|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things measure the responses in the test?
2. What does Rosen say is possible if Rachel can fail the test?
3. What does Bryant ask Deckard if he is sure of?
4. What does Rick ask questions about?
5. Where does Rick realize he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Isidore symbolize for the rest of characters?
2. In what way does Rick question his beliefs?
3. What does Rick's attitude towards Rachael show about his character
4. In chapter 19 whose side do you think Isidore on?
5. In this chapter how do the androids treat Isidor?
6. In chapter 12 why do you think Luft is interested in Munch's Puberty?
7. Is John Isidore really the 'chicken head' says he is?
8. In chapter 9 what do you think is the significance of Mozart's The Magic Flute?
9. How does the journey Rick takes in chapter reflect the personal journey Rick takes through the novel?
10. What it is about Rick's character that you think makes him a good bounty hunter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Philip K. Dick is said to be a writer existentialist fiction with Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? one of his major works.
1) What is existentialist fiction?
2) What elements of existentialist fiction can you see within the novel's structure?
3) In what ways is Rick Deckard a typical existentialist character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether you think the following statement is true or false. The Androids in the novel have no feelings for either their own lives or the lives of others. Back your argument with at least two examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives? Are these goals and motives in direct conflict with another character? What is their relationship with that character? What does the character have to do to achieve their goals? Do they achieve their goals by the end? Why?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)