|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 21-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Wyeth stop painting pumpkins after he painted "Pumpkins" in 1968?
(a) He was told they were part of devil worship.
(b) He realized how common they were.
(c) He didn't like the color orange.
(d) His wife asked him not to.
2. Wyeth completed the "Lobster Traps" painting in what was called his _______________ period.
(a) Blue sky.
(c) Yellow sol.
(d) Purple bruise.
3. How much did Wyeth receive for the painting in 1933?
4. "The Swinger" from 1969 showed Jimmy Lynch on the porch of a house with what debonair article of clothing?
5. What was notable about the subject in "Garret Room"?
(a) He/She was a cripple.
(b) He/She appears taller than he/she is.
(c) It was a self portrait.
(d) He/She was nude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was usually hidden in Wyeth's paintings?
2. What inspired Wyeth to paint "Snow Flurries" in 1953?
3. Who was James Loper in the painting, "James Loper", in 1952?
4. "Toll Rope" in 1951 shows the inside of a _______________.
5. How long did Wyeth work on "Snow Flurries" in 1953?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)