|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Winter Bees" in 1959 is a painting of a ________________.
(b) Bee stinging a child.
(c) A jar of honey.
(d) Honey on a biscuit.
2. What was Wyeth's message in "Weatherside"?
(a) You should always check the weather before boating.
(b) Things do not last.
(c) People can weather any storm if they want to.
(d) Everything has some redeeming quality.
3. What kind of dog was Nellie in "Groundhog Day" painted in 1958?
(b) Jack Russell Terrier.
(c) German Shepherd.
4. What was Willard Snowden doing in the 1964 painting, "Woodchopper"?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Resting under a tree.
(d) Reading a book.
5. At whose home was the item located in "The Trophy"?
(a) Karl Kuerner.
(b) Sam Knox.
(c) Adam Shade.
(d) Christina Olson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Wyeth have in mind when he painted "Slight Breeze"?
2. How did the painting, "Buzzard's Glory" get its name?
3. What inspired Wyeth to paint "Snow Flurries" in 1953?
4. Which of the following is NOT represented in the 1960 painting, "Pleasant Point"?
5. What structure was featured in the 1965 painting, "Weatherside"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was "Geraniums" one of the most important of the Christina Olson series of paintings?
2. What is the secret behind the painting, "Cider Barrel"?
3. Why did a woman named Phyllis immediately but the painting, "Slight Breeze" when she saw it?
4. What tone did Wyeth paint into "The Swinger" depicting Jimmy Lynch?
5. Why did Wyeth and Betsy keep the painting, "Room After Room" for themselves?
6. What was significant about the time that Wyeth began to paint Siri Erikson in "Siri" in 1970?
7. What was the subject matter of "Half Bushel" and what was Wyeth trying to represent with it?
8. What was Wyeth's challenge in creating "Snow Flurries" in 1953?
9. What drew Wyeth in to paint "Buzzard's Glory" but why was he repulsed to the location?
10. What was Wyeth's father's concerns about Wyeth's "Edge of the Field" and what did a critic tell Wyeth's father about his son's work?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)