp
(c) The idea of being scared to death is somehow the answer
(d) that he'd be afraid too, in that position
5. While running to the autopsy room, Hall notices that Leavitt appears to be in a trance. Why does he appear that way?
(a) he likes to stop and think during an emergency
(b) he's immobile looking at the flashing emergency lights
(c) he didn't get enough sleep the night before
(d) he's barely walking and keeps bumping into the walls
6. How many ligamine darts hits Hall before he gets to level 4?
7. What does Hall find out about Andromeda from the Ph level report?
(a) Andromeda grows within a narrow range of pH
(b) Andromeda likes all pH levels but 7.1
(c) Andromeda can grow in most pH levels
(d) Andromeda has no reaction to any pH level
8. How is the center core protected, level to level?
(a) with electrical shocks
(b) with guard dogs
(c) sensors track movement in the core, and shoot ligamine darts at any moving target
(d) with laser beams
9. What happens to the rat when deposited near the satellite?
(a) it becomes paralyzed
(b) it runs around looking for food
(c) it lays down and goes to sleep
(d) it is dead within seconds
10. When Hall realizes the reason for Jackson's and the baby's survival what does he do?
(a) races to the autopsy lab to strut it out in front of Stone
(b) jumps up and down pumping his fist
(c) asks the computer to report Andromeda growth results based on pH levels
(d) brags to his assistant, Karen
11. How did the men feel about finding a solution to Andromeda?
(a) that if they did not find a solution, no solution would be forthcoming
(b) they feel someone else could do a better job
(c) they've given up
(d) they feel it is impossible
12. When a training pilot crashes after flying above the Piedmont area, what do they find at the plane?
(a) the instrument panel was gone
(b) all the new plastic polymer that replaced rubber in the plane has dissolved
(c) the pilot was too young to be flying
(d) the pilot had left a note to his wife
13. What happens to the men's attitude now that they know directive 7-12 was not invoked?
(a) they are confident
(b) they're relieved
(c) they're under extreme pressure
(d) they're happy
14. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
(a) he drinks maalox
(b) he doesn't do anything
(c) he eats a gallon of vanilla ice cream every day
(d) he takes nearly a bottle of aspirin a day and sips from a can of Sterno
15. What message have the men received without their knowledge, that they find by accident?
(a) that Dr. Leavitt's wife is in the hospital
(b) the notification about the President's decision to delay directive 7-12
(c) that another sattellite has come down to earth
(d) that the plaque has spread to Texas
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
2. When Burton is still alive, but breathing fast from fear what does Hall do?
3. What type of waste products did Andromeda produce?
4. Why does an electron microscope work better than any other type of scope?
5. What is Leavitt's rule of "48"?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)