|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Isidore taking back to his work place?
2. What does Rick's wife accuse him of being?
3. When does Pris ask Isidore to come back?
4. Why is Eldon worried about the Voigt Kampff test?
5. What two things measure the responses in the test?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of questions does Rick ask himself during his climb?
2. In chapter 9 what do you think is the significance of Mozart's The Magic Flute?
3. In chapter 18 why do you think Isidore is happy?
4. Could Rick and Bryant be considered as cold as the androids?
5. What does the mood organ symbolize?
6. In chapter 9 how do you think Luft almost fools Rick?
7. In chapter 17 why do you think Rachael is contemptuous of Rick sparing her life?
8. In chapter 10 why do you think Rick doubts he is in a real police department?
9. In chapter 12 why do you think Luft is interested in Munch's Puberty?
10. How are the other androids different to Rachael?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John Isidore is one of the major characters in the book, but seems to present little conflict or problems. In fact the plot would change little of Isidore was not there. If this is the case what does John Isidore add to the book? Does Dick make him such such a passive main character on purpose? Why do you think it matters that he is a 'special'.
Essay Topic 2
In the book there are a number of characters that are either rarely seen or are never scene, but play a big part in the book. These include Polotov, Dan Holden, Mercer and Buster Friendly. Choose one of these characters and discuss what role they play in the story? In what ways does their presence affect the main character? Do they have as much influence on the main character as some of the more prominent characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the androids are a threat? For what reason does Deckard have to retire them? Do you think they only become a threat when being chased?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)