• Rick is awakened by his mood organ, and he gets out of bed immediately.
• Rick agrees with his wife to have positive feelings for the day and prepares to leave for work.
• Rick goes to his roof to visit his electric sheep.
• Rick ponders the fact that retiring five "andys" (androids) would get him enough money to afford a new horse.
• This chapter begins in a deserted building, which we learn was deserted after World War Terminus.
• Isidore is in the building listening to his television, promoting emigration to Mars.
• Isidore then starts to leave for work, but his fear stops him and he goes to his "empathy box," a device that uses ions and electrical energy to stimulate feelings.
• He hears another television set in the building and realizes someone else has moved into the building.
• Police Inspector Harry Bryant tells Deckard that the...
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)