|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
(a) finding a vaccine for small pox and the Andromeda Strain
(b) the atomic energy and space capability crises
(c) a viable solar energy system and splitting the atom
(d) the flu epidemic of 1918 and electrical power generation
2. What is Caper One?
(a) the name of Lt. Shawn's german shepard
(b) the name of Lt. Shawn's mission
(c) the name of the Scoop satellite's mission
(d) a set-up to catch a drug dealer
3. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
(a) about the briefing on how to call the President
(b) about what to do in a state of emergency
(c) the briefing about space travel
(d) the briefing he received on Project Wildfire
4. Who is walking among the bodies?
(a) the town doctor
(b) several dogs pulling on the clothes
(c) an old man in a white robe
(d) a couple of house cats
5. Where is Mission Control for Project Scoop located?
(a) NASA headquarters in Birmingham
(b) Vandenberg Airforce Base
(c) Ft. Sill, Oklahoma
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. After going to code red, what does Manchek do?
2. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
3. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
4. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
5. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)