|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state was the scene in "Marsh Hawk" located?
2. What was the subject of "Marsh Hawk" in 1964?
(a) Spring planting.
(b) Hay wagons.
(d) Baling hay.
3. In "Teel's Island" what was Henry Teel hauling up on a bank?
(a) A punt.
(b) Fishing nets.
(c) Lobster traps.
(d) Fish cooler.
4. "Onions" in 1955 is a painting of Bermuda onions __________________.
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a basket.
(c) In a field.
(d) On a cutting block.
5. What was Willard Snowden doing in the 1964 painting, "Woodchopper"?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Resting under a tree.
6. "Winter Bees" in 1959 is a painting of a ________________.
(a) Bee stinging a child.
(b) Honey on a biscuit.
(d) A jar of honey.
7. How did Wyeth feel about "Raccoon" painted in 1958?
(a) He was not sure he liked it.
(b) He loved it.
(c) He thought it was not his finest moment.
(d) He thought it was really bad.
8. What structure was featured in the 1965 painting, "Weatherside"?
(a) The Olson house.
(b) A library.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A boat dock.
9. What structure was shown in "Storm at Sea"?
(a) A house.
(b) A lighthouse.
(c) A barn.
(d) A church.
10. "Slight Breeze", painted in 1968, featured an item that was reminiscent of ____________________.
(a) A woman praying.
(b) A woman dancing.
(c) A woman bathing.
(d) A woman on crutches.
11. Whom did Wyeth have in mind when he painted "Slight Breeze"?
12. What inspired Wyeth to paint "Snow Flurries" in 1953?
(b) Birth of his son.
(c) Christmas holidays.
(d) A flock of crows.
13. Why did Wyeth stop painting pumpkins after he painted "Pumpkins" in 1968?
(a) His wife asked him not to.
(b) He realized how common they were.
(c) He didn't like the color orange.
(d) He was told they were part of devil worship.
14. "The Finn" from 1969 was a portrait of George Erikson whose daughter, ______________, Wyeth wanted to paint nude.
15. In "Dam Breast" painted in 1970, Wyeth was drawn in by a _______________________.
(a) A rolling hill.
(b) A a leaden sky.
(c) A horse and buggy.
(d) A plume of water froth mixed with ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Wyeth's father worried about Wyeth's future?
2. Where were the milk cans in "Milk Cans" located?
3. Whose house was featured in "Brown Swiss" in 1957?
4. Who was depicted in "Wood Stove"?
5. "Cider Barrel" from 1969 depicted a big barrel of cider from whose farm?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)