|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
2. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
(a) he misses his wife and wishes he hadn't been called
(b) he's skeptical that it is necessary
(c) he is fascinated with Wildfire and excited to be working on it
(d) he's indifferent
3. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
(a) he studies the effects of sunlight on viruses
(b) he experiments with human DNA
(c) studying the effects of bacteria on human tissues
(d) he's an expert on zero gravity effect on growth of plants
4. What does the narrator say the nature of all national crises prior to the scientific boom was?
(a) all national crises were political in nature
(b) all national crises were economical in nature
(c) all national crises were educational in nature
(d) all national crises were medical in nature
5. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
(a) the agent must have transmitted itself through the air
(b) it doesn't seem to affect dogs
(c) it works very slowly
(d) it is passed by contact with an infected individual
6. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
(a) a file on the crisis
(b) a file on Wildfire
(c) a handgun
(d) a telephone to call other scientist
7. What is Manchek asked to do when he calls to alert Wildfire?
(a) to destroy all evidence
(b) to write up a report of the incident
(c) to meet with the scientists
(d) nothing, activating Wildfire is completely automated
8. What does the narrator say about the men of Wildfire that will affect the outcome of the work?
(a) the men are only looking after their own interest
(b) the men are actually aliens wanting to harm the world
(c) the men don't really know what to do
(d) the men have some fatal flaws, which will escalate the crisis
9. In Delta sector on Level I, a man sits before a giant communications console. What is his job?
(a) to take messages from the men's families
(b) to hit the emergency button if a virus gets out
(c) to make sure no unauthorized person enters
(d) to monitor all incoming communications and inform the Wildfire team of any important developments
10. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
(a) he orders a national guard unit into Piedmont
(b) he orders a Scavenger plane to make a flyby over Piedmont
(c) he orders a helicopter to Piedmont
(d) he orders Lt. Comcoe to send a message to Crane on a secret channel
11. What does Hall believe about the possibility of a real Wildfire crisis?
(a) he believes the project is theoretical and never expects to be called
(b) he doesn't think the US is capable of space travel
(c) he doesn't believe any bacteria could survive space
(d) he can't think of any reason he would be helpful in that type of work
12. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
(a) the National Guard
(b) a limited thermo-nuclear strike to sanitize the area
(c) a load of pesticides to spray on Piedmont
(d) a thousand ultraviolet lights
13. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crisis always have a beginning and end
(b) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
(c) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
(d) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
14. What does Samuel "Gunner" Wilson, pilot of the Scavenger plane see as he flies over Piedmont?
(a) a line of bodies stretched out below him in the center of Piedmont.
(b) an old Ford with its lights flashing
(c) the white robed man jumping up and down and waving
(d) he doesn't see anything, it's too dark
15. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
(b) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(c) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
(d) they don't do anything
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mission Control for Project Scoop located?
2. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
3. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
4. What did English biophysicist, J.J. Merrick, discuss at a biological symposium?
5. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)