|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Triumph and Tragedy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frick's first acquisition is _____________, which is the most modern steel mill and keeps the Carnegie Company at the forefront.
(a) Factory Steel.
(b) Duquesne Steel.
(c) U.S. Steel.
2. The process takes longer than expected, but by 1868 production begins, and expansion is planned in what year?
3. Whose pioneering skills in management are codified in his "Book of Rules and the Employees' Timetable?"
(a) Duane McMahon's.
(b) Daniel McCallum's.
(c) David McClure's.
(d) Darrel McAllister's.
4. Carnegie relies on what system implemented by Thomson and Scott at the railroad to transfer and adapt it to industry?
(a) The McCallum.
(b) The McAllister.
(c) The McDonald.
(d) The McMillan.
5. Carnegie is praised by labor leaders and Frick is considered _____________.
(a) "Strange and righteous."
(b) "Haughty and disdainful."
(c) "A hero."
(d) "Carnegie's assistant."
Short Answer Questions
1. Carnegie's labor guidelines and Captain Bill's implementation works well until 1889 when what happens to Bill?
2. Managerial skill level reached over ______________ years exceeds that of the prior five centuries.
3. Americans in the North have how many years of peace and prosperity as they begin to exploit American markets?
4. The size and complexity of a railroad business requires creation of bureaucratic organization, structure, and what else?
5. Railroads need huge amounts of what to construct track and more as they expand?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)