|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Paintings 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Spring Beauty" signify for Wyeth's work?
(a) He began to use watercolors.
(b) He worked on the same vista in each season.
(c) He moves closer to realism.
(d) He incorporated people into his paintings.
2. Where did Andrew Wyeth grow up?
(a) Princeton, New Jersey.
(b) Bennington, Vermont.
(c) Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.
(d) Portland, Maine.
3. What was usually hidden in Wyeth's paintings?
(a) Any type of impressionism.
(b) Animals and people.
(c) The painter's humor.
(d) Emotional and personal associations.
4. Where did Wyeth find the items for "Before Picking"?
(a) His backyard.
(b) His father's orchard.
(c) A commercial orchard.
(d) His cornfield.
5. Who was James Loper in the painting, "James Loper", in 1952?
(a) Wyeth's stepson.
(b) Wyeth's boyhood friend.
(c) Wyeth's barber.
(d) Wyeth's protege.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1933, Wyeth painted "Spring Landscape at _________________".
2. How old was Wyeth when he completed the painting in 1933?
3. What did Wyeth think about "Winter Corn" in 1948?
4. In many ways, Wyeth's paintings were like _________________.
5. Wyeth's style eschewed _____________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)