|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
(a) meets his wife for breakfast
(b) decides to call for a state of emergency
(c) takes his dog for a walk
(d) goes to bed
2. When over the town, Stone and Burton see buzzards eating the bodies. What do they do?
(a) fly by low to scare the buzzards away
(b) they don't do anything
(c) drop gas canisters to kill the birds
(d) they drop a net to capture one of the birds
3. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
(a) nothing, they never cut open a victim's wrist
(b) the blood is no longer liquid; it resembles a red sponge
(c) the blood has turned green
(d) the blood has hard, white nodules in it
4. What does the narrator say about the men of Wildfire that will affect the outcome of the work?
(a) the men are only looking after their own interest
(b) the men are actually aliens wanting to harm the world
(c) the men have some fatal flaws, which will escalate the crisis
(d) the men don't really know what to do
5. What does the narrator say the nature of all national crises prior to the scientific boom was?
(a) all national crises were political in nature
(b) all national crises were medical in nature
(c) all national crises were economical in nature
(d) all national crises were educational in nature
6. What does Dr. Hall notice about Dr. Leavitt as they get in the sedan that was sent for them?
(a) he's limping on his right leg
(b) Leavitt turns his head away from the flashing lights on top of the sedan.
(c) his hair has thinned on top
(d) he looks a lot younger than his age
7. When the communication specialist checks the equipment, what does he find?
(a) he's sees a computer monitor that is turned off
(b) there's paper stopping the bell from ringing
(c) there's something wrong with the communication system
(d) the communications computer appears to be functioning perfectly
8. What does Hall believe about the possibility of a real Wildfire crisis?
(a) he doesn't think the US is capable of space travel
(b) he can't think of any reason he would be helpful in that type of work
(c) he doesn't believe any bacteria could survive space
(d) he believes the project is theoretical and never expects to be called
9. On Jagger's film, one of the white images is in motion. What does that mean?
(a) there is a survivor
(b) the camera moved when it shot the picture
(c) the pilot went too fast when he shot the film
(d) there is a very large buzzard flying at almost ground level
10. What does Dr. Stone tell his wife as he leaves?
(a) that he'd see her tomorrow
(b) that it's an emergency epidemic and to pack her bag
(c) that he will be gone for an indefinite number of weeks
(d) that there must be some mistake, he'll go clear it up
11. What is Caper One?
(a) a set-up to catch a drug dealer
(b) the name of Lt. Shawn's german shepard
(c) the name of the Scoop satellite's mission
(d) the name of Lt. Shawn's mission
12. What does Private Crane do for Lt. Shawn?
(a) cooks his meals
(b) drives the van
(c) he is Lt. Shawn's electronics technician
(d) nothing, there is no Private Crane
13. Who is walking among the bodies?
(a) the town doctor
(b) a couple of house cats
(c) several dogs pulling on the clothes
(d) an old man in a white robe
14. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
(a) it doesn't seem to affect dogs
(b) it is passed by contact with an infected individual
(c) it works very slowly
(d) the agent must have transmitted itself through the air
15. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
(b) crisis always have a beginning and end
(c) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
(d) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Burton appear to Stone?
2. What did Merrick theorize?
3. What do they see in the sky over Piedmont?
4. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
5. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)