|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Apprentice Financier.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the founder of Intel and Liz Claibourne?
(a) Hungarian Andy Grove.
(b) American Cuba Gooding, Jr.
(c) Cuban Roberto Goizuetta.
(d) Indian Pooja Patel.
2. Scott and Thomson hold stock in Carnegie's name for what reason?
(a) Carnegie is very well-known and trusted.
(b) To avoid impropriety for Carnegie's one-eighth interest.
(c) They are afraid to hold stock in their own.
(d) Carnegie will not allow them to hold stock in anyone else's name.
3. What demand adequate cash flow and net income for operating expenses and a dividend sufficient to maintain and attract capital to grow?
(a) Sales skills.
(b) Organizational skills.
(c) Railroad technology skills.
(d) Railroad management skills.
4. _____________ is the focal point that straddles the east-west route where the Monongahela and Allegheny rivers join at the Ohio River.
5. Railroads need huge amounts of what to construct track and more as they expand?
(a) Technological understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1863, his investments pay $45,460 and by 1868, he receives __________ per year for an investment of $817 that he borrows to make.
2. Previously Margaret Carnegie's sisters, Annie Aitken and Kitty Hogan immigrate in __________, and write of good and bad times there.
3. Carnegie is cautious in his investments by limiting them to what?
4. Scott and Thomson like the Woodruff Sleeping Car Company that owns patents in 1858 but lacks what?
5. Except for Tom, the youngest who is in school, Will and Margaret go to work by weaving and shoe-binding, and Andrew as what in a textile mill?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)