|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
(a) that the camera picked up the flares on the ground
(b) human bodies, dead or alive
(c) solar flares occuring
(d) that water fell on the film
2. Who do they find alive in the town?
(a) two children hiding under a porch
(b) no one
(c) a German shepard and a canary
(d) the man in a white robe and a crying infant
3. What did English biophysicist, J.J. Merrick, discuss at a biological symposium?
(a) whether biology was a science worth pursuing
(b) the improbability of life in space
(c) whether humans should go into space
(d) the probabilities of first contact with an alien species
4. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
(a) a file on the crisis
(b) a handgun
(c) a telephone to call other scientist
(d) a file on Wildfire
5. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
(a) Dr. Kathleen Coller
(b) Dr. Byon Shelby
(c) Dr. Charles Burton, professor at Baylor Medical School
(d) Dr. Steven Levine
6. In what configuration is the Wildfire lab built?
(a) five underground levels connected by a central core
(b) it looks like a large ranch
(c) in a pentagon, like the one in Washington
(d) as a skyscraper
7. What does Mark Hall learn about the Wildfire lab as he's reading the last of the file?
(a) the facility is equipped with a nuclear self-destruct device
(b) that it has fifteen rooms on each floor
(c) that it's located in a mountain near Denver
(d) that it was made to look like a little town
8. How does Stone feel about Hall's appointment?
(a) he's happy and enthusiastic about it
(b) it's against his wishes
(c) he's decided fate must have a reason
(d) he's indifferent to it
9. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
(a) he has to call his superior officer
(b) his contact is in the next building on the base
(c) he has to call the White House
(d) he has been given a business card with a contact number
10. On the way to Wildfire, what does Dr. Leavitt tell Dr. Hall to do?
(a) make out his will
(b) to read the project file before arriving at Wildfire
(c) call his mother and tell her where he is
(d) take Leavitt's blood pressure
11. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
(a) get on the elevator and push the button
(b) personnel are required to undergo stringent decontamination and quarantine procedures
(c) take a shower and put on scrubs
(d) strip off their clothes and ride to level five naked
12. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crisis always have a beginning and end
(b) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
(c) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
(d) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
13. What concerned Merrick about alien encounters?
(a) that they have been kidnapping humans for years
(b) the possibility of a plague resulting from an alien bacteria
(c) that they would be hostile and superior
(d) that their technology would be much better than ours
14. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
(a) they want to sell it to another country
(b) they're curious about what it looks like
(c) it is their mission to recover it
(d) they're supposed to destroy it
15. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
(a) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the fire department
(b) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify SECURITY OFFICER 37
(c) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the FBI
(d) IN CASE OF FIRE -- Notify Division 87 -- Emergencies Only
Short Answer Questions
1. What brought about the first scientific crisis in history?
2. When they arrive at Piedmont, what do Burton and Stone do first?
3. What is Caper One?
4. What does Dr. Hall notice about Dr. Leavitt as they get in the sedan that was sent for them?
5. What is Dr. Burton's specialty ?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)