|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Finn" from 1969 was a portrait of George Erikson whose daughter, ______________, Wyeth wanted to paint nude.
2. Who can barely be seen in the painting, "Geraniums'?
(a) Christina Olson.
(b) Helene Banco.
(c) Amy Madigan.
(d) Betsy Wyeth.
3. Who used the Peavey tool shown in the 1965 painting, "The Peavey"?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about the subject in "Gunning Rocks"?
(a) He was part American Indian.
(b) He was from Vermont.
(c) He was part Finn.
(d) He was a black man.
5. Which of the following is NOT represented in the 1960 painting, "Pleasant Point"?
6. Where were the milk cans in "Milk Cans" located?
(a) Adam's farm.
(b) Bruener's Dairy.
(c) Wyeth's barn.
(d) A farm auction.
7. Why was Wyeth drawn in by Johnny Lynch, the subject for "Buzzard's Glory" in 1969?
(a) His shy smile.
(b) His large hands.
(c) His bowed legs.
(d) His jet-black hair.
8. What was particularly hard for Wyeth to capture in "Snow Flurries"?
(a) Swirling snow.
(b) Color of the sky.
(c) Barren land.
(d) Shadows of clouds.
9. "Half Bushel" is a painting of a half-full bushel of __________________.
10. "Winter Bees" in 1959 is a painting of a ________________.
(a) A jar of honey.
(c) Honey on a biscuit.
(d) Bee stinging a child.
11. In "Dam Breast" painted in 1970, Wyeth was drawn in by a _______________________.
(a) A rolling hill.
(b) A horse and buggy.
(c) A plume of water froth mixed with ice.
(d) A a leaden sky.
12. What was the name of the last portrait Wyeth painted of Christina Olson?
(a) Goodbye, Christina.
(b) Adieu Christina.
(c) Finis Christina.
(d) Anna Christina.
13. Who was depicted in "Wood Stove"?
14. In "Wood Stove" painted in 1962, Wyeth depicted a house fragile on the outside but _______________________.
(a) Held up with love from the inside.
(b) As strong as a rock inside.
(c) Filled with spirituality inside.
(d) Full of secrets on the inside.
15. Who was Wyeth's subject in "Distant Thunder" in 1961?
Short Answer Questions
1. The 1967 painting "The Sweep" featured ______________________.
2. What structure was shown in "Storm at Sea"?
3. What childhood item hangs from the tree along with the chains used in pig slaughtering in "Rope and Chains" in 1956?
4. What is featured in the painting, "Hay Ledge"?
5. In what state was the scene in "Marsh Hawk" located?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)