|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
(a) that he is soon to start college
(b) that these are the last few moments he will live
(c) that he is young and has a long life ahead of him
(d) that he's been wasting it
2. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
(a) the agent must have transmitted itself through the air
(b) it is passed by contact with an infected individual
(c) it doesn't seem to affect dogs
(d) it works very slowly
3. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
(a) a viable solar energy system and splitting the atom
(b) the flu epidemic of 1918 and electrical power generation
(c) finding a vaccine for small pox and the Andromeda Strain
(d) the atomic energy and space capability crises
4. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
(a) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify SECURITY OFFICER 37
(b) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the FBI
(c) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the fire department
(d) IN CASE OF FIRE -- Notify Division 87 -- Emergencies Only
5. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
(a) his contact is in the next building on the base
(b) he has been given a business card with a contact number
(c) he has to call his superior officer
(d) he has to call the White House
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the nature of all national crises prior to the scientific boom was?
2. What is Project Wildfire?
3. How does the President respond to Stone's request for a directive 7-12?
4. What does Jagger show Manchek on a conference call?
5. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)