|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they arrive at Piedmont, what do Burton and Stone do first?
(a) drag the dead bodies to a central location
(b) find the satellite and put it in a container
(c) call in the National Guard
(d) go to the recon van and honk the horn over and over
2. What do they find out about the green substance and amino acids?
(a) it has no amino acids
(b) it shrinks in the presence of amino acids
(c) it makes its own amino acids
(d) it makes amino acids out of the air
3. On what former scientific belief did Leavitt base his rule of 48?
(a) it is impossible to put any object into outer space
(b) science's once irrevocable conclusion that the human body contains forty-eight chromosomes
(c) the earth revolves around the sun
(d) the earth is flat
4. How is the center core protected, level to level?
(a) with guard dogs
(b) with laser beams
(c) with electrical shocks
(d) sensors track movement in the core, and shoot ligamine darts at any moving target
5. What does the Wildfire team believe about the origin of the Scoop contamination?
(a) they come to believe it is an alien life form
(b) the contamination has earth germs that mutated
(c) there is no contamination; nothing can live in space
(d) that the contamination happened before the satellite left earth
Short Answer Questions
1. When Burton is still alive, but breathing fast from fear what does Hall do?
2. Why are black Norway rats used in labs?
3. What happens as the men stare at the green substance attached to the meteor?
4. What does Stone do when they find the message?
5. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)