1. What is Lt. Shawn looking at with a pair of binoculars at the start of the book?
(a) the town of Piedmont, Arizona
(b) a couple of bears
(c) his brother's backyard
(d) two purple vans with peace symbols
2. What is the population of Piedmont, Arizona?
3. What does the narrator say about Lieutenant Shawn's life?
(a) that he's been wasting it
(b) that he is soon to start college
(c) that these are the last few moments he will live
(d) that he is young and has a long life ahead of him
4. Who is in the van with Lt. Shawn?
(a) his dog, a german shepard
(b) his brother and nephew
(c) no one, he's alone
(d) Private Lewis Crane
5. What does Private Crane do for Lt. Shawn?
(a) nothing, there is no Private Crane
(b) drives the van
(c) cooks his meals
(d) he is Lt. Shawn's electronics technician
6. Why do the two men have radio-directional equipment on the van?
(a) to be able to track aircraft
(b) to triangulate the position of the Scoop satellite
(c) to find the town of Piedmont
(d) to find a good radio station
This section contains 6,996 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)