|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In many ways, Wyeth's paintings were like _________________.
2. What did Wyeth often do with his paintings?
(a) He hid them.
(b) He smashed them over chairs.
(c) He covered walls with them.
(d) He burned them.
3. For how long had Wyeth been painting at the time this book was written?
(a) 62 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 33 years.
4. "Road Cut" shows a road running through a valley in ___________________________.
(a) Kennebunkport, Maine.
(b) Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.
(c) Lake City, Tennessee.
(d) Milledgeville, Georgia.
5. "Before Picking" was a painting of ________________.
6. How long did it take the author to get to know Andrew Wyeth as an artist?
(a) Longer than it took to know him as a person.
(b) He loved his work from the moment he saw it.
(c) He never did get to know him as an artist.
(d) He is still trying to understand him as an artist.
7. When did the idea for painting "Trodden Weed" occur to Wyeth?
(a) After apple picking.
(b) During a walk around Chadds Ford.
(c) During the Fall harvest.
(d) During a dream.
8. When did Wyeth cultivate his independence?
(a) Not until his later life.
(b) About the age of 21.
(c) At an early age.
(d) In his mid-40s.
9. Who did it seem Wyeth was painting for many times?
(a) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
10. In 1951 Wyeth had an eight-hour operation on his _______________.
11. Who was Christina Olson?
(a) Wyeth's sister-in-law.
(b) Wyeth's long-time subject.
(c) Wyeth's first grade teacher.
(d) Wyeth's first wife.
12. Wyeth's emotions were revealed in a dispassionate, _____________ manner from his subjects.
13. What did Wyeth do while painting "Blackberry Branch" in 1943?
(a) Listened to opera on the radio.
(b) He ate every berry after he painted it.
(c) Hosted a group of school children.
(d) Gave an interview to a reporter.
14. "Toll Rope" in 1951 shows the inside of a _______________.
(c) School room.
15. The door in "Blue Door" in 1952 is at whose home?
(a) Gabe McKinney's.
(c) Waino Mattson's.
(d) Christina Olson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the place in "Toll Rope" located?
2. Wyeth was both free and ____________________.
3. Years after the painting of 1933 was completed, Wyeth sold it to buy __________________.
4. Who was James Loper in the painting, "James Loper", in 1952?
5. What did Wyeth enjoy in "Toll Rope"?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)