|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 21-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the painting, "Buzzard's Glory" get its name?
(a) It was an homage to dead animals.
(b) It was created in an area called Buzzard's Glory.
(c) It was a nickname of the boy in the painting.
(d) It was a joke the boy in the painting told him.
2. "Christmas Morning" in 1944 was Wyeth's first painting that concerned ________________.
3. Where did Wyeth find the items for "Before Picking"?
(a) His father's orchard.
(b) His cornfield.
(c) A commercial orchard.
(d) His backyard.
4. Which U.S. President had "Roasted Chestnuts" hanging in the White House for awhile?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about the subject in "Gunning Rocks"?
(a) He was part American Indian.
(b) He was a black man.
(c) He was part Finn.
(d) He was from Vermont.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject in "The Trophy" in 1963?
2. Who was Christina Olson?
3. What did the cooling shed in the painting, "Cooling Shed," remind Wyeth of?
4. Who was depicted in "Wood Stove"?
5. At whose home was the item located in "The Trophy"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)