|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 21-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Winter Bees" in 1959 is a painting of a ________________.
(b) A jar of honey.
(c) Bee stinging a child.
(d) Honey on a biscuit.
2. Where was the place in "Toll Rope" located?
(a) Watson's Bluff, Maine.
(b) Grissom's Creek, Maine.
(c) Wylie's Corner, Maine.
(d) Wehrly's Corner, Pennsylvania.
3. In "Wood Stove" painted in 1962, Wyeth depicted a house fragile on the outside but _______________________.
(a) Full of secrets on the inside.
(b) Filled with spirituality inside.
(c) As strong as a rock inside.
(d) Held up with love from the inside.
4. Who did it seem Wyeth was painting for many times?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(d) His son.
5. Which of the following is NOT true about the subject in "Gunning Rocks"?
(a) He was from Vermont.
(b) He was a black man.
(c) He was part American Indian.
(d) He was part Finn.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Before Picking" was a painting of ________________.
2. When did Wyeth cultivate his independence?
3. "Half Bushel" is a painting of a half-full bushel of __________________.
4. What did the author say about getting to know Andrew Wyeth?
5. Wyeth's emotions were revealed in a dispassionate, _____________ manner from his subjects.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)