|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Hall about the substations that will turn off a self-destruct?
(a) it takes too much time to insert the key
(b) they're spaced too close together
(c) they're painted red
(d) that he could be sealed off in a section without a substation
2. Towards the end of the book what do they notice about the Andromeda strain?
(a) it has turned from green to red
(b) it has changed in shape from a hexagon to a pentagon
(c) it is forming into a large, sentient being
(d) Andromeda strain has continued to mutate
3. What did Stone and Leavitt find in the satellite?
(a) a piece of a missle
(b) a message written in Greek
(c) a meteror rock with a green substance growing on it
4. When a training pilot crashes after flying above the Piedmont area, what do they find at the plane?
(a) the pilot was too young to be flying
(b) the instrument panel was gone
(c) all the new plastic polymer that replaced rubber in the plane has dissolved
(d) the pilot had left a note to his wife
5. How does the author establishes context and tone in the novel?
(a) by relaying so much scientific data
(b) by naming and explaining all the equipment
(c) through the narrator, who gives thoughtful, analytical, and supposedly, historical commentary
(d) with a spooky beginning
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the team decide Hall has to find out?
2. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
3. What is Caper One?
4. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
5. What does Major Arthur Manchek order when he hears of the radio silence at Piedmont?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)