|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things measure the responses in the test?
(a) A sensor tape and a laser disc
(b) A sensor disc and a small beam of light
(c) A visualizer and a sensor disc
(d) A laser disk and a beam of light
2. Why is an empathy box important?
(a) Because it stops people from killing themselves
(b) Because Mercer only accepts people like himself
(c) It makes people like you.
(d) It is something to talk about.
3. What does Luft work as?
(a) A radio personality
(b) She is unemployed
(c) An opera singer
(d) A film star
4. Which character's story does Dick return to in this chapter?
(a) Rachel Rosen
(b) Pris Stratton
(c) Iran Deckard
(d) Rick Deckard
5. What does Sloat say Buster Friendly is?
(b) Not real
(d) Not friendly
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the Nexus Six has Holden killed already?
2. What does Deckard think it is important to have in a post nuclear society?
3. What does Rick ask questions about?
4. Who owns the Rosen corporation?
5. What does Isidore say Buster is fighting against?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick present John Isidore's character?
2. What does Rick's determination to buy an Ostrich show about his character?
3. In this chapter how do the androids treat Isidor?
4. Why does Isidore symbolize for the rest of characters?
5. In chapter 18 why do you think Isidore is happy?
6. In chapter 11 what does the fact Resch believes he could be an android show about Dick's post war society?
7. What does Buster's crippling broadcast schedule say about him as a person?
8. In chapter 16, do you think Rachael shows feelings that the reader could construe as human feeling?
9. In chapter 17 what are the similarities between Rachael and Rick?
10. What do you think the toad represents to Rick?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)