|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 21-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author say about how Wyeth felt about his art?
(a) He reveled in it.
(b) He thought it as passable.
(c) He struggled with it.
(d) He hated it.
2. The door in "Blue Door" in 1952 is at whose home?
(a) Waino Mattson's.
(b) Gabe McKinney's.
(d) Christina Olson's.
3. What was significant about the 1969 painting, "End of Olsons"?
(a) It was the end of Wyeth's contemporary series.
(b) It was the last painting Wyeth did of the Olson house.
(c) It was the end of Wyeth's blue period.
(d) It was the last painting before Wyeth ended his friendship with the Olsons.
4. For how long had Wyeth been painting at the time this book was written?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 62 years.
(c) 33 years.
(d) 50 years.
5. When did the idea for painting "Trodden Weed" occur to Wyeth?
(a) After apple picking.
(b) During a dream.
(c) During a walk around Chadds Ford.
(d) During the Fall harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. The danger in Wyeth's style of painting was that _____________________.
2. Who used the Peavey tool shown in the 1965 painting, "The Peavey"?
3. What piece of furniture is featured in "Front Room" in 1946?
4. Which of the following is NOT included with the descriptions of the paintings in this book?
5. The grave digger in the painting in #44 lived in which state?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)