|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
(b) crisis always have a beginning and end
(c) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
(d) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
2. What is Caper One?
(a) a set-up to catch a drug dealer
(b) the name of Lt. Shawn's german shepard
(c) the name of the Scoop satellite's mission
(d) the name of Lt. Shawn's mission
3. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
(a) that he is soon to start college
(b) that he's been wasting it
(c) that these are the last few moments he will live
(d) that he is young and has a long life ahead of him
4. On the way to Wildfire, what does Dr. Leavitt tell Dr. Hall to do?
(a) to read the project file before arriving at Wildfire
(b) call his mother and tell her where he is
(c) take Leavitt's blood pressure
(d) make out his will
5. What does the Department of Defense do about Stone's proposal?
(a) refuses to help
(b) tells Stone he'll have to join the military to do anything
(c) says the military can take care of any aliens
(d) allocates $22 million for construction of a special, isolated laboratory
6. Who is in the van with Lt. Shawn?
(a) his dog, a german shepard
(b) no one, he's alone
(c) Private Lewis Crane
(d) his brother and nephew
7. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
(a) it is not under the control of Congress
(b) it has brought back other samples of alien life
(c) that a friend of his died from an alien virus a different Scoop brought back
(d) it's an attempt to engage in germ warfare by the U.S. military
8. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
(a) the facility is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device
(b) that it's located in a mountain near Denver
(c) that it has fifteen rooms on each floor
(d) that it was made to look like a little town
9. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
(a) he has to call the White House
(b) he has to call his superior officer
(c) his contact is in the next building on the base
(d) he has been given a business card with a contact number
10. What does Lt. Shawn do as he approaches Piedmont?
(a) leaves his radio on after calling in
(b) stops and tells Private Crane to get out and wait for him on the hill
(c) turns off his headlights so no one can see him
(d) pulls on a biological agent suit
11. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
(a) it doesn't seem to affect dogs
(b) it is passed by contact with an infected individual
(c) the agent must have transmitted itself through the air
(d) it works very slowly
12. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
(a) just a town with people going about their business
(b) the traffic light doesn't work
(c) no people on the streets
(d) dead bodies in the middle of the street
13. What did English biophysicist, J.J. Merrick, discuss at a biological symposium?
(a) whether humans should go into space
(b) the improbability of life in space
(c) whether biology was a science worth pursuing
(d) the probabilities of first contact with an alien species
14. What is the first response to Mancheck's call to Wildfire?
(a) to call the White House
(b) to call each scientist on the list
(c) to shut down the electricity around Piedmont
(d) a top-secret cable is issued informing other military units
15. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
(b) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
(c) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(d) they don't do anything
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mission Control for Project Scoop located?
2. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
3. What is Project Wildfire?
4. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
5. Who is Major Arthur Manchek?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)