|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson do for his ulcer?
(a) he takes nearly a bottle of aspirin a day and sips from a can of Sterno
(b) he drinks maalox
(c) he eats a gallon of vanilla ice cream every day
(d) he doesn't do anything
2. What is the first response to Mancheck's call to Wildfire?
(a) to call each scientist on the list
(b) to call the White House
(c) to shut down the electricity around Piedmont
(d) a top-secret cable is issued informing other military units
3. What does the spectrometer show about the composition of the Andromeda strain?
(a) it is not alive
(b) it's radioactive
(c) it has carbon and silicon in it
(d) it resembles earthly organic life
4. How does Manchek contact Wildfire?
(a) he has to call his superior officer
(b) he has to call the White House
(c) his contact is in the next building on the base
(d) he has been given a business card with a contact number
5. How will the scientist work on the satellite?
(a) with binoculars
(b) metallic hands inside the sealed room
(c) with latex gloves on their hands
(d) behind an ultraviolet barrier
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused societal alarm in the early years of modern science?
2. What do the personnel in the lab have to do to go to level 5?
3. What is Caper One?
4. What does Stone ask Manchek to call for to take care of the danger at Piedmont?
5. What does Stone say about the air supply on level four during a self-destruct sequence?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)