|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wood Stove" painted in 1962, Wyeth depicted a house fragile on the outside but _______________________.
(a) Held up with love from the inside.
(b) Full of secrets on the inside.
(c) Filled with spirituality inside.
(d) As strong as a rock inside.
2. What is featured in the painting, "Hay Ledge"?
(c) Milk cans.
(d) A lobster boat.
3. Who was Wyeth's subject in "Distant Thunder" in 1961?
4. What inspired Wyeth to paint "Snow Flurries" in 1953?
(a) Christmas holidays.
(b) Birth of his son.
(d) A flock of crows.
5. Who was Wyeth's subject in the 1967 painting, "Post and Rail"?
(a) Willard Snowden.
(b) Tom Clark.
(c) Adam Stoughton.
(d) Karl Kuerner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog was Nellie in "Groundhog Day" painted in 1958?
2. What was Wyeth's message in "Weatherside"?
3. Who was the subject of the painting, "Roasted Chestnuts"?
4. What was Willard Snowden doing in the 1964 painting, "Woodchopper"?
5. What did Wyeth do with the 1967 painting, "Room After Room", featuring Christina Olson.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Wyeth and Betsy keep the painting, "Room After Room" for themselves?
2. How did the painting, "Distant Thunder" evolve for Wyeth?
3. What was significant about the time that Wyeth began to paint Siri Erikson in "Siri" in 1970?
4. What is the secret behind the painting, "Cider Barrel"?
5. Why was "Geraniums" one of the most important of the Christina Olson series of paintings?
6. What was Wyeth's challenge in creating "Snow Flurries" in 1953?
7. Why did U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower have Wyeth's painting, "Roasted Chestnuts" hanging in the White House for awhile?
8. What awkward encounter occurred prior to Wyeth's painting George Erikson in "The Finn" in 1969?
9. What was the subject matter of "Half Bushel" and what was Wyeth trying to represent with it?
10. How did Wyeth create "Weatherside" about the Olson house and what did the house represent for Wyeth?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)