|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 21-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1942, Wyeth painted "Winter Corn Field" which showcased his _____________________.
(a) Playful nature.
(b) Knowledge of cornfields and woods.
(c) Mastery of oils.
(d) Sense of compassion.
2. "Incoming Sea", painted in 1966, featured ___________ after the tide turns.
(a) A seagull.
(b) A lighthouse.
(c) A dory.
(d) The sky.
3. Who was the subject in "Gunning Rocks" painted in 1966?
(a) Wren Abernathy.
(b) Will Adams.
(c) Walter Anderson.
(d) Wade Amherst.
4. What was usually hidden in Wyeth's paintings?
(a) Animals and people.
(b) Emotional and personal associations.
(c) The painter's humor.
(d) Any type of impressionism.
5. How old was Wyeth when he completed the painting in 1933?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Spring Beauty" signify for Wyeth's work?
2. What did Wyeth think about "Winter Corn" in 1948?
3. Wyeth was both free and ____________________.
4. Which of the following is NOT true about the subject in "Gunning Rocks"?
5. Why was Wyeth drawn in by Johnny Lynch, the subject for "Buzzard's Glory" in 1969?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)