Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
(a) he orders it to be done as soon as Stone is out of Piedmont
(b) he doesn't know what directive 7-12 is
(c) decides to postpone Manchek's request for forty-eight hours
(d) calls for a TNT strike instead
2. What is Project Wildfire?
(a) a program they taught in scool
(b) a think tank of politicians
(c) a project to reforest burnt land
(d) a high-tech laboratory, plus a team of scientists
3. How does Burton appear to Stone?
(a) a monk in brown robes
(b) a young football player
(c) an absent-minded professor with sloppy clothes and untidy hair
(d) a sharp dresser and compulsive individual
4. What is Caper One?
(a) the name of Lt. Shawn's german shepard
(b) the name of the Scoop satellite's mission
(c) the name of Lt. Shawn's mission
(d) a set-up to catch a drug dealer
5. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
(a) that it's an emergency epidemic and to pack her bag
(b) that there must be some mistake, he'll go clear it up
(c) that he will be gone for an indefinite number of weeks
(d) that he'd see her tomorrow
6. Where is Mission Control for Project Scoop located?
(a) Vandenberg Airforce Base
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) NASA headquarters in Birmingham
(d) Ft. Sill, Oklahoma
7. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
(a) that a friend of his died from an alien virus a different Scoop brought back
(b) it has brought back other samples of alien life
(c) it's an attempt to engage in germ warfare by the U.S. military
(d) it is not under the control of Congress
8. Who do they find alive in the town?
(a) the man in a white robe and a crying infant
(b) two children hiding under a porch
(c) a German shepard and a canary
(d) no one
9. What does the narrator say about the men of Wildfire that will affect the outcome of the work?
(a) the men are actually aliens wanting to harm the world
(b) the men are only looking after their own interest
(c) the men have some fatal flaws, which will escalate the crisis
(d) the men don't really know what to do
10. What does Lt. Shawn do as he approaches Piedmont?
(a) leaves his radio on after calling in
(b) stops and tells Private Crane to get out and wait for him on the hill
(c) pulls on a biological agent suit
(d) turns off his headlights so no one can see him
11. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
(a) because he had a great personality
(b) because they needed one medical doctor
(c) because they needed one scientist who wasn't married
(d) officials who believe in The Odd Man Hypothesis wanted him
12. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
(a) he is fascinated with Wildfire and excited to be working on it
(b) he's skeptical that it is necessary
(c) he's indifferent
(d) he misses his wife and wishes he hadn't been called
13. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
(a) the briefing about space travel
(b) the briefing he received on Project Wildfire
(c) about what to do in a state of emergency
(d) about the briefing on how to call the President
14. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
(a) the blood has hard, white nodules in it
(b) nothing, they never cut open a victim's wrist
(c) the blood is no longer liquid; it resembles a red sponge
(d) the blood has turned green
15. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
(a) hesitates before making his next move
(b) takes a helicopter to Piedmont
(c) calls out the National Guard
(d) calls the President of the United States
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jagger show Manchek on a conference call?
2. On the way to Wildfire, what does Dr. Leavitt tell Dr. Hall to do?
3. What does Samuel "Gunner" Wilson, pilot of the Scavenger plane see as he flies over Piedmont?
4. What does Dr. Hall think about the Wildfire project?
5. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)