|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
(a) the man in the white robe talking to Shawn
(b) Crane calling out in a high-pitched scream
(c) two dogs barking and growling at each other
(d) someone pounding on Lt. Shawn's van door
2. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
(a) human bodies, dead or alive
(b) solar flares occuring
(c) that water fell on the film
(d) that the camera picked up the flares on the ground
3. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
(a) strip off their clothes and ride to level five naked
(b) take a shower and put on scrubs
(c) get on the elevator and push the button
(d) personnel are required to undergo stringent decontamination and quarantine procedures
4. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
(a) the blood is no longer liquid; it resembles a red sponge
(b) the blood has turned green
(c) nothing, they never cut open a victim's wrist
(d) the blood has hard, white nodules in it
5. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
(a) he studies the effects of sunlight on viruses
(b) he's an expert on zero gravity effect on growth of plants
(c) studying the effects of bacteria on human tissues
(d) he experiments with human DNA
6. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
(a) the discovery of the atom
(b) the advent of modern science
(c) the discovery of an alien space ship
(d) the invasion of aliens
7. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
(a) calls the President of the United States
(b) hesitates before making his next move
(c) takes a helicopter to Piedmont
(d) calls out the National Guard
8. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
(a) to be able to track aircraft
(b) to find a good radio station
(c) to triangulate the position of the Scoop satellite
(d) to find the town of Piedmont
9. What do they see in the sky over Piedmont?
(a) two cats fighting on a fence
(b) a couple of teenagers breaking into a store
(c) a radio blaring rock music
(d) large black birds flying in a circular pattern
10. What does the narrator say the nature of all national crises prior to the scientific boom was?
(a) all national crises were economical in nature
(b) all national crises were political in nature
(c) all national crises were educational in nature
(d) all national crises were medical in nature
11. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
(a) a file on Wildfire
(b) a handgun
(c) a telephone to call other scientist
(d) a file on the crisis
12. What does Samuel "Gunner" Wilson, pilot of the Scavenger plane see as he flies over Piedmont?
(a) an old Ford with its lights flashing
(b) he doesn't see anything, it's too dark
(c) a line of bodies stretched out below him in the center of Piedmont.
(d) the white robed man jumping up and down and waving
13. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
(a) they want to sell it to another country
(b) they're curious about what it looks like
(c) it is their mission to recover it
(d) they're supposed to destroy it
14. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
(a) Crane and Shawn might still be alive
(b) it's very hot in Piedmont right now
(c) forty-seven of the bodies are definitely dead
(d) it's quite cold in Piedmont right now
15. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
(a) decides to call for a state of emergency
(b) meets his wife for breakfast
(c) goes to bed
(d) takes his dog for a walk
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Project Wildfire do?
2. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
3. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
4. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
5. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)