|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
(a) he's skeptical that it is necessary
(b) he misses his wife and wishes he hadn't been called
(c) he's indifferent
(d) he is fascinated with Wildfire and excited to be working on it
2. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
(b) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(c) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
(d) they don't do anything
3. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
(a) personnel are required to undergo stringent decontamination and quarantine procedures
(b) strip off their clothes and ride to level five naked
(c) get on the elevator and push the button
(d) take a shower and put on scrubs
4. What does Dr. Hall notice about Dr. Leavitt as they get in the sedan that was sent for them?
(a) he looks a lot younger than his age
(b) Leavitt turns his head away from the flashing lights on top of the sedan.
(c) he's limping on his right leg
(d) his hair has thinned on top
5. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
(a) that the camera picked up the flares on the ground
(b) solar flares occuring
(c) human bodies, dead or alive
(d) that water fell on the film
6. What does Hall believe about the possibility of a real Wildfire crisis?
(a) he doesn't think the US is capable of space travel
(b) he believes the project is theoretical and never expects to be called
(c) he can't think of any reason he would be helpful in that type of work
(d) he doesn't believe any bacteria could survive space
7. What does Dr. Hall think about the Wildfire project?
(a) that the government can't do anything right, including Wildfire
(b) he believed the whole project was theoretical and never expected to actually be called
(c) that the government is totally paronoid
(d) it is a stupid waste of money
8. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
(a) a load of pesticides to spray on Piedmont
(b) the National Guard
(c) a thousand ultraviolet lights
(d) a limited thermo-nuclear strike to sanitize the area
9. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
(b) crisis always have a beginning and end
(c) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
(d) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
10. When the communication specialist checks the equipment, what does he find?
(a) the communications computer appears to be functioning perfectly
(b) there's something wrong with the communication system
(c) he's sees a computer monitor that is turned off
(d) there's paper stopping the bell from ringing
11. Who is Major Arthur Manchek?
(a) the man who came up with the Wildfire idea
(b) advisor to the president on the Scoop project
(c) Chief Duty Officer and man in charge of all Scoop Project activities
(d) the air force officer who flew a jet over Piedmont
12. What does Hall do about his appointment to Wildfire?
(a) he asks for all the information so he can keep abreast of new developments
(b) he demands more money than the government is offering
(c) he demands to appoint a friend of his to the project
(d) nothing, he has never taken his commitment to Wildfire seriously
13. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
(a) he orders a helicopter to Piedmont
(b) he orders Lt. Comcoe to send a message to Crane on a secret channel
(c) he orders a national guard unit into Piedmont
(d) he orders a Scavenger plane to make a flyby over Piedmont
14. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
(a) to make sure no unauthorized person enters
(b) to monitor all incoming communications and inform the Wildfire team of any important developments
(c) to hit the emergency button if a virus gets out
(d) to take messages from the men's families
15. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
(a) it's very hot in Piedmont right now
(b) Crane and Shawn might still be alive
(c) it's quite cold in Piedmont right now
(d) forty-seven of the bodies are definitely dead
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Project Wildfire?
2. What does Project Wildfire do?
3. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
4. On Jagger's film, one of the white images is in motion. What does that mean?
5. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)