|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the men feel about finding a solution to Andromeda?
(a) they've given up
(b) that if they did not find a solution, no solution would be forthcoming
(c) they feel it is impossible
(d) they feel someone else could do a better job
2. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
(a) it is passed by contact with an infected individual
(b) it works very slowly
(c) it doesn't seem to affect dogs
(d) the agent must have transmitted itself through the air
3. How will the scientist work on the satellite?
(a) with latex gloves on their hands
(b) metallic hands inside the sealed room
(c) behind an ultraviolet barrier
(d) with binoculars
4. What bothers Hall about the substations that will turn off a self-destruct?
(a) that he could be sealed off in a section without a substation
(b) they're painted red
(c) they're spaced too close together
(d) it takes too much time to insert the key
5. Who wakes Mark Hall up his first morning at the Wildfire lab?
(a) an alarm clock he set the previous night
(b) a seductive, female voice
(c) a maid comes in to clean the room
(d) Dr. Stone calls him on the phone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samuel "Gunner" Wilson, pilot of the Scavenger plane see as he flies over Piedmont?
2. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
3. What does a reporter ask about NASA's and Russia's almost simultaneous announcements?
4. What does Stone find out about project Scoop on the way to the Wildfire lab?
5. What do people fear about modern medicine, according to this book?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)