|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose bicycle does Masooma recall wrecking in Chapter 3?
(a) Nabi's bicycle.
(b) Saboor's bicycle.
(c) Gholam's bicycle.
(d) Mulla Shekib's bicycle.
2. How long was the mourning period after Baba Ayub lost his child to the div?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 40 days.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 20 days.
3. What did Baba Ayub announce as his intentions when the div opened the gate to his fort in Chapter 1?
(a) He intended to retrieve his son.
(b) He intended to kill the div.
(c) He intended to burn down the fort.
(d) He intended to take his wife away.
4. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in Chapter 1?
5. What does Masooma convince Parwana to do in the desert in Chapter 3?
(a) To go for help in Kabul.
(b) To marry Iqbar.
(c) To kill her with a dagger.
(d) To leave her there and return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does the author of the letter in Chapter 4 say he has known Mr. Markos?
2. On what day of the week does Parwana visit the graves of her parents?
3. Why does Abdullah's father hit him in the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What type of trees did Baba Ayub grow and harvest?
5. What does Baba Ayub's village's name translate to in English?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)