|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pris have to explain to Isidore?
2. Where do Roy and Irma plan to hide out?
3. What is the first thing Iran gets for her husband?
4. What Isidore take into the garden?
5. How much money does Deckard think he can get for the toad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rick Deckard is the main character of the the book, but the point of view switches between him and John Isidore.
1) Look at the differences between these two characters? Do they share any similarities Why do you think Dick uses two such different main characters.
2) What do you think would happen if John Isidore was taken out of the story? Would it be much different?
Essay Topic 2
In the book there are a number of characters that are either rarely seen or are never scene, but play a big part in the book. These include Polotov, Dan Holden, Mercer and Buster Friendly. Choose one of these characters and discuss what role they play in the story? In what ways does their presence affect the main character? Do they have as much influence on the main character as some of the more prominent characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Dick is recognized as one of the great American writers from the fifties and sixties, yet Science Fiction is not always a genre people look for examples of great literature. Why do you think Dick used this genre to communicate his views? What are these views? Do think these views are more counter culture than mainstream? Do you think he could of communicated his views as openly in another genre?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)