|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wyeth's emotions were revealed in a dispassionate, _____________ manner from his subjects.
2. In many ways, Wyeth's paintings were like _________________.
3. The author said that Wyeth was no _________________.
(b) Role model.
4. What did Wyeth think that the item in "Toll Rope" represented?
(b) New England as a whole.
(d) Religious conviction.
5. In 1933, Wyeth painted "Spring Landscape at _________________".
6. What did the cooling shed in the painting, "Cooling Shed," remind Wyeth of?
(a) His childhood.
(b) A trip to Europe.
(c) The early settlers.
(d) His grandfather.
7. Wyeth completed the "Lobster Traps" painting in what was called his _______________ period.
(a) Purple bruise.
(b) Blue sky.
(d) Yellow sol.
8. What did the author say about how Wyeth felt about his art?
(a) He reveled in it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He thought it as passable.
(d) He struggled with it.
9. Years after the painting of 1933 was completed, Wyeth sold it to buy __________________.
(a) A house.
(b) A tractor.
(c) Airline tickets.
(d) A studio.
10. Wyeth increasingly experimented with and re-conceptualized _________________.
(b) The use of oils.
(c) Pencil sketches.
(d) His use of light.
11. What did Wyeth do while painting "Blackberry Branch" in 1943?
(a) He ate every berry after he painted it.
(b) Gave an interview to a reporter.
(c) Hosted a group of school children.
(d) Listened to opera on the radio.
12. The grave digger in the painting in #44 lived in which state?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
13. For how long had Wyeth been painting at the time this book was written?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 62 years.
(c) 33 years.
(d) 50 years.
14. In the painting, "James Loper," Loper holds a horse harness belt and a _______________.
15. What was most important to Wyeth as an artist?
(b) Subject matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was James Loper in the painting, "James Loper", in 1952?
2. What did Wyeth think that light in a painting could do?
3. What was usually hidden in Wyeth's paintings?
4. What is the name of the 1950 painting of a grave digger?
5. Who was Christina Olson?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)