|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
(a) a seductive, female voice
(b) Dr. Stone calls him on the phone
(c) a maid comes in to clean the room
(d) an alarm clock he set the previous night
2. Especially in the United States, who decides what technology is worth purchasing?
(a) the internet
(b) the government
(c) the schools
(d) the consumers
3. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
(a) it's quite cold in Piedmont right now
(b) forty-seven of the bodies are definitely dead
(c) Crane and Shawn might still be alive
(d) it's very hot in Piedmont right now
4. When a training pilot crashes after flying above the Piedmont area, what do they find at the plane?
(a) the pilot was too young to be flying
(b) the pilot had left a note to his wife
(c) the instrument panel was gone
(d) all the new plastic polymer that replaced rubber in the plane has dissolved
5. What has the mutated Andromeda strain started to do?
(a) it is eating through all oil reserves
(b) it is now eating away at American and Russian spacecraft
(c) it is sending binary code signals
(d) it is killing off all the birds in the world
Short Answer Questions
1. While dealing with Burton, Hall and Stone hear another emergency announcement by the computer. It is:
2. Whose choice is it, which way science goes, according to the narrator?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. How does the author establishes context and tone in the novel?
5. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)