Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1
1. What is Lieutenant Roger Shawn doing at the beginning of the book?
2. Write a description of Piedmont from Lieutenant Shawn's perspective looking from above.
3. In Chapter 3, the narrator discusses the nature of crisis from a historical perspective. What does he have to say about the nature of crisis?
4. Describe Major Arthur Manchek.
5. Write about the procedure the three planes used to look at and take pictures of Piedmont and the capability of the scavenger spy plane.
This section contains 959 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)