|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the communication specialist checks the equipment, what does he find?
(a) he's sees a computer monitor that is turned off
(b) there's something wrong with the communication system
(c) the communications computer appears to be functioning perfectly
(d) there's paper stopping the bell from ringing
2. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
(a) to make sure no unauthorized person enters
(b) to monitor all incoming communications and inform the Wildfire team of any important developments
(c) to take messages from the men's families
(d) to hit the emergency button if a virus gets out
3. Who is walking among the bodies?
(a) the town doctor
(b) a couple of house cats
(c) several dogs pulling on the clothes
(d) an old man in a white robe
4. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
(a) no activity in the town
(b) a pack of dogs are barking at a door
(c) all the houses are lit up
(d) a big town party in the center of town
5. Who do they find alive in the town?
(a) a German shepard and a canary
(b) the man in a white robe and a crying infant
(c) two children hiding under a porch
(d) no one
6. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
(a) a file on Wildfire
(b) a file on the crisis
(c) a telephone to call other scientist
(d) a handgun
7. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
(a) the town of Piedmont, Arizona
(b) a couple of bears
(c) his brother's backyard
(d) two purple vans with peace symbols
8. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) they don't do anything
(b) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(c) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
(d) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
9. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
(a) he orders a national guard unit into Piedmont
(b) he orders Lt. Comcoe to send a message to Crane on a secret channel
(c) he orders a Scavenger plane to make a flyby over Piedmont
(d) he orders a helicopter to Piedmont
10. What does Lt. Shawn do as he approaches Piedmont?
(a) leaves his radio on after calling in
(b) turns off his headlights so no one can see him
(c) stops and tells Private Crane to get out and wait for him on the hill
(d) pulls on a biological agent suit
11. What doesn't the government tell Stone about Scoop?
(a) it is not under the control of Congress
(b) it has brought back other samples of alien life
(c) that a friend of his died from an alien virus a different Scoop brought back
(d) it's an attempt to engage in germ warfare by the U.S. military
12. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
(b) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
(c) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
(d) crisis always have a beginning and end
13. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
(a) takes his dog for a walk
(b) decides to call for a state of emergency
(c) goes to bed
(d) meets his wife for breakfast
14. What does Stone say the government should do about the possibility of alien bacteria?
(a) they should offer a grant to Stone to look at the question
(b) the government should construct a laboratory equipped to handle dangerous alien bacteria
(c) they should sit up a comittee and study the question
(d) they shouldn't do anything unless it happens
15. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
(a) nothing, they never cut open a victim's wrist
(b) the blood has turned green
(c) the blood is no longer liquid; it resembles a red sponge
(d) the blood has hard, white nodules in it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Department of Defense do about Stone's proposal?
2. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
3. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
4. On the way to Wildfire, what does Dr. Leavitt tell Dr. Hall to do?
5. What did English biophysicist, J.J. Merrick, discuss at a biological symposium?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)