|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, Paintings 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author say about getting to know Andrew Wyeth?
(a) He never really got comfortable with him.
(b) It took him a long time to get to know him as a person.
(c) He never actually met him in person.
(d) They got along famously from the start.
2. Who was James Loper in the painting, "James Loper", in 1952?
(a) Wyeth's protege.
(b) Wyeth's boyhood friend.
(c) Wyeth's stepson.
(d) Wyeth's barber.
3. Wyeth's reasons for starting a painting could be called _______________.
4. Where did Wyeth find the items for "Before Picking"?
(a) His father's orchard.
(b) His cornfield.
(c) A commercial orchard.
(d) His backyard.
5. The author said that Wyeth was no _________________.
(c) Role model.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1933, Wyeth painted "Spring Landscape at _________________".
2. What did Wyeth think about "Winter Corn" in 1948?
3. The painting, "Lobster Traps" was completed when Wyeth was what age?
4. For how long had Wyeth been painting at the time this book was written?
5. Where did Andrew Wyeth grow up?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)