|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the nature of all national crises prior to the scientific boom was?
(a) all national crises were political in nature
(b) all national crises were medical in nature
(c) all national crises were economical in nature
(d) all national crises were educational in nature
2. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
(b) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
(c) crisis always have a beginning and end
(d) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
3. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
4. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
(a) he orders Lt. Comcoe to send a message to Crane on a secret channel
(b) he orders a helicopter to Piedmont
(c) he orders a national guard unit into Piedmont
(d) he orders a Scavenger plane to make a flyby over Piedmont
5. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
(a) that it has fifteen rooms on each floor
(b) that it's located in a mountain near Denver
(c) the facility is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device
(d) that it was made to look like a little town
6. What does Project Wildfire do?
(a) investigates any epidepic of Asian origin
(b) investigates NASA projects
(c) investigates possible extraterrestrial life forms introduced to earth by returning spacecraft.
(d) investigates forest fires in America
7. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
(a) it is not under the control of Congress
(b) it's an attempt to engage in germ warfare by the U.S. military
(c) it has brought back other samples of alien life
(d) that a friend of his died from an alien virus a different Scoop brought back
8. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
(a) the advent of modern science
(b) the discovery of an alien space ship
(c) the invasion of aliens
(d) the discovery of the atom
9. What is Caper One?
(a) a set-up to catch a drug dealer
(b) the name of the Scoop satellite's mission
(c) the name of Lt. Shawn's german shepard
(d) the name of Lt. Shawn's mission
10. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
(a) the traffic light doesn't work
(b) no people on the streets
(c) just a town with people going about their business
(d) dead bodies in the middle of the street
11. What does Hall do about his appointment to Wildfire?
(a) nothing, he has never taken his commitment to Wildfire seriously
(b) he demands to appoint a friend of his to the project
(c) he asks for all the information so he can keep abreast of new developments
(d) he demands more money than the government is offering
12. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
(b) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(c) they don't do anything
(d) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
13. What does Lt. Shawn do as he approaches Piedmont?
(a) leaves his radio on after calling in
(b) pulls on a biological agent suit
(c) stops and tells Private Crane to get out and wait for him on the hill
(d) turns off his headlights so no one can see him
14. When the communication specialist checks the equipment, what does he find?
(a) he's sees a computer monitor that is turned off
(b) the communications computer appears to be functioning perfectly
(c) there's paper stopping the bell from ringing
(d) there's something wrong with the communication system
15. What is Manchek asked to do when he calls to alert Wildfire?
(a) nothing, activating Wildfire is completely automated
(b) to destroy all evidence
(c) to meet with the scientists
(d) to write up a report of the incident
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
2. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
3. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
4. What does Samuel "Gunner" Wilson, pilot of the Scavenger plane see as he flies over Piedmont?
5. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)