|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
(a) two dogs barking and growling at each other
(b) the man in the white robe talking to Shawn
(c) someone pounding on Lt. Shawn's van door
(d) Crane calling out in a high-pitched scream
2. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
(a) the briefing he received on Project Wildfire
(b) about the briefing on how to call the President
(c) about what to do in a state of emergency
(d) the briefing about space travel
3. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
(a) he has been given a business card with a contact number
(b) he has to call the White House
(c) he has to call his superior officer
(d) his contact is in the next building on the base
4. Who do they find alive in the town?
(a) two children hiding under a porch
(b) no one
(c) the man in a white robe and a crying infant
(d) a German shepard and a canary
5. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
(a) that he'd see her tomorrow
(b) that it's an emergency epidemic and to pack her bag
(c) that he will be gone for an indefinite number of weeks
(d) that there must be some mistake, he'll go clear it up
6. What does Hall do about his appointment to Wildfire?
(a) he demands more money than the government is offering
(b) he asks for all the information so he can keep abreast of new developments
(c) he demands to appoint a friend of his to the project
(d) nothing, he has never taken his commitment to Wildfire seriously
7. When Dr. Stone hears of Merrick's theory what does he do?
(a) he thinks there's nothing that can be done about it
(b) he thinks Merrick should be fired from his position
(c) acts as an advocate for research into this possibility
(d) he laughs at them
8. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
(a) five underground levels connected by a central core
(b) it looks like a large ranch
(c) in a pentagon, like the one in Washington
(d) as a skyscraper
9. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
(a) officials who believe in The Odd Man Hypothesis wanted him
(b) because they needed one medical doctor
(c) because he had a great personality
(d) because they needed one scientist who wasn't married
10. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
11. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
(a) solar flares occuring
(b) human bodies, dead or alive
(c) that water fell on the film
(d) that the camera picked up the flares on the ground
12. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
(a) a pack of dogs are barking at a door
(b) a big town party in the center of town
(c) all the houses are lit up
(d) no activity in the town
13. How does Stone feel about Hall's appointment?
(a) he's decided fate must have a reason
(b) he's happy and enthusiastic about it
(c) it's against his wishes
(d) he's indifferent to it
14. What is Manchek asked to do when he calls to alert Wildfire?
(a) to destroy all evidence
(b) to write up a report of the incident
(c) to meet with the scientists
(d) nothing, activating Wildfire is completely automated
15. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(b) they don't do anything
(c) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
(d) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
2. Who is walking among the bodies?
3. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
4. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
5. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)