|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If one cell of E. coli could produce a supercolony equal in size and weight to the planet, why doesn't that happen?
(a) there's too many antibiotics in the world
(b) it's too fragile
(c) nature made it so it stops at a certain size
(d) food and oxygen run out
2. What do they put into the room with the satellite first?
(a) a pig
(b) a brown dog
(c) a black Norway lab rat
(d) a white cat
3. What briefing does Manchek think about when reviewing what Jagger has told him?
(a) about what to do in a state of emergency
(b) about the briefing on how to call the President
(c) the briefing about space travel
(d) the briefing he received on Project Wildfire
4. What type of waste products did Andromeda produce?
(a) carbon and water
(b) starch, sugar and hydrogen
(c) amino acids
(d) it doesn't produce any
5. What does Project Wildfire do?
(a) investigates forest fires in America
(b) investigates any epidepic of Asian origin
(c) investigates possible extraterrestrial life forms introduced to earth by returning spacecraft.
(d) investigates NASA projects
Short Answer Questions
1. When the seal has been broken in the Autopsy room, who is in there?
2. How does Crichton ratchet up the tension page by page in this book?
3. What happens when Burton gives some live rats anti-coagulant to prevent blood clotting then exposes them?
4. Stone yells at Hall when the self-destruct is announced. What does he tell him?
5. What does the author finally conclude in this book about science and humanity?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)