|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder: A Structure of Steel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carnegie progresses from rolling rail to rolling structural beams and angles for bridges, skyscrapers, and ________________.
(c) Elevated railroads.
2. Andrew goes to night school in bookkeeping at what age?
3. Carnegie's first dividend check for ________ opens a whole new world of receiving cash from capital.
4. The triumvirate agrees to sell at once for what reason?
(a) There are no better offers.
(b) It is the most logical plan.
(c) Since it has no dollar investment in the transaction.
(d) They want to get rid of shares.
5. Carnegie rises from bobbin boy at __________ per week in 1850 to railroad superintendent at $2,400 per year in 1865.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carnegie becomes an expert in Pittsburgh's _____________ business.
2. Bank failures destroy personal savings, social safety nets are nonexistent and workers retreat to the family farm or where?
3. Carnegie uses a similar strategy to exit the Woodruff Company by reorganizing it into ________________ with new stockholders and the triumvirate unstated.
4. Railroad receipts increase from $40 million in 1851 to _____________ fifteen years later in 1867.
5. He leaves his Pittsburgh home and iron business to live in what city?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)