|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wyeth considered which painting to be one of the best watercolors he ever did?
(a) The Mill.
(d) Black Velvet.
2. How did the painting, "Buzzard's Glory" get its name?
(a) It was a nickname of the boy in the painting.
(b) It was a joke the boy in the painting told him.
(c) It was an homage to dead animals.
(d) It was created in an area called Buzzard's Glory.
3. The 1967 painting "The Sweep" featured ______________________.
(a) Birds fixing a nest.
(b) The wet sky over the ocean.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A woman cleaning house.
4. What did Wyeth note about the painting, "Milk Cans"?
(a) You couldn't tell is the cans were empty or full.
(b) You shouldn't cry over spilled milk.
(c) Sometimes pictures just happen.
(d) He put a design on the cans that wasn't really there.
5. Who was Wyeth's subject in "Distant Thunder" in 1961?
6. In "Tom and His Daughter" in 1959 how was Tom portrayed?
7. What did Wyeth do with the 1967 painting, "Room After Room", featuring Christina Olson.
(a) He and his wife kept it.
(b) He donated it to the Smithsonian.
(c) He burned it.
(d) He gave it to Christina.
8. What was the name of Wyeth's sister whom he painted in "My Sister" in 1967?
9. What was the name of the last portrait Wyeth painted of Christina Olson?
(a) Finis Christina.
(b) Anna Christina.
(c) Goodbye, Christina.
(d) Adieu Christina.
10. "The Swinger" from 1969 showed Jimmy Lynch on the porch of a house with what debonair article of clothing?
11. "Blue Box" in 1956 is a watercolor painting that depicts the inside of _________________.
(a) A diner.
(b) A barn.
(c) A school.
(d) A church.
12. What kind of dog was Nellie in "Groundhog Day" painted in 1958?
(b) German Shepherd.
(c) Jack Russell Terrier.
13. The subject in "Spring Fed" from 1967 looks like water trickling on a/an __________________.
14. What did Wyeth hope to capture in the 1968 painting, "Alvaro and Christina"?
(a) A true love story.
(b) The Olsons' environment.
(c) A divorce.
(d) A lifelong friendship.
15. "Cider Barrel" from 1969 depicted a big barrel of cider from whose farm?
(a) Tom Clark's.
(b) Karl Kuerner's.
(c) Phil Gunney's.
(d) Walter Anderson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Floating Leaves" painted in 1958, Wyeth thought that the floating and disappearance was both exciting and _________.
2. In what state was the scene in "Marsh Hawk" located?
3. What was notable about the subject in "Garret Room"?
4. What was Willard Snowden doing in the 1964 painting, "Woodchopper"?
5. Which of the following is NOT represented in the 1960 painting, "Pleasant Point"?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)