|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
(a) to find a good radio station
(b) to be able to track aircraft
(c) to triangulate the position of the Scoop satellite
(d) to find the town of Piedmont
2. What is the first response to Mancheck's call to Wildfire?
(a) a top-secret cable is issued informing other military units
(b) to shut down the electricity around Piedmont
(c) to call the White House
(d) to call each scientist on the list
3. What did Merrick theorize?
(a) the first alien species encountered by man would be a bacterium
(b) that alien species would be hostile
(c) that alien species would contact earth
(d) that alien species could not exist
4. How does Leavitt feel about Wildfire?
(a) he is fascinated with Wildfire and excited to be working on it
(b) he's skeptical that it is necessary
(c) he's indifferent
(d) he misses his wife and wishes he hadn't been called
5. What does the narrator say the nature of all national crises prior to the scientific boom was?
(a) all national crises were political in nature
(b) all national crises were medical in nature
(c) all national crises were economical in nature
(d) all national crises were educational in nature
Short Answer Questions
1. What does their nighttime surveillance reveal?
2. How does Burton appear to Stone?
3. What does Jagger conclude about the white spots, based on the temperature?
4. What does Stone say the government should do about the possibility of alien bacteria?
5. What concerned Merrick about alien encounters?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)