|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) they don't do anything
(b) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
(c) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
(d) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
2. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
(a) solar flares occuring
(b) that water fell on the film
(c) human bodies, dead or alive
(d) that the camera picked up the flares on the ground
3. What does Hall do about his appointment to Wildfire?
(a) he asks for all the information so he can keep abreast of new developments
(b) nothing, he has never taken his commitment to Wildfire seriously
(c) he demands to appoint a friend of his to the project
(d) he demands more money than the government is offering
4. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
(a) studying the effects of bacteria on human tissues
(b) he studies the effects of sunlight on viruses
(c) he's an expert on zero gravity effect on growth of plants
(d) he experiments with human DNA
5. What did English biophysicist, J.J. Merrick, discuss at a biological symposium?
(a) whether biology was a science worth pursuing
(b) the improbability of life in space
(c) the probabilities of first contact with an alien species
(d) whether humans should go into space
6. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
(a) the man in the white robe talking to Shawn
(b) someone pounding on Lt. Shawn's van door
(c) two dogs barking and growling at each other
(d) Crane calling out in a high-pitched scream
7. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
(a) all the houses are lit up
(b) no activity in the town
(c) a big town party in the center of town
(d) a pack of dogs are barking at a door
8. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
(a) it has brought back other samples of alien life
(b) it is not under the control of Congress
(c) that a friend of his died from an alien virus a different Scoop brought back
(d) it's an attempt to engage in germ warfare by the U.S. military
9. What does the narrator say the nature of all national crises prior to the scientific boom was?
(a) all national crises were medical in nature
(b) all national crises were educational in nature
(c) all national crises were economical in nature
(d) all national crises were political in nature
10. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
(a) take a shower and put on scrubs
(b) strip off their clothes and ride to level five naked
(c) get on the elevator and push the button
(d) personnel are required to undergo stringent decontamination and quarantine procedures
11. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
(a) the National Guard
(b) a limited thermo-nuclear strike to sanitize the area
(c) a thousand ultraviolet lights
(d) a load of pesticides to spray on Piedmont
12. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
(a) that he'd see her tomorrow
(b) that it's an emergency epidemic and to pack her bag
(c) that he will be gone for an indefinite number of weeks
(d) that there must be some mistake, he'll go clear it up
13. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
(a) the facility is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device
(b) that it's located in a mountain near Denver
(c) that it has fifteen rooms on each floor
(d) that it was made to look like a little town
14. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
(a) to monitor all incoming communications and inform the Wildfire team of any important developments
(b) to make sure no unauthorized person enters
(c) to hit the emergency button if a virus gets out
(d) to take messages from the men's families
15. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
(b) crisis always have a beginning and end
(c) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
(d) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
2. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
3. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
4. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
5. What does Stone say the government should do about the possibility of alien bacteria?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)