|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
(a) he is fascinated with Wildfire and excited to be working on it
(b) he misses his wife and wishes he hadn't been called
(c) he's indifferent
(d) he's skeptical that it is necessary
2. Where is Mission Control for Project Scoop located?
(a) Vandenberg Airforce Base
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Ft. Sill, Oklahoma
(d) NASA headquarters in Birmingham
3. What does Stone find out about project Scoop on the way to the Wildfire lab?
(a) that a civilian billionaire is paying for it
(b) that NASA doesn't know about it
(c) that the Scoop satellite in Piedmont is the first one sent up
(d) it was designed to obtain samples of alien bacterial life in space
4. What is Manchek asked to do when he calls to alert Wildfire?
(a) nothing, activating Wildfire is completely automated
(b) to destroy all evidence
(c) to write up a report of the incident
(d) to meet with the scientists
5. What do they find when they cut open a victim's wrist?
(a) the blood has hard, white nodules in it
(b) nothing, they never cut open a victim's wrist
(c) the blood has turned green
(d) the blood is no longer liquid; it resembles a red sponge
Short Answer Questions
1. What spurred significant advances in biological science?
2. What is Burton and Stone's working hypothesis about the killer in Piedmont?
3. What do the officers give Stone when they get in the car?
4. Who is walking among the bodies?
5. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)