|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Stone hears of Merrick's theory what does he do?
(a) he laughs at them
(b) he thinks Merrick should be fired from his position
(c) he thinks there's nothing that can be done about it
(d) acts as an advocate for research into this possibility
2. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
(a) because they needed one scientist who wasn't married
(b) officials who believe in The Odd Man Hypothesis wanted him
(c) because they needed one medical doctor
(d) because he had a great personality
3. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
(a) no activity in the town
(b) a pack of dogs are barking at a door
(c) a big town party in the center of town
(d) all the houses are lit up
4. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
(a) to hit the emergency button if a virus gets out
(b) to make sure no unauthorized person enters
(c) to take messages from the men's families
(d) to monitor all incoming communications and inform the Wildfire team of any important developments
5. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
(a) no people on the streets
(b) dead bodies in the middle of the street
(c) just a town with people going about their business
(d) the traffic light doesn't work
6. What does Dr. Hall notice about Dr. Leavitt as they get in the sedan that was sent for them?
(a) his hair has thinned on top
(b) he's limping on his right leg
(c) Leavitt turns his head away from the flashing lights on top of the sedan.
(d) he looks a lot younger than his age
7. How does Stone feel about Hall's appointment?
(a) he's decided fate must have a reason
(b) he's indifferent to it
(c) he's happy and enthusiastic about it
(d) it's against his wishes
8. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
(a) that it has fifteen rooms on each floor
(b) that it's located in a mountain near Denver
(c) that it was made to look like a little town
(d) the facility is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device
9. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
(a) Crane and Shawn might still be alive
(b) it's very hot in Piedmont right now
(c) forty-seven of the bodies are definitely dead
(d) it's quite cold in Piedmont right now
10. What is the first response to Mancheck's call to Wildfire?
(a) to shut down the electricity around Piedmont
(b) a top-secret cable is issued informing other military units
(c) to call the White House
(d) to call each scientist on the list
11. How does Burton appear to Stone?
(a) an absent-minded professor with sloppy clothes and untidy hair
(b) a sharp dresser and compulsive individual
(c) a monk in brown robes
(d) a young football player
12. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
(a) Dr. Steven Levine
(b) Dr. Kathleen Coller
(c) Dr. Charles Burton, professor at Baylor Medical School
(d) Dr. Byon Shelby
13. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(b) they don't do anything
(c) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
(d) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
14. What does the Department of Defense do about Stone's proposal?
(a) allocates $22 million for construction of a special, isolated laboratory
(b) says the military can take care of any aliens
(c) refuses to help
(d) tells Stone he'll have to join the military to do anything
15. What is Dr. Stone doing when the military shows up at his door?
(a) saying good-bye to dinner guests
(b) he's not there, he's at work
(c) reading the newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mission Control for Project Scoop located?
2. What does Jagger show Manchek on a conference call?
3. What does Samuel "Gunner" Wilson, pilot of the Scavenger plane see as he flies over Piedmont?
4. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
5. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)