|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Paintings 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wyeth think was not necessary to add to a scene?
2. When did the idea for painting "Trodden Weed" occur to Wyeth?
(a) During a walk around Chadds Ford.
(b) After apple picking.
(c) During the Fall harvest.
(d) During a dream.
3. What did the author say about how Wyeth felt about his art?
(a) He struggled with it.
(b) He reveled in it.
(c) He thought it as passable.
(d) He hated it.
4. What united both Wyeth the man and Wyeth the artist?
(a) His independence.
(b) His genius.
(c) His technique.
(d) His compassion.
5. How old was Wyeth when he completed the painting in 1933?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wyeth increasingly experimented with and re-conceptualized _________________.
2. Wyeth was both free and ____________________.
3. What did Wyeth often do with his paintings?
4. Who was Wyeth's wife?
5. In many ways, Wyeth's paintings were like _________________.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)