|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure was featured in the 1965 painting, "Weatherside"?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A library.
(c) A boat dock.
(d) The Olson house.
2. How did Wyeth feel about "Raccoon" painted in 1958?
(a) He thought it was really bad.
(b) He thought it was not his finest moment.
(c) He was not sure he liked it.
(d) He loved it.
3. What is the person doing in the painting, "Distant Thunder"?
(a) Dancing in the rain.
(b) Canning peaches.
(c) Opening an umbrella.
4. How did the painting, "Buzzard's Glory" get its name?
(a) It was a joke the boy in the painting told him.
(b) It was an homage to dead animals.
(c) It was a nickname of the boy in the painting.
(d) It was created in an area called Buzzard's Glory.
5. What was significant about the 1969 painting, "End of Olsons"?
(a) It was the last painting Wyeth did of the Olson house.
(b) It was the last painting before Wyeth ended his friendship with the Olsons.
(c) It was the end of Wyeth's blue period.
(d) It was the end of Wyeth's contemporary series.
6. Who used the Peavey tool shown in the 1965 painting, "The Peavey"?
7. Who was depicted in "Wood Stove"?
8. "Incoming Sea", painted in 1966, featured ___________ after the tide turns.
(a) A seagull.
(b) A lighthouse.
(c) A dory.
(d) The sky.
9. "Blue Box" in 1956 is a watercolor painting that depicts the inside of _________________.
(a) A diner.
(b) A school.
(c) A church.
(d) A barn.
10. What was the name of Wyeth's sister whom he painted in "My Sister" in 1967?
11. The subject in "Spring Fed" from 1967 looks like water trickling on a/an __________________.
12. In "Dam Breast" painted in 1970, Wyeth was drawn in by a _______________________.
(a) A plume of water froth mixed with ice.
(b) A rolling hill.
(c) A horse and buggy.
(d) A a leaden sky.
13. Which U.S. President had "Roasted Chestnuts" hanging in the White House for awhile?
14. In "Wood Stove" painted in 1962, Wyeth depicted a house fragile on the outside but _______________________.
(a) Filled with spirituality inside.
(b) Held up with love from the inside.
(c) As strong as a rock inside.
(d) Full of secrets on the inside.
15. What did Wyeth hope to capture in the 1968 painting, "Alvaro and Christina"?
(a) A divorce.
(b) A true love story.
(c) The Olsons' environment.
(d) A lifelong friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT represented in the 1960 painting, "Pleasant Point"?
2. "Cider Barrel" from 1969 depicted a big barrel of cider from whose farm?
3. The 1967 painting "The Sweep" featured ______________________.
4. What was Willard Snowden doing in the 1964 painting, "Woodchopper"?
5. What was particularly hard for Wyeth to capture in "Snow Flurries"?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)