|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the first baby of Abdullah's stepmother who died from a cold?
2. What would the div do if a family refused to give it one child, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) It would kill the entire village.
(b) It would kill and eat the family's parents.
(c) It would take all the family's children.
(d) It would leave and go home.
3. What request does Masooma make when Parwana is filling her hookah in the desert in Chapter 3?
(a) To add more opium.
(b) To use less opium.
(c) To use only hashish.
(d) To use only tobacco.
4. When does the author of the letter in Chapter 4 say he met Nila?
5. What yearly ritual does the author of the letter in Chapter 4 recall sharing with Mr. Markos?
(a) Hunting deer.
(b) Riding bicycles.
(c) Planting tomatoes.
(d) Reading poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the darkness around Parwana compared to in the end of Chapter 3?
2. How old was Saboor when he died, according to the narrator in Chapter 4?
3. The letter-writer in Chapter 4 compares a story to what?
4. For how long does the author of the letter in Chapter 4 say he has known Mr. Markos?
5. What sets Chapter 4 apart from the other chapters in And the Mountains Echoed?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)