1. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
(a) a couple of bears
(b) his brother's backyard
(c) the town of Piedmont, Arizona
(d) two purple vans with peace symbols
2. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
3. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
(a) that he is soon to start college
(b) that he's been wasting it
(c) that these are the last few moments he will live
(d) that he is young and has a long life ahead of him
4. Who is in the van with Lt. Shawn?
(a) Private Lewis Crane
(b) his dog, a german shepard
(c) his brother and nephew
(d) no one, he's alone
5. What does Private Crane do for Lt. Shawn?
(a) nothing, there is no Private Crane
(b) he is Lt. Shawn's electronics technician
(c) cooks his meals
(d) drives the van
6. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
(a) to find the town of Piedmont
(b) to triangulate the position of the Scoop satellite
(c) to be able to track aircraft
(d) to find a good radio station
This section contains 6,996 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)