|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Paintings 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Wyeth cultivate his independence?
(a) At an early age.
(b) About the age of 21.
(c) In his mid-40s.
(d) Not until his later life.
2. In 1951 Wyeth had an eight-hour operation on his _______________.
3. "Toll Rope" in 1951 shows the inside of a _______________.
(d) School room.
4. In many ways, Wyeth's paintings were like _________________.
5. How old was Wyeth when he completed the painting in 1933?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wyeth's style eschewed _____________.
2. What piece of furniture is featured in "Front Room" in 1946?
3. What does "Spring Beauty" signify for Wyeth's work?
4. What did the cooling shed in the painting, "Cooling Shed," remind Wyeth of?
5. Wyeth completed the "Lobster Traps" painting in what was called his _______________ period.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)