|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone say the government should do about the possibility of alien bacteria?
(a) the government should construct a laboratory equipped to handle dangerous alien bacteria
(b) they should sit up a comittee and study the question
(c) they shouldn't do anything unless it happens
(d) they should offer a grant to Stone to look at the question
2. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
(a) a file on Wildfire
(b) a handgun
(c) a telephone to call other scientist
(d) a file on the crisis
3. What did English biophysicist, J.J. Merrick, discuss at a biological symposium?
(a) whether humans should go into space
(b) the probabilities of first contact with an alien species
(c) the improbability of life in space
(d) whether biology was a science worth pursuing
4. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
(a) it works very slowly
(b) it is passed by contact with an infected individual
(c) the agent must have transmitted itself through the air
(d) it doesn't seem to affect dogs
5. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
(a) that he is young and has a long life ahead of him
(b) that he's been wasting it
(c) that these are the last few moments he will live
(d) that he is soon to start college
6. What does Jagger show Manchek on a conference call?
(a) the infrared film images of the town
(b) a red coded phone that connects to Wildfire
(c) a paper with TOP SECRET printed on it
(d) he doesn't show them anything, they're on a phone
7. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
(a) they want to sell it to another country
(b) they're supposed to destroy it
(c) they're curious about what it looks like
(d) it is their mission to recover it
8. Who do they find alive in the town?
(a) the man in a white robe and a crying infant
(b) two children hiding under a porch
(c) no one
(d) a German shepard and a canary
9. On Jagger's film, one of the white images is in motion. What does that mean?
(a) there is a survivor
(b) the camera moved when it shot the picture
(c) the pilot went too fast when he shot the film
(d) there is a very large buzzard flying at almost ground level
10. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
11. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
(a) five underground levels connected by a central core
(b) as a skyscraper
(c) it looks like a large ranch
(d) in a pentagon, like the one in Washington
12. What does Stone find out about project Scoop on the way to the Wildfire lab?
(a) that the Scoop satellite in Piedmont is the first one sent up
(b) it was designed to obtain samples of alien bacterial life in space
(c) that a civilian billionaire is paying for it
(d) that NASA doesn't know about it
13. When Dr. Stone hears of Merrick's theory what does he do?
(a) he thinks there's nothing that can be done about it
(b) acts as an advocate for research into this possibility
(c) he thinks Merrick should be fired from his position
(d) he laughs at them
14. What is Manchek asked to do when he calls to alert Wildfire?
(a) to write up a report of the incident
(b) to meet with the scientists
(c) to destroy all evidence
(d) nothing, activating Wildfire is completely automated
15. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
(a) to take messages from the men's families
(b) to hit the emergency button if a virus gets out
(c) to monitor all incoming communications and inform the Wildfire team of any important developments
(d) to make sure no unauthorized person enters
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
2. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
3. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
4. Who is walking among the bodies?
5. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)