|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 21-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the idea for painting "Trodden Weed" occur to Wyeth?
(a) After apple picking.
(b) During the Fall harvest.
(c) During a dream.
(d) During a walk around Chadds Ford.
2. What did Wyeth think that light in a painting could do?
(a) Make a picture more saleable.
(b) Change the face of a portrait.
(c) Shape the meaning of a picture.
(d) Ruin it.
3. What united both Wyeth the man and Wyeth the artist?
(a) His genius.
(b) His technique.
(c) His independence.
(d) His compassion.
4. What did Wyeth think that the item in "Toll Rope" represented?
(a) Religious conviction.
(b) New England as a whole.
5. How long did it take the author to get to know Andrew Wyeth as an artist?
(a) Longer than it took to know him as a person.
(b) He loved his work from the moment he saw it.
(c) He is still trying to understand him as an artist.
(d) He never did get to know him as an artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Wyeth's father worried about Wyeth's future?
2. Wyeth's reasons for starting a painting could be called _______________.
3. Who was Wyeth's subject in the 1967 painting, "Post and Rail"?
4. Where were the milk cans in "Milk Cans" located?
5. "The Swinger" from 1969 showed Jimmy Lynch on the porch of a house with what debonair article of clothing?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)