|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is walking among the bodies?
(a) a couple of house cats
(b) the town doctor
(c) an old man in a white robe
(d) several dogs pulling on the clothes
2. What did Merrick theorize?
(a) that alien species would be hostile
(b) that alien species would contact earth
(c) the first alien species encountered by man would be a bacterium
(d) that alien species could not exist
3. What does Hall believe about the possibility of a real Wildfire crisis?
(a) he doesn't believe any bacteria could survive space
(b) he doesn't think the US is capable of space travel
(c) he believes the project is theoretical and never expects to be called
(d) he can't think of any reason he would be helpful in that type of work
4. What does Project Wildfire do?
(a) investigates any epidepic of Asian origin
(b) investigates possible extraterrestrial life forms introduced to earth by returning spacecraft.
(c) investigates NASA projects
(d) investigates forest fires in America
5. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
(a) IN CASE OF FIRE -- Notify Division 87 -- Emergencies Only
(b) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the FBI
(c) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify SECURITY OFFICER 37
(d) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the fire department
6. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
(a) hesitates before making his next move
(b) calls out the National Guard
(c) takes a helicopter to Piedmont
(d) calls the President of the United States
7. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
(a) five underground levels connected by a central core
(b) as a skyscraper
(c) it looks like a large ranch
(d) in a pentagon, like the one in Washington
8. When the communication specialist checks the equipment, what does he find?
(a) there's something wrong with the communication system
(b) he's sees a computer monitor that is turned off
(c) the communications computer appears to be functioning perfectly
(d) there's paper stopping the bell from ringing
9. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
(a) to hit the emergency button if a virus gets out
(b) to monitor all incoming communications and inform the Wildfire team of any important developments
(c) to take messages from the men's families
(d) to make sure no unauthorized person enters
10. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
(a) strip off their clothes and ride to level five naked
(b) personnel are required to undergo stringent decontamination and quarantine procedures
(c) get on the elevator and push the button
(d) take a shower and put on scrubs
11. What is Project Wildfire?
(a) a think tank of politicians
(b) a high-tech laboratory, plus a team of scientists
(c) a program they taught in scool
(d) a project to reforest burnt land
12. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
13. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
(a) he orders a national guard unit into Piedmont
(b) he orders a Scavenger plane to make a flyby over Piedmont
(c) he orders Lt. Comcoe to send a message to Crane on a secret channel
(d) he orders a helicopter to Piedmont
14. What does Private Crane do for Lt. Shawn?
(a) he is Lt. Shawn's electronics technician
(b) cooks his meals
(c) drives the van
(d) nothing, there is no Private Crane
15. What concerned Merrick about alien encounters?
(a) the possibility of a plague resulting from an alien bacteria
(b) that their technology would be much better than ours
(c) that they would be hostile and superior
(d) that they have been kidnapping humans for years
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
2. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
3. What is Dr. Stone doing when the military shows up at his door?
4. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
5. What does the Department of Defense do about Stone's proposal?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)