|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
(a) that the camera picked up the flares on the ground
(b) human bodies, dead or alive
(c) solar flares occuring
(d) that water fell on the film
2. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
(a) as a skyscraper
(b) five underground levels connected by a central core
(c) in a pentagon, like the one in Washington
(d) it looks like a large ranch
3. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
(b) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
(c) they don't do anything
(d) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
4. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
(a) nothing, they never cut open a victim's wrist
(b) the blood has turned green
(c) the blood has hard, white nodules in it
(d) the blood is no longer liquid; it resembles a red sponge
5. When the communication specialist checks the equipment, what does he find?
(a) the communications computer appears to be functioning perfectly
(b) there's something wrong with the communication system
(c) he's sees a computer monitor that is turned off
(d) there's paper stopping the bell from ringing
6. What do they see in the sky over Piedmont?
(a) a radio blaring rock music
(b) a couple of teenagers breaking into a store
(c) large black birds flying in a circular pattern
(d) two cats fighting on a fence
7. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
(a) takes his dog for a walk
(b) decides to call for a state of emergency
(c) meets his wife for breakfast
(d) goes to bed
8. What does Project Wildfire do?
(a) investigates forest fires in America
(b) investigates NASA projects
(c) investigates possible extraterrestrial life forms introduced to earth by returning spacecraft.
(d) investigates any epidepic of Asian origin
9. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
(a) it's an attempt to engage in germ warfare by the U.S. military
(b) it is not under the control of Congress
(c) it has brought back other samples of alien life
(d) that a friend of his died from an alien virus a different Scoop brought back
10. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
(a) decides to postpone Manchek's request for forty-eight hours
(b) calls for a TNT strike instead
(c) he orders it to be done as soon as Stone is out of Piedmont
(d) he doesn't know what directive 7-12 is
11. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
(a) take a shower and put on scrubs
(b) strip off their clothes and ride to level five naked
(c) personnel are required to undergo stringent decontamination and quarantine procedures
(d) get on the elevator and push the button
12. What did Merrick theorize?
(a) that alien species could not exist
(b) the first alien species encountered by man would be a bacterium
(c) that alien species would be hostile
(d) that alien species would contact earth
13. What concerned Merrick about alien encounters?
(a) the possibility of a plague resulting from an alien bacteria
(b) that they have been kidnapping humans for years
(c) that their technology would be much better than ours
(d) that they would be hostile and superior
14. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
(a) Dr. Charles Burton, professor at Baylor Medical School
(b) Dr. Byon Shelby
(c) Dr. Kathleen Coller
(d) Dr. Steven Levine
15. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
(a) the invasion of aliens
(b) the advent of modern science
(c) the discovery of an alien space ship
(d) the discovery of the atom
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
2. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
3. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
4. What does Hall believe about the possibility of a real Wildfire crisis?
5. What does Hall do about his appointment to Wildfire?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)