|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
(a) he studies the effects of sunlight on viruses
(b) he experiments with human DNA
(c) he's an expert on zero gravity effect on growth of plants
(d) studying the effects of bacteria on human tissues
2. What did English biophysicist, J.J. Merrick, discuss at a biological symposium?
(a) whether humans should go into space
(b) whether biology was a science worth pursuing
(c) the probabilities of first contact with an alien species
(d) the improbability of life in space
3. When the communication specialist checks the equipment, what does he find?
(a) he's sees a computer monitor that is turned off
(b) the communications computer appears to be functioning perfectly
(c) there's something wrong with the communication system
(d) there's paper stopping the bell from ringing
4. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
(a) he's skeptical that it is necessary
(b) he is fascinated with Wildfire and excited to be working on it
(c) he's indifferent
(d) he misses his wife and wishes he hadn't been called
5. What does Samuel "Gunner" Wilson, pilot of the Scavenger plane see as he flies over Piedmont?
(a) the white robed man jumping up and down and waving
(b) he doesn't see anything, it's too dark
(c) a line of bodies stretched out below him in the center of Piedmont.
(d) an old Ford with its lights flashing
6. What does Project Wildfire do?
(a) investigates possible extraterrestrial life forms introduced to earth by returning spacecraft.
(b) investigates forest fires in America
(c) investigates any epidepic of Asian origin
(d) investigates NASA projects
7. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
(a) he doesn't know what directive 7-12 is
(b) calls for a TNT strike instead
(c) he orders it to be done as soon as Stone is out of Piedmont
(d) decides to postpone Manchek's request for forty-eight hours
8. What concerned Merrick about alien encounters?
(a) that they have been kidnapping humans for years
(b) the possibility of a plague resulting from an alien bacteria
(c) that they would be hostile and superior
(d) that their technology would be much better than ours
9. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
(a) that it's located in a mountain near Denver
(b) the facility is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device
(c) that it was made to look like a little town
(d) that it has fifteen rooms on each floor
10. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
(a) it looks like a large ranch
(b) in a pentagon, like the one in Washington
(c) five underground levels connected by a central core
(d) as a skyscraper
11. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
(a) his contact is in the next building on the base
(b) he has to call his superior officer
(c) he has been given a business card with a contact number
(d) he has to call the White House
12. How does Burton appear to Stone?
(a) a young football player
(b) an absent-minded professor with sloppy clothes and untidy hair
(c) a monk in brown robes
(d) a sharp dresser and compulsive individual
13. Who is walking among the bodies?
(a) several dogs pulling on the clothes
(b) an old man in a white robe
(c) the town doctor
(d) a couple of house cats
14. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
(a) it's quite cold in Piedmont right now
(b) Crane and Shawn might still be alive
(c) forty-seven of the bodies are definitely dead
(d) it's very hot in Piedmont right now
15. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
(a) takes a helicopter to Piedmont
(b) hesitates before making his next move
(c) calls out the National Guard
(d) calls the President of the United States
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Private Crane do for Lt. Shawn?
2. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
3. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
4. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
5. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)