|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Stone heads to Piedmont with another scientist. Who is he?
(a) Dr. Steven Levine
(b) Dr. Kathleen Coller
(c) Dr. Byon Shelby
(d) Dr. Charles Burton, professor at Baylor Medical School
2. When the communication specialist checks the equipment, what does he find?
(a) he's sees a computer monitor that is turned off
(b) the communications computer appears to be functioning perfectly
(c) there's paper stopping the bell from ringing
(d) there's something wrong with the communication system
3. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
(a) to be able to track aircraft
(b) to find a good radio station
(c) to triangulate the position of the Scoop satellite
(d) to find the town of Piedmont
4. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
(a) he's skeptical that it is necessary
(b) he misses his wife and wishes he hadn't been called
(c) he's indifferent
(d) he is fascinated with Wildfire and excited to be working on it
5. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
(a) he orders a helicopter to Piedmont
(b) he orders Lt. Comcoe to send a message to Crane on a secret channel
(c) he orders a Scavenger plane to make a flyby over Piedmont
(d) he orders a national guard unit into Piedmont
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
2. Who is walking among the bodies?
3. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
4. What's the last thing Lt. Comcoe hears from the radio?
5. What is Caper One?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)