|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luft work as?
2. What has happened to Bill Barbour's horse?
3. What is the mood organ used for?
4. Which android do Resch and Deckard head off to retire?
5. What is the name of the Soviet Police officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rick role change briefly in this chapter?
2. How does Rick convince himself that it is a good idea to invite Rachael to his hotel room?
3. What do you think is the most important revelation in this chapter?
4. In chapter 11 what does the Nexus 6 android show itself capable of?
5. Is John Isidore really the 'chicken head' says he is?
6. In chapter 9 how do you think Luft almost fools Rick?
7. In what way do Rick and Bryant's opinion differ in terms of Rick's work?
8. What it is about Rick's character that you think makes him a good bounty hunter?
9. How does the journey Rick takes in chapter reflect the personal journey Rick takes through the novel?
10. What do you think the toad represents to Rick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dick is recognized as one of the great American writers from the fifties and sixties, yet Science Fiction is not always a genre people look for examples of great literature. Why do you think Dick used this genre to communicate his views? What are these views? Do think these views are more counter culture than mainstream? Do you think he could of communicated his views as openly in another genre?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether you think the following statement is true or false. The Androids in the novel have no feelings for either their own lives or the lives of others. Back your argument with at least two examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Dick presents two Wilbur Mercer and Buster Friendly as two opposites.
1) Describe Mercer and Friendly's beliefs? What sides do Mercer and Friendly represent?
2) Describe how and why the decline of Mererism is such an impact on the major characters? What does the rise of Buster Friendly mean for the main characters?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)