|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 21-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What united both Wyeth the man and Wyeth the artist?
(a) His technique.
(b) His genius.
(c) His independence.
(d) His compassion.
2. In "Floating Leaves" painted in 1958, Wyeth thought that the floating and disappearance was both exciting and _________.
3. Who was the subject of the painting, "Garret Room" in 1962?
(a) Christina Olson.
(b) Betsy Wyeth.
(c) Tom Clark.
(d) Karl Kuerner.
4. In 1942, Wyeth painted "Winter Corn Field" which showcased his _____________________.
(a) Sense of compassion.
(b) Knowledge of cornfields and woods.
(c) Playful nature.
(d) Mastery of oils.
5. In the painting, "James Loper," Loper holds a horse harness belt and a _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Wyeth's subject in the 1967 painting, "Post and Rail"?
2. Why was Wyeth's father worried about Wyeth's future?
3. Who was the grave digger in the painting?
4. What did Wyeth hope to capture in the 1968 painting, "Alvaro and Christina"?
5. Who was Wyeth's wife?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)