|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did English biophysicist, J.J. Merrick, discuss at a biological symposium?
(a) the improbability of life in space
(b) whether humans should go into space
(c) whether biology was a science worth pursuing
(d) the probabilities of first contact with an alien species
2. What does Hall think about Burton's fear?
(a) that he'd be afraid too, in that position
(b) The idea of being scared to death is somehow the answer
(c) that he's a whimp
(d) that the man shouldn't have gone into this kind of work
3. Now that Jackson is awake, what does he tell Hall about the baby?
(a) that he was a twin, but the other one died
(b) that he was two months early
(c) baby Jamie cries constantly
(d) that he was sick last week
4. What message have the men received without their knowledge, that they find by accident?
(a) that the plaque has spread to Texas
(b) that another sattellite has come down to earth
(c) that Dr. Leavitt's wife is in the hospital
(d) the notification about the President's decision to delay directive 7-12
5. What do Lt. Shawn and Pvt. Crane find in Piedmont?
(a) the traffic light doesn't work
(b) just a town with people going about their business
(c) no people on the streets
(d) dead bodies in the middle of the street
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
2. What does Jackson say to Hall when Hall wakes him?
3. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
4. What does the answering service supervisor tell Hall when he keeps pushing the red button by his bed?
5. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)