|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Merrick theorize?
(a) the first alien species encountered by man would be a bacterium
(b) that alien species would be hostile
(c) that alien species would contact earth
(d) that alien species could not exist
2. What does Lt. Comroe at mission control do when told about the bodies?
(a) starts to shake and runs out of the room
(b) calls for a security lock down
(d) calls his sister and tells her to get out of Arizona
3. What is Dr. Stone doing when the military shows up at his door?
(a) saying good-bye to dinner guests
(b) reading the newspaper
(c) he's not there, he's at work
4. On the way to Wildfire, what does Dr. Leavitt tell Dr. Hall to do?
(a) make out his will
(b) to read the project file before arriving at Wildfire
(c) call his mother and tell her where he is
(d) take Leavitt's blood pressure
5. On Jagger's film, one of the white images is in motion. What does that mean?
(a) the pilot went too fast when he shot the film
(b) there is a very large buzzard flying at almost ground level
(c) the camera moved when it shot the picture
(d) there is a survivor
6. What does Hall believe about the possibility of a real Wildfire crisis?
(a) he doesn't think the US is capable of space travel
(b) he can't think of any reason he would be helpful in that type of work
(c) he doesn't believe any bacteria could survive space
(d) he believes the project is theoretical and never expects to be called
7. What is Project Wildfire?
(a) a project to reforest burnt land
(b) a program they taught in scool
(c) a high-tech laboratory, plus a team of scientists
(d) a think tank of politicians
8. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
(a) someone pounding on Lt. Shawn's van door
(b) the man in the white robe talking to Shawn
(c) Crane calling out in a high-pitched scream
(d) two dogs barking and growling at each other
9. When Dr. Stone hears of Merrick's theory what does he do?
(a) he laughs at them
(b) he thinks there's nothing that can be done about it
(c) he thinks Merrick should be fired from his position
(d) acts as an advocate for research into this possibility
10. How does Stone feel about Hall's appointment?
(a) he's decided fate must have a reason
(b) he's indifferent to it
(c) it's against his wishes
(d) he's happy and enthusiastic about it
11. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
(a) strip off their clothes and ride to level five naked
(b) get on the elevator and push the button
(c) take a shower and put on scrubs
(d) personnel are required to undergo stringent decontamination and quarantine procedures
12. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
(a) it looks like a large ranch
(b) as a skyscraper
(c) five underground levels connected by a central core
(d) in a pentagon, like the one in Washington
13. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
(a) about what to do in a state of emergency
(b) the briefing about space travel
(c) the briefing he received on Project Wildfire
(d) about the briefing on how to call the President
14. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
(a) calls out the National Guard
(b) hesitates before making his next move
(c) calls the President of the United States
(d) takes a helicopter to Piedmont
15. When they arrive at Piedmont, what do Burton and Stone do first?
(a) call in the National Guard
(b) go to the recon van and honk the horn over and over
(c) drag the dead bodies to a central location
(d) find the satellite and put it in a container
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
2. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
3. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
4. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
5. What do they see in the sky over Piedmont?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)