|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Major Arthur Manchek?
(a) Chief Duty Officer and man in charge of all Scoop Project activities
(b) the man who came up with the Wildfire idea
(c) advisor to the president on the Scoop project
(d) the air force officer who flew a jet over Piedmont
2. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
(a) the town of Piedmont, Arizona
(b) two purple vans with peace symbols
(c) his brother's backyard
(d) a couple of bears
3. Why was Hall, a surgeon, chosen for the team?
(a) because they needed one medical doctor
(b) officials who believe in The Odd Man Hypothesis wanted him
(c) because they needed one scientist who wasn't married
(d) because he had a great personality
4. Why are the private and lieutenant looking for the Scoop satellite?
(a) it is their mission to recover it
(b) they want to sell it to another country
(c) they're supposed to destroy it
(d) they're curious about what it looks like
5. What kind of theory did noted scholar, Alfred Pockran, have about national crises?
(a) crisis are created by politicians for good ratings
(b) crises are created by the individual men involved in the events
(c) crisis always have a beginning and end
(d) crisis are created by enemies of the nation
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white spots on Jagger's film indicate?
2. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
3. What concerned Merrick about alien encounters?
4. What does Project Wildfire do?
5. What does Manchek do after he finishes the call with Jagger?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)