|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leavitt's rule of "48"?
(a) there's 48 types of mistakes in any problem
(b) all scientists are obsessed with their work
(c) all scientists are blind
(d) there's 48 ways to do anything
2. What is Caper One?
(a) the name of Lt. Shawn's mission
(b) a set-up to catch a drug dealer
(c) the name of Lt. Shawn's german shepard
(d) the name of the Scoop satellite's mission
3. Burton's tests reveal that clotting begins in the lungs then progresses to the brain. What does that mean to him?
(a) the disease must be inhaled
(b) that the brain is not that vulnerable to the disease
(c) that eveyone suffucated before they died
(d) that the disease does't clog the arteries
4. What was the official word on the Andros V manned spacecraft that burned up on reentry?
(a) an accident based on mechanical failure
(b) a meterorite hit it
(c) it was timed to come down then when it was made
(d) the Russians shot it down
5. How does the information needed to contact Wildfire read?
(a) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the FBI
(b) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify SECURITY OFFICER 37
(c) IN CASE OF FIRE -- Notify Division 87 -- Emergencies Only
(d) IN CASE OF FIRE - Notify the fire department
Short Answer Questions
1. When they arrive at Piedmont, what do Burton and Stone do first?
2. What does the Department of Defense do about Stone's proposal?
3. On Jagger's film, one of the white images is in motion. What does that mean?
4. According to the narrator, science has the potential to do two things. What are they?
5. What were the first two scientific crises in history?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)