|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 71-124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was most important to Wyeth as an artist?
(b) Subject matter.
2. Why did Wyeth give the 1975 painting, "The Kass," to Dr. Margaret Handy?
(a) To establish an art museum.
(b) As a birthday gift.
(c) For a hospital fundraiser.
(d) In exchange for medical exams of his son.
3. What was notable about the subject in "Garret Room"?
(a) He/She was a cripple.
(b) He/She was nude.
(c) He/She appears taller than he/she is.
(d) It was a self portrait.
4. Wyeth considered which painting to be one of the best watercolors he ever did?
(b) The Mill.
(d) Black Velvet.
5. Who is the author of ANDREW WYETH: AUTOBIOGRAPHY?
(a) Thomas Harrison.
(b) Thomas Moore.
(c) Thomas Hoving.
(d) Thomas Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The whole scene in "Flour Mill" looked like __________________.
2. What did Wyeth think about "Winter Corn" in 1948?
3. Wyeth's style eschewed _____________.
4. What childhood item hangs from the tree along with the chains used in pig slaughtering in "Rope and Chains" in 1956?
5. "Trodden Weed" in 1951 is a portrait of whose shoes?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)