Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Introduction, Paintings 1-20
1. How long does Thomas Hoving say it took him to get to know Andrew Wyeth as an artist?
2. What does Thomas Hoving say is the common denominator for Wyeth the man and Wyeth the artist?
3. According to Thomas Hoving, how does Wyeth show that he struggled uncomfortably with his art?
4. How does Hoving describe Wyeth's work in terms of its romantic qualities?
5. Could Wyeth's style be narrowed down to any one technique?
6. Why was subject matter most...
This section contains 893 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)