|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do they find alive in the town?
(a) no one
(b) the man in a white robe and a crying infant
(c) two children hiding under a porch
(d) a German shepard and a canary
2. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
(a) no activity in the town
(b) a big town party in the center of town
(c) all the houses are lit up
(d) a pack of dogs are barking at a door
3. What does Stone find out about project Scoop on the way to the Wildfire lab?
(a) that a civilian billionaire is paying for it
(b) that the Scoop satellite in Piedmont is the first one sent up
(c) that NASA doesn't know about it
(d) it was designed to obtain samples of alien bacterial life in space
4. What does Hall do about his appointment to Wildfire?
(a) he demands more money than the government is offering
(b) he demands to appoint a friend of his to the project
(c) he asks for all the information so he can keep abreast of new developments
(d) nothing, he has never taken his commitment to Wildfire seriously
5. What concerned Merrick about alien encounters?
(a) that they would be hostile and superior
(b) that they have been kidnapping humans for years
(c) that their technology would be much better than ours
(d) the possibility of a plague resulting from an alien bacteria
6. Who is Major Arthur Manchek?
(a) the man who came up with the Wildfire idea
(b) advisor to the president on the Scoop project
(c) the air force officer who flew a jet over Piedmont
(d) Chief Duty Officer and man in charge of all Scoop Project activities
7. What does Private Crane do for Lt. Shawn?
(a) drives the van
(b) cooks his meals
(c) nothing, there is no Private Crane
(d) he is Lt. Shawn's electronics technician
8. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
(a) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify SECURITY OFFICER 37
(b) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the fire department
(c) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the FBI
(d) IN CASE OF FIRE -- Notify Division 87 -- Emergencies Only
9. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
(a) goes to bed
(b) takes his dog for a walk
(c) meets his wife for breakfast
(d) decides to call for a state of emergency
10. What do they see in the sky over Piedmont?
(a) a couple of teenagers breaking into a store
(b) two cats fighting on a fence
(c) large black birds flying in a circular pattern
(d) a radio blaring rock music
11. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
(a) decides to postpone Manchek's request for forty-eight hours
(b) he orders it to be done as soon as Stone is out of Piedmont
(c) he doesn't know what directive 7-12 is
(d) calls for a TNT strike instead
12. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(b) they don't do anything
(c) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
(d) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
13. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
14. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
(a) Dr. Kathleen Coller
(b) Dr. Byon Shelby
(c) Dr. Steven Levine
(d) Dr. Charles Burton, professor at Baylor Medical School
15. What does the narrator say about the men of Wildfire that will affect the outcome of the work?
(a) the men are actually aliens wanting to harm the world
(b) the men don't really know what to do
(c) the men have some fatal flaws, which will escalate the crisis
(d) the men are only looking after their own interest
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Project Wildfire?
2. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
3. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
4. When Dr. Stone hears of Merrick's theory what does he do?
5. What does Jagger show Manchek on a conference call?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)