|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Merrick theorize?
(a) the first alien species encountered by man would be a bacterium
(b) that alien species would be hostile
(c) that alien species could not exist
(d) that alien species would contact earth
2. What does Stone say the government should do about the possibility of alien bacteria?
(a) they should offer a grant to Stone to look at the question
(b) they shouldn't do anything unless it happens
(c) they should sit up a comittee and study the question
(d) the government should construct a laboratory equipped to handle dangerous alien bacteria
3. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
(a) that he is young and has a long life ahead of him
(b) that he is soon to start college
(c) that he's been wasting it
(d) that these are the last few moments he will live
4. What does Jagger show Manchek on a conference call?
(a) the infrared film images of the town
(b) a red coded phone that connects to Wildfire
(c) he doesn't show them anything, they're on a phone
(d) a paper with TOP SECRET printed on it
5. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
(a) that it has fifteen rooms on each floor
(b) the facility is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device
(c) that it's located in a mountain near Denver
(d) that it was made to look like a little town
6. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
(a) that he will be gone for an indefinite number of weeks
(b) that it's an emergency epidemic and to pack her bag
(c) that there must be some mistake, he'll go clear it up
(d) that he'd see her tomorrow
7. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
(b) they don't do anything
(c) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(d) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
8. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
(a) the town of Piedmont, Arizona
(b) his brother's backyard
(c) two purple vans with peace symbols
(d) a couple of bears
9. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
(a) just a town with people going about their business
(b) no people on the streets
(c) the traffic light doesn't work
(d) dead bodies in the middle of the street
10. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
11. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
(a) a handgun
(b) a telephone to call other scientist
(c) a file on Wildfire
(d) a file on the crisis
12. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
(a) he doesn't know what directive 7-12 is
(b) calls for a TNT strike instead
(c) he orders it to be done as soon as Stone is out of Piedmont
(d) decides to postpone Manchek's request for forty-eight hours
13. What is Manchek asked to do when he calls to alert Wildfire?
(a) nothing, activating Wildfire is completely automated
(b) to destroy all evidence
(c) to write up a report of the incident
(d) to meet with the scientists
14. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
(a) Dr. Kathleen Coller
(b) Dr. Charles Burton, professor at Baylor Medical School
(c) Dr. Steven Levine
(d) Dr. Byon Shelby
15. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
(a) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the FBI
(b) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the fire department
(c) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify SECURITY OFFICER 37
(d) IN CASE OF FIRE -- Notify Division 87 -- Emergencies Only
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerned Merrick about alien encounters?
2. What is Project Wildfire?
3. What does the Department of Defense do about Stone's proposal?
4. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
5. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)