|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 71-124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 1985 painting, "Rafters", shows a white dory ____________________.
(a) In a barn.
(b) In the sea grass.
(c) On a trailer.
(d) On the sand.
2. What was the impetus for Wyeth's painting "Pentecost" in 1989?
(a) He celebrated the Easter season.
(b) He attended a religious revival.
(c) A girl was swept out to sea in a storm.
(d) He was baptized.
3. What was most important to Wyeth as an artist?
(d) Subject matter.
4. Why was the 1970 painting, "Evening at Kuerners," difficult for Wyeth to paint?
(a) The weather was extremely cold.
(b) His arthritis was really bothering him.
(c) He didn't have much inspiration to paint for awhile.
(d) Karl Kuerner was very ill at the time.
5. What was the setting for "Spruce Gun" painted in 1973?
(a) Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.
(b) Princeton, New Jersey.
(c) Wyeth's Point in Maine.
(d) Albany, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wyeth think was not necessary to add to a scene?
2. Which of the following did NOT describe an Andrew Wyeth painting?
3. In many ways, Wyeth's paintings were like _________________.
4. In "Tom and His Daughter" in 1959 how was Tom portrayed?
5. Which of the following is NOT included with the descriptions of the paintings in this book?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)