|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stone feel about Hall's appointment?
(a) he's happy and enthusiastic about it
(b) it's against his wishes
(c) he's decided fate must have a reason
(d) he's indifferent to it
2. What did Merrick theorize?
(a) the first alien species encountered by man would be a bacterium
(b) that alien species could not exist
(c) that alien species would be hostile
(d) that alien species would contact earth
3. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
(a) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the FBI
(b) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the fire department
(c) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify SECURITY OFFICER 37
(d) IN CASE OF FIRE -- Notify Division 87 -- Emergencies Only
4. What does Lt. Comroe at mission control do when told about the bodies?
(b) starts to shake and runs out of the room
(c) calls his sister and tells her to get out of Arizona
(d) calls for a security lock down
5. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
(a) the facility is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device
(b) that it was made to look like a little town
(c) that it's located in a mountain near Denver
(d) that it has fifteen rooms on each floor
6. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
(a) that these are the last few moments he will live
(b) that he is young and has a long life ahead of him
(c) that he's been wasting it
(d) that he is soon to start college
7. What does Samuel "Gunner" Wilson, pilot of the Scavenger plane see as he flies over Piedmont?
(a) he doesn't see anything, it's too dark
(b) an old Ford with its lights flashing
(c) the white robed man jumping up and down and waving
(d) a line of bodies stretched out below him in the center of Piedmont.
8. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
(a) that water fell on the film
(b) solar flares occuring
(c) that the camera picked up the flares on the ground
(d) human bodies, dead or alive
9. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
(a) they want to sell it to another country
(b) it is their mission to recover it
(c) they're curious about what it looks like
(d) they're supposed to destroy it
10. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
(a) he experiments with human DNA
(b) he's an expert on zero gravity effect on growth of plants
(c) studying the effects of bacteria on human tissues
(d) he studies the effects of sunlight on viruses
11. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
(a) a viable solar energy system and splitting the atom
(b) finding a vaccine for small pox and the Andromeda Strain
(c) the atomic energy and space capability crises
(d) the flu epidemic of 1918 and electrical power generation
12. When Dr. Stone hears of Merrick's theory what does he do?
(a) he laughs at them
(b) acts as an advocate for research into this possibility
(c) he thinks Merrick should be fired from his position
(d) he thinks there's nothing that can be done about it
13. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
(a) in a pentagon, like the one in Washington
(b) it looks like a large ranch
(c) as a skyscraper
(d) five underground levels connected by a central core
14. What does Stone say the government should do about the possibility of alien bacteria?
(a) they shouldn't do anything unless it happens
(b) they should sit up a comittee and study the question
(c) they should offer a grant to Stone to look at the question
(d) the government should construct a laboratory equipped to handle dangerous alien bacteria
15. On Jagger's film, one of the white images is in motion. What does that mean?
(a) the pilot went too fast when he shot the film
(b) there is a very large buzzard flying at almost ground level
(c) the camera moved when it shot the picture
(d) there is a survivor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Department of Defense do about Stone's proposal?
2. What does Hall believe about the possibility of a real Wildfire crisis?
3. What is Project Wildfire?
4. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
5. What does Dr. Hall think about the Wildfire project?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)