|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 71-124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wyeth's style eschewed _____________.
2. The 1967 painting "The Sweep" featured ______________________.
(a) A baseball game.
(b) Birds fixing a nest.
(c) A woman cleaning house.
(d) The wet sky over the ocean.
3. In 1951 Wyeth had an eight-hour operation on his _______________.
4. Whose gristmill is the subject of the 1978 painting, "Mill in Winter"?
5. Years after the painting of 1933 was completed, Wyeth sold it to buy __________________.
(a) Airline tickets.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A house.
(d) A studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Finn" from 1969 was a portrait of George Erikson whose daughter, ______________, Wyeth wanted to paint nude.
2. How much did Wyeth receive for the painting in 1933?
3. What color was the window sash in the 1992 painting, "Love in the Afternoon"?
4. Wyeth found pencil drawing to be very ________________.
5. What was Siri supposed to be doing in the 1973 painting, "Ericksons"?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)