|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 71-124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Anna Kuerner in the 1986 painting, "Cornflowers"?
2. The 1967 painting "The Sweep" featured ______________________.
(a) The wet sky over the ocean.
(b) Birds fixing a nest.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A woman cleaning house.
3. What did Wyeth often do with his paintings?
(a) He smashed them over chairs.
(b) He hid them.
(c) He burned them.
(d) He covered walls with them.
4. Who did Wyeth know who was buried in the cemetery where the grave digger was doing his work?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
5. "Half Bushel" is a painting of a half-full bushel of __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the idea for painting "Trodden Weed" occur to Wyeth?
2. Who was James Loper in the painting, "James Loper", in 1952?
3. "Cider Barrel" from 1969 depicted a big barrel of cider from whose farm?
4. What was Wyeth's message in "Weatherside"?
5. "The Swinger" from 1969 showed Jimmy Lynch on the porch of a house with what debonair article of clothing?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)