|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paintings 71-124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Wyeth's subject in the 1967 painting, "Post and Rail"?
(a) Tom Clark.
(b) Karl Kuerner.
(c) Adam Stoughton.
(d) Willard Snowden.
2. How is Betsy Wyeth present in the 1986 painting, "Squall", even though she is not visible?
(a) Her coat hangs on a hook.
(b) Her Bible is on a shelf.
(c) Her needlework is on a pillow.
(d) Her apple pie is on a table.
3. Who was James Loper in the painting, "James Loper", in 1952?
(a) Wyeth's stepson.
(b) Wyeth's barber.
(c) Wyeth's boyhood friend.
(d) Wyeth's protege.
4. What was the name of Wyeth's sister whom he painted in "My Sister" in 1967?
5. What structure was shown in "Storm at Sea"?
(a) A lighthouse.
(b) A barn.
(c) A church.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the milk cans in "Milk Cans" located?
2. Why was Wyeth's father worried about Wyeth's future?
3. What did Wyeth think was not necessary to add to a scene?
4. When did the idea for painting "Trodden Weed" occur to Wyeth?
5. What was the subject of the 1981 painting, "Big Top"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)