|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 71-124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wyeth was both free and ____________________.
2. The 1967 painting "The Sweep" featured ______________________.
(a) Birds fixing a nest.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) The wet sky over the ocean.
(d) A woman cleaning house.
3. What was particularly hard for Wyeth to capture in "Snow Flurries"?
(a) Barren land.
(b) Color of the sky.
(c) Swirling snow.
(d) Shadows of clouds.
4. "Fast Lane" shows which kind of dead animal?
5. Why was Wyeth drawn in by Johnny Lynch, the subject for "Buzzard's Glory" in 1969?
(a) His shy smile.
(b) His bowed legs.
(c) His jet-black hair.
(d) His large hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Finn" from 1969 was a portrait of George Erikson whose daughter, ______________, Wyeth wanted to paint nude.
2. How long did it take the author to get to know Andrew Wyeth as an artist?
3. What is the person doing in the painting, "Distant Thunder"?
4. In 1942, Wyeth painted "Winter Corn Field" which showcased his _____________________.
5. What inspired Wyeth to paint "Snow Flurries" in 1953?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)